Thinking of starting...

x Lulu x

Silver Member
I'm on day 2 of a vlcd and i just cant stomach the shakes they are awful.

So i'm trying to find an alternative diet, but before i buy the book i wanted to ask some questions.

I want to loose 2 and a half stone. Fast! How much weight can i expect to lose on dukan?

I want to lose as much as i can in 9 weeks.

X

Hi lulu, I have just completed a week on dukan and lost 10lbs. although im a newbie i do totally recommend it as it is so strict and after day three u stop craving sweet things. Its definately worth a try. x

Hi Lulu I've only been doing Dukan just over a week so not an expert yet but I do know that I haven't been hungry once it just takes a while to get your head around the fact that the more protein you eat the more you loose! I lost 7lb in my first week! I think you could loose a big part of the weight you want to loose in 9 weeks not sure on all of it, but as I said I'm still learning! Xx

Thanks. A girl in my office is doing it but she's 8st 11 and she lost 5 pounds in a week.

I've avoided sitting with everyone for lunch today because i'm so hungry.

Think i might give it a try. Vlcd are expensive! Least i can eat what is in the fridge.

If i could loose 20lb i'd be happy. I'm going to glastonbury and i want to wear shorts, i dont want to be too hot wearing layers of clothes trying to hide.

Can you exercise i have a gym membership and enjoy going so dont really want to give it up x

You won't be hungry that's for sure! And exercise is encorouged so you will be on the right track straight away! The vlcd your doing sounds like torture to me! Why put yourself through that! You could be sitting with you work colleagues again tomorrow eating a huge lunch :D xx

You won't be hungry that's for sure! And exercise is encorouged so you will be on the right track straight away! The vlcd your doing sounds like torture to me! Why put yourself through that! You could be sitting with you work colleagues again tomorrow eating a huge lunch :D xx

I know. I really admire people who have the willpower for it. Here i am on day 2 ready to give up!

I know, i love ww but need fast results.

I've found a tin of heinz tomato soup in my draw and its literally screaming my name.

I just cant stick with anything at the moment x

Hi just jumping in with my two pennyworth. I have been on the diet for 10 months and so far lost 5.5 stone. I did attack for one week and lost 7lb in that week and then lost the next few stone very quickly, but my losses have slowed right down now for this last stone.

However, one thing that does seem to happen is that people who are jumping from one diet to this one without a proper break don't lose as much in their first weeks. Because a lot of that first loss is water weight and you will have already lost that doing other diets.

The one massive saving grace for this diet is that you are never hungry, unless of course you go too long between meals, like I sometimes do eek!!! Plan you week menu, look at the diaries cos most of us put up our food lists each day or week. Look on here and google for recipes and keep a file of them, you will find loads and loads out there, its really the best diet ever. I've previously done SW, WW and Calories, tried McKenna and just reduced food but this one with the restrictions is by far the best.

Thanks for your advice, really appreciate it.

This week i'm goin to stick with salad for lunch and then maybe fish or chicken and veg for dinner. Going to follow weight watchers this week but be very strict and try to keep carbs low.

Think i will buy the dukan book and start next week x

Very informative xxx

Back