This board is a lot quieter than I remember a few years ago

Blubell._.0422

Silver Member
Never mind...I post a LOT when I get going so you'll all get fed up of my posts :D

Yes, it is, I agree. I reckon we should start posting threads all over the place, get things moving!

Should be some newbies along soon too (along with some more oldies-but-goodies ;)), it's that time of year!

I'm a repeat offender!! Always back with near on the same amount to lose.....oops. Starting back on the 9th hopefully. Totally different consultant and with a boyfriend who supports me :) bring it on!! Again :)

It's much quieter than when I joined in 2008, but then 1) It's christmas and 2) when I first joined, the TFR choices were Cambridge, LL and Lipotrim... now we have those 3 plus Exante, S&S, Celebrity Slim, just to name a few, and that is just one form of diet!!! The forum on the whole has expanded in to some many different pages, add on to that the sub-catergories for each diet... my point being there is probably still as many users, they are just more spread out :)

Oh I'm good at posting all over the place LOL. Cazza I remember you from a few years back :) I see what you mean about the other diets available but even so it seems soooo quiet here.

I recognise your picture (I think?) but obviously not your username...what was your old username?

Aha, yes - of course! I think I remember who you are too, Slim2012! Did your previous username begin with P? :)

Yes Lily :) Cazza-it was polishrose. I wanted a fresh start in 2012...didn't help mind LOL

LOL, the times I've wanted to do that. :) I did invent another username at one point but didn't really use it in the end. I keep thinking that I have to get this diet right eventually and then I can be one of those smug "if at first you don't succeed, keep trying" examples. :rolleyes:

Think that might be the voice of hope over experience :) but I'm determined to keep going!

Yeah I wish I hadn't bothered changing it now.I thought it might give me a boost but nope.Still at least I'm back on it now.And will not be giving up this time.

Hiya ladies, another oldie back for one last attempt at this. I'm feeling a lot more determined than I ever have before, I need to shift this weight. I'm well out of my comfort zone and I hate it. I'm starting again on New Year's Day, forgoing the usual feast and just getting cracking. I'm not allowing myself any tweaks (splash of milk in tea/coffee, the odd pick here and there). It's not happening!!!

I've even gone back and read some of my posts from 2008 when I did it so successfully and I was so single minded. Minis has changed so much since then though, there seems to be a lot more negativity and a lot less support but I'm not letting that stop me as its just a personal feeling I get, it might just be me feeling vulnerable at the moment.

Anyway good luck with starting again, I guess it doesn't matter how many times we restart so long as we never give up completely :)

Hi Surfhunny, I agree - never give up! I didn't succeed the first time I gave up smoking but I learnt something each time I tried. I haven't smoked for over 5 years now! Trying to apply the same logic to losing weight!

Welcome back and good luck!

Hiya ladies, another oldie back for one last attempt at this. I'm feeling a lot more determined than I ever have before, I need to shift this weight. I'm well out of my comfort zone and I hate it. I'm starting again on New Year's Day, forgoing the usual feast and just getting cracking. I'm not allowing myself any tweaks (splash of milk in tea/coffee, the odd pick here and there). It's not happening!!!

I've even gone back and read some of my posts from 2008 when I did it so successfully and I was so single minded. Minis has changed so much since then though, there seems to be a lot more negativity and a lot less support but I'm not letting that stop me as its just a personal feeling I get, it might just be me feeling vulnerable at the moment.

Anyway good luck with starting again, I guess it doesn't matter how many times we restart so long as we never give up completely :)

I did that, Sal - went back and read some of my first posts here. I sounded so upbeat and positive LOL - well, not surprising really. I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks! :bliss: Sounds good to me. I'm tweaking just a teeny bit - I'm having a teensy drop of skimmed milk when I have the occasional cup of tea because I get so heartily sick of having black coffee all the time. But other than that, no modifications. Zip, nada.

Hello ladies = I'm back again, have put on nearly 2 stone!!!!!! Arghhhh!!! However I'm starting 2013 2 stone lighter than I did 2012 so have to think positive. Day 1, so far so good. Good luck everyone!

Hello ladies = I'm back again, have put on nearly 2 stone!!!!!! Arghhhh!!! However I'm starting 2013 2 stone lighter than I did 2012 so have to think positive. Day 1, so far so good. Good luck everyone!

Yay, Scooterchick - hello-ee! :D

Congratulations on starting the new year at a lower weight than last new year. :clap: Sadly, I can't say the same! :eek:

I'm going to need help to hang on in there - on day 2 and at the "I'd eat my own arm" stage. :)

Hey Lily - We caqn do this, once and for all!!! All good so far to me, but it's only 1pm lol, just find it difficult to drink water with little people running around. Are you SSing? xxx

Hey Lily - We caqn do this, once and for all!!! All good so far to me, but it's only 1pm lol, just find it difficult to drink water with little people running around. Are you SSing? xxx

Yep. One strawberry shake down, one litre of water (need to up the ante with that!). Just got dressed, LOL (what am I like? ;)).

How's about you - SS-ing too?

I just came back from seeing my consultant-I rang a different one and she saw me today so I could get the docs forms signed tomorrow.She was lovely :) Very positive.Seeing her again on Monday 7th so it'll be a longer official weigh in but that's OK.
I have noticed one thing on the forums-there's a lot more cheating going on than there used to be and a lot more acceptance of it. If someone posted about wanting to eat there used to be people coming on saying don't do it, don't eat,have a bath etc, whereas now people seem to be saying it's ok, have some chicken etc.Isn't the whole point of a VLCD and being on SS that we learn to not give in to cravings?Just my opinion before anyone gets offended...

I just came back from seeing my consultant-I rang a different one and she saw me today so I could get the docs forms signed tomorrow.She was lovely :) Very positive.Seeing her again on Monday 7th so it'll be a longer official weigh in but that's OK.
I have noticed one thing on the forums-there's a lot more cheating going on than there used to be and a lot more acceptance of it. If someone posted about wanting to eat there used to be people coming on saying don't do it, don't eat,have a bath etc, whereas now people seem to be saying it's ok, have some chicken etc.Isn't the whole point of a VLCD and being on SS that we learn to not give in to cravings?Just my opinion before anyone gets offended...

If someone gets you down about cheating you feel so low and for a lot of us low feelings = binging. So, as a support forum its easier for us to say if you feel you NEED food have some protein rather then binge or cheat and come completely off plan. I'd rather someone had a blip then completely give up.

Yes but the whole point is to help them not cheat in the first place surely?If I wanted to eat I'd much prefer people said outright not to do it, than give me "permission" to have chicken etc. If you've already cheated OK not much point having a go as that won't help, but helping someone not to cheat in the first place would be better wouldn't it?

Back