thinking of trying slimfast / asda /tesco shakes

juelou

hi i have been doing slimming world on and off for about 2 years but due to family problems didnt have time or energy to constantly worry about food after reading some of the slim fast threads im wondering if this would actually give me the kick start i need to get back to losing weight i was only thinking of doing it for 6 weeks max then maybe back to slimming world ? any thoughts ideas much appreciated also could i use the tesco or asda skakes ? and what do people eat for the 600 calorie meal would it be jacket potato omelette ect

hi im going to try slim fast too and just to let you know that at the moment tesco have offers on slim fast dont know what they taste like yet as i havent tried them

oh lovely im off to hve a look in a min i have never tried them either fingers crossed when are you starting ?

Hi and welcome to SF both of you :)

Your best bet with the shakes is to try them all as we have different tastes. Personally i only like the strawberry but my OH prefers the choc.

For the 600 cal meal tis really your choice. I try and eat with the family still though. Myfitnesspal is really good for logging cals if you think it'll help. It also has a large database for looking up cals of foods.

Good luck with your journies and keep us updated :)

hi juelou i have started today and i must say its been ok ive been drinking more water than i normally do and havent felt hungry. ive had the banana shake for breakfast and bar for lunch had a calorie counted ready meal for tea and had 2 snacks. hope you find it ok too

Last edited:
sat was my first day and it was ok i was shocked at how little i can eat and not feel hungry thanks loser85 how long have you been doing sf ?

I first used SF back in 2011 at my heaviest of nearly 24 stone. Lost 2 stone in around 10 weeks but moved over to WW after that.

This time round dont really have losses to report yet as fell off the wagon on friday and stuggling to get back on. Roughly though i lose around 2lbs a week with SF. First week i can lose upto 8lbs.

wow 8 in first week thats amazing im going to struggle next weekend its mine and hubbys birthday already have a table booked for a slap up meal and off out friday for a mega birthday present shop lol but fingers crossed the days im good will make up for the days i cant be :(

Dont focus on the days you'll be off plan. Just behave the best you can on your diet days. Any weight gain (small id imagine) will be straight off again. Enjoy your birthdays and present shopping.

Back