Third time lucky!?!?

rachael1664

Hi everyone,
My 1st attempt of LT was a success I lost 19lb in 2 weeks! My 2nd attempt was a miserable fail after my 2nd day and now is my 3rd attempt!
I'm determined this time but sometimes all the determination goes out of the window when colleagues offer me chocolate, or I have to drive home from work, passing 3 McDonald's (my weakness).
Im 5ft 8in and 16st so I've got 5 stone to loose or I'd be happy a size 12-14 but I'm very lucky because I usually get to ketosis in 2-3 days. But getting there kills me lol I suffer with the worst headaches, become really grumpy and tired too oh and my breath smells like something's died in my mouth (husbands words) I know my first 3 days are the toughest...but after that it's very enjoyable...so here's to 13 days of headaches, grumpiness, smellyness, tiredness and working 3 12 hr shifts lol!! Wish me luck!!
Rachael

Hi Rachael, just thought id say hi I'm a newbie just starting a vlcd too with 7 stone to lose, I'm in the second day of ketosis with a banging headache! Third time is meant to be lucky and hopefully it will be the last:).
leaih

Hi Leaih, how's ketosis feeling? I'm 2 days in now and only just getting the headaches! It's not as hard as it has been the previous 2 times but it's still my first week. I have a day off tomorrow so going to keep myself occupied to stop me raiding the fridge ? how long dud it take you to get into ketosis?
Rachael x

Hi Rachael,I ran around cleaning the whole house on friday & saturday and was in ketosis within 2 days. I belive it varies but usually 2-4 days. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a headache free day;) I used to binge eat (up until 3 days ago) so now I've completely emptied the fridge to stop me eating. It's going to take will power, I'm promising myself 2012 will be the last of my obese years. hope tomorrow goes well for you.:)
leaih

Well I've got a day off today so today's my running around cleaning day lol last night I was lay in bed and it's the first time I had hunger pangs. I'm a binge eater too I don't care of I'm not hungry I just feel like I had to eat 4 chocolate bars do hoping this will snap me out of it.
I used to be really into my sports and athletic and now I just look like a middle aged brit that doesn't look after herself lol so I'm with you. 2012 is the year for me too. Good luck today!!!

Hiya Rachael, just wondering how you got on today?
I completely relate to the dreaded binge eating, for me also i wasn't even hungry just wanted comfort. 4 years ago i was in the gym every other day, but at present my weights holding me back from even entering the gym. I've been okay today still trying to glug down the water, lol. Hope you enjoyed your day off and also had a good day.
leaih

Hi leaih I've actually been ok, I've still had a few hunger pangs but otherwise I drink my black tea with sweetener for a sweet kick. I was exactly the same in the gym and now can't believe how little confidence I have even going out I hate it incase I see someone I know and they see how much I have put on. I've been a little light headed today but I'm determined. How are you getting on? X

Glad to hear your determined and getting on well. I'm doing good thanks also enjoying the shakes, and using them as a sweet fix, still not getting enough water but I'm sure I'll get better at it over the next 7months.:) I'm going to the honk if your 100% thread, don't know why but i look forward to the honk, lol. speak soon and good luck for tomorrow x

hi girls i am new to this and i am just wondering what diet this is you's are on. i have around 6 stone to lose :cry:
thanks orla xo

Hi Orla, I'm on slim&save its a vlcd, currently on day 5, with 7 stone i must lose, will lose. I chose the diet because it's alot cheaper than the other vlcd's and the shakes bars and meal sachets are really nice.
let me know how you get on.
leaih

Hi leaih, sorry im new to this what is vlcd? how are you getting on with your weight loss?x

lol thats brillant where do you get these shakes etc... have you just started also?x

hi all a very low calorie diet - food replacement in the form of shakes bars and food sachets - cambridge diet, lighterlife, extante, howards way, slim and save all do versions of this, it puts you into ketosis so your body uses your fat storage for fuel:)
leaih

Yay for you 6.5lbs already! That's great I'm weighing in tomorrow, and i look forward to seeing your way in on sunday x have a good weekend
leaih

First week done! stuck to it 100% and lost 12lbs:D, can't wait for next weeks weigh in now, i might be in the 15's!:fingerscrossed:. I have found the last two night's hard, but this is so motivating. How are you doing? look forward to seeing your weight loss tomorrow :fingerscrossed: x. leaih

Back