This is hard

MattyG

Oh my god. This is the hardest thing I have ever embarked on. When I left uni in 2003 I was 13 and a half stone. 10 years later I have crept up to over 17 stone.
2 years ago I snapped a ligament in my knee which didn't help but since my reconstruction op at the beginning of the year, I am only now getting some fairly good motion out of it to get back to training (and ultimately rugby)

How people do these diets is beyond and takes a serious amount of willpower. I decided to go straight for the total solution and have kept on that plan since Monday. I don't drink tea or coffee and I drink water in work anyway so drinking plenty each day is the easy bit.

pretty much every night I have dreamed about eating the foods I like that got me into this mess - dominos pizza, curry, sweets, biscuits etc.
nearly finished week 1.... only 5 more to go :(

starting Monday I am also going to attempt to start the insanity workout. Whether it is recommended or not I don't know but hopefully stick to drinking plenty of water and the gut will fly off. Hopefully when I get to the end I can post up some start and end body shots. But either way, I'll be here posting my journey for the next 6 weeks!

Matt

Hi Matt and welcome,

I promise you that it does get easier in week 2! I'm nearly at the end of week 4 and I have eaten some stuff but tried not to have anything that will kick me out of ketosis. My craving for sweet stuff and starchy carbs seems to have gone, as the weeks have gone by.
Good luck !!

Thanks.
meat is defo the thing I am missing the most. For the first 3days I was very grumpy and snapping at nothing.

luckily I am also a stubborn git and once I start something, I won't stop. Hopefully losing my fat will become addictive.

I feel for you matt, I'm only on day 1 and I'm close to giving up. I've never vlcd before and I expected it to be a bit easier than this. The headaches, the being irritable...I hate it. Oh well, guess I have to try and keep going. Keep it up xx

Defo does get better so don't give in. After 3 days it will be a lot easier.
what is hard right now is smelling all the barbecues around my neighbourhood! I want a burger soooo bad. But alas, I am determined.

i was sure I was only going to weigh myself once a week but I had a sneak today. I'm already down to 16st 9lb. that's 5 days with no exercise. Gonna start breasting myself next week though with insanity (beach body)

Hiya Matt and welcome aboard!!

Its feels amazing to lose the weight =)

I was at the zoo today and went to the toilet and it was only when I seen my reflection in a different mirror and a different environment I seem how much weight I had actually lost and I spent the day strutting about the zoo feeling amazing lol!

=D

Hi Matt and welcome. :welcome2: I started doing exante on 28th April and have already lost a stone and gone down a dress size! The weight loss is addictive and Chelly's right, it is amazing when you catch a glimpse of yourself unexpectedly in the mirror and see how much better you look! It isn't easy but it is well worth the effort to lose the weight. I also feel a lot fitter and healthier. It is motivating to read the diaries so you might find that helps. Stick at it and you'll soon become a beach adonis!!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel - it's the smell of food I've found difficult so far (granted, I'm only a few days in!) but being able to smell the lovely food around me is really distracting. I just have to remind myself that I'm not actually hungry - I'm just being tempted by the idea of it.

Marty welcome and stick with it. It is great when people start to notice that you look different.

Hi Matty and Rachaelpie, keep going is done get much easier and just think of the end results.

Thanks for the welcome all.
Yeah it's hard to break the normal routine I had with food. Every night after my tea, I always had something sweet to finish off my meal. Even something as simple as a crunch corner yoghurt.

Now instead, I have the lovely taste of either pasta carbonara or soup to see me through to the morning. I don't have a goal as such, I just bought the 6 week pack and will see how far that takes me. I was more of a lifestyle change than an actual goal in weight. Not sure if this is wise but apparently my perfect BMI suggests I should be 12.5 stone. Not realistic considering my stocky frame...and the need to play rugby!

im enjoying going through old posts though and picking up good inspiration and tips. Loving the site so far!

Welcome Matty

It will get easier. I am nearly through 3 weeks now and I now quite enjoy being around food, doing the shopping as am already making better choices for my family without really thinking too much about it. I tear up a slice of ham/turkey to add to the pasta and have been out for a meal and had chicken caesar salad. I just avoid too much carb and seems to keep me in ketosis.
Be careful not to exercise too much on ts as isn't really enough calories to allow for that.

Am sure you will see great results by the end of 6 weeks so keep with it x

Don't worry I won't over do it. I can be lazy at times. Anything I do I will have supervision.
I know TS doesn't provide the calories, but surely my fat stores do?! :D

Lol i remember on my first got at TFR once ketosis hit I felt like I could walk to the end of the earth and back!! Lol
You just gotta be careful cus if you work your body too hard it'll get shocked and think its starving and actually hold on to your fat store to protect your organs!!

Very true Chelly.so thats why when im on vlcd I take advantage and do very little exercise lol xx

hey Maty and welcome. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I am on the last day of week 5 and am 3 stone down. It most definitely gets easier and I look forward to reading your diary of your journey

Wowsers, 3stone in 5 weeks. If I achieved that, I would be over the moon. Nice work!

I've lost 15lb in 4 weeks. Some people lose more quicklyand some not as fast - we're all different! However, I'm still amazed at mt weight loss. I've not lost this amount of weight ever before.

Welll done everyone on your losses....Amaazing!! Can i just ask?! Is it true that people with more weight to loose will lose it quickly in the begining or is that a myth?? Becky x

Back