This forum is awesome. I just proved it to myself!

KookieDoh

Ugly duckling going Swan.
Don't judge me! I sometimes visit other forums (I know I'm awful) and after recently joining one, I was shocked by the behaviour that went on. This site meant to be occupied by hippy chicks and lovely women was full of abuse, personal attacks out of the blue, and soooooo many rude words I didn't even know. I then discovered not only were there no such thing as a moderator but the admin would "only delete spam as this is a place of free expression". Yikes. I only posted a few hello type posts before I got attacked by someone who thought I was "up myself and bossy." What? All I said was hi! And anyway, I can't even say boo to a goose let along boss anyone! I didn't reply and just left. At the end of the day, it's a website after all.

It really made me grateful that places like Minimins exist. Forums that focus on protecting it's community rather than following the extreme free speech ideal which allows innocent people to get abused by trolls (and the shocking bit was the majority of these women were OVER 30!). How can you be free to post if you fear being ganged up on by some rather pathetic immature women whose lives are so sad, they have to bully other women on the internet like cowards to feel better?

I offically love minimins. I love you guys!

Last edited:
I found the exact same thing earlier in the week on facebook. I was totally stunned by the way people behave. Similarly I'd only put on a couple of posts before someone started hurling abuse. Telling me I was a lazy B*tch for not looking through all the old posts to find the answer to my question. There were over 1000 pages to trawl through and let's face it who has time?

That kind of thing would never happen on minimins people can ask the same question 100 times and others still respond as if it was the first time.… there's no abuse and any does crop up is stamped out immediately by the moderators. I love minimins for all the help and support and I'll be leaving the other idiots to themselves on their fb discussions. :) minis rocks!!!!

I agree :D I'm new to the forum and feel very comfortable already. I belong to a couple of photography forums (my hobby) and on those I am really careful about how I word things because they are all waiting to jump on you! Here it's totally different, I'm a big fan already. You have both done really well by the way and hope I can do as well.
Thanks
Deb x

Aw thanks!

I don't have facebook just because I found myself getting more and more confused on it plus there is always tension over who you add and who you don't add.

I may set up a minimins special one in the future though! :flirt2:

I decided that since this forum was run by a popular company (I won't name it, we don't want forum wars), I would email them. I was shocked that they would allow people to do that to each in their name so I wrote a non ranty but moany email saying basically I thought it was wrong they allowed people to be so awful and rude in the name of free speech and I was shocked they refused to do anything about it. I recieved a very apologetic reply saying that they were sorry I had such a negative experience and that usually their forum is full of creatvity and freedom to exchange ideas and that they don't normally get involved because they like to think of the users as a family that can sort conflict quickly between themselves. That annoyed me slightly. It was code for "we can't be arsed to do any work".

I replied by sending them a link to a thread where a group of 30 something women bullied and ganged up on a teenage girl who had told them she was a muslim and asked them if that was just creativity......

No reply yet...... :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree with you more. I've only been on here a week or so but I've already found it very welcoming, very entertaining and a great source of inspiration and motivation.

I do wonder what on earth is matter with some people. As you say, they seem to be lying in wait to jump out and attack someone for no other reason than they have an opinion. I'm a member on another forum and I stopped posting a long time ago because certain people just seemed to be downright nasty. About six months ago I did a little experiment and made a comment within a posting to see what would happen. Nothing had changed and the abuse was hurled as per usual.

Really horrid behavour!! Truth is, for the majority of us using message boards / forums , the like, we are not really real to a lot of people, iykwim? They forget there is a real person behind that post and they have feelings.

My motto in life is do to others what you would have them do to you!!

I have only been here a few days and have found courtesy and support and hopefully others will say the same of me....

Really horrid behavour!! Truth is, for the majority of us using message boards / forums , the like, we are not really real to a lot of people, iykwim? They forget there is a real person behind that post and they have feelings.

My motto in life is do to others what you would have them do to you!!

I have only been here a few days and have found courtesy and support and hopefully others will say the same of me....

I like that moto!

Its disgusting what some people say in PA's i admin another forum totally unrelated to weightloss but theres loads on there but its such a major site! x

im a newbie and find this to be the friendliest forum going, everyone supports you and gives good helpful advice

How lovely to read that we all support MINIMINS.

I am a big fan and since being on here I have found nothing but nice people willing to help and support others.

The only other weight loss forum I sometimes follow is the Go Lower one, which is also supportive but I don't think I have even posted on there as whenever I think "I can answer that" I realise the question has been answered before I even logged on!

This is a fantastic site and the moderators must do a great job as I have not seen any abuse.

i love this site for the same reason

*group hug*

this is a place you can come to and no matter what, somebody will give you support, should you have never even heard of them before. the way the real world used to be, before all this PC etc etc

I keep popping onto a certain FB forum to keep myself entertained. It amazes me how people behave and most of them are adults, they even had a teenager tell them off for behaving like children, I love it, I just lurk and read it all, but don't join in with it, I value my FB account too much to get involved.

I love this site too, I've been reading other peoples posts for a while now and was too scared to join and write anything myself because of bad experiences ive had on other chat sites. This is the friendliest forum ever !!

Thanks Minimins xxx

KB

I have found I can be totally honest on this site and everyone is really friendly so I am pleased to hear you you will be posting on here and not just reading.

I am still shocked that sites exist where people are rude, especially as these forums are about support, not abuse!

Back