This is my year, EE and Green days with Photos

bikerbabe 44

Silver Member
Second attempt at this diary, info about me in a min :confused:

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone.
well as you can see from my title I was diagnosed with graves disease in april 2011 which made me overactive and i have spent the last 2 years trying to get it under control with varying dosage changes of Neomercazole, all to no avail. I dont have eye issues and was totally against having RAI so opted for surgery to have my thyroid removed instead.
well i had my surgery 18 days ago and im pleased to say im feeling better from the surgery every day.
For the rest of my life i will now be underactive and will be medicated to keep my metabolism going, ive been started on a low dose 50 mcg of Eltroxin and i know it will probally be increased when i have my blood checked, first bloodwork this friday.

Im lucky to go to a really great SW group and im going back tomorrow to get weighed, ive made good friends and have got great support from them, but i know its gonna be a bit of an uphill struggle at the begining for me this time until my medecine is at the correct dosage.
If i dont loose any weight at the begining im hoping that by doing SW i will at least minimise the damage lol. Im gonna start this diary to keep myself motivated and on track and i would love if you would like to join me. onwards and downwards as they say x

Extra Easy Day

Evening all well I'm just back from group and after being away for 4 weeks I have lost Half lb. I'm just delighted cos as far as I'm concerned any loss is great.
I had a lovely day today in town clothes shopping with my daughter but I think I overdone it a bit cos the neck is a bit sore, anyway food for today

Breakfast porridge 35g ,Raspberries, Banana, Orange and a muller lite

Lunch. We went to our local restaurant, they have a SW menu and I got the Peri Peri chicken with noodle and tomato and red onion salad, the dip is fat free yogurt with garlic etc. the whole thing is syn free

Dinner. Just cooked a Salmon fillet in the oven with a wee bit of curry powder sprinkled on top with some stir fry veg yum yum

HEa milk in my teas

HEb porridge

Syns 1Bacardi & Diet coke (4)
Costa coffee cooler (8 )

image-13318738.jpg

image-3676272593.jpg

image-1629536909.jpg

image-2911298308.jpg

Extra Easy Day

What happened to Summer ? one lovely day yesterday and now back to the winter and rain.....

Just had my usual breakfast of Porridge, Fruit and Muller yogurt and I going to make a big mug of tea and try to plan out menus for the week

image-1151949490.jpg

Dident have a lot to eat today because ive woken up with a cold, ive spent most of the day on my sofa.

Lunch............. a few slices of ham and a banana

Dinner............. I made myself a lovely chicken fillet burger, i panfried the fillet using spray oil and flavoured it with barbicue seasoning, popped some gerkins on the side. Im over on syns today but will pull back tomorrow

HEa.............40g cheese for my burger
HEb.............35g porridge

syns............1/2 bag tayto crisps (5) bread roll (7) small glass of white wine (5)

Last edited:
Friday 10 May

Morning All
Well I forgot to do yesterday's diary so here goes

Breakfast..... Porridge muller light 1 banana and some frozen raspberries

Lunch....... Had a hospital visit to get my bloods done so had a cappachino and 2 bananas in their cafeteria

Dinner...... Fillet steak, roasted red, green and yellow peppers, courgette, onion,tomato with spray oil & sprinkle of chilly powder. Aldi hot and spicy couscous ( I normally use ainsley Harriet ones and I can say the Aldi was just as nice and half the price ) topped with 45 feta cheese HEa

HEa...... 45g feta
HEb.......35g porridge

Syns.......2 glasses of wine aprox(12/14 )
Cappichano aprox (5)

image-1820551068.jpg

image-2595033330.jpg

Saturday 11 may

Yesterdays food diary Extra Easy

Breakfast....... Had the usual Porridge Muller light and Strawberries, Banana

Lunch.........I heated up my leftover couscous and roasted veg from yesterday's tea and topped it with feta 20 g. It tastes a lot nicer than it looks.

Dinner....... Yum yum my absolute favourite
Sw taco chips every time I eat this I still can't believe it's diet food , I will post the recipe if anyone wants it

HEa.... Cheddar on taco chip
HEb.....Porridge 35g

Syns....Feta cheese 20g (3) 1tbsp extra light mayo (0.5) 1 tbsp sweet chilly sauce (1.5) flour(2) oil for chips (2) 2 glasses wine (10)

That's me over the syns again, i will have to be good for the rest of the weekend cos my weigh in is on Monday

image-2548687202.jpg

image-2813993186.jpg

found you now :D

food's been looking good this week...i like looking at people's pics - i don't ever really post pics cos its a bit of a palava - i'd have to take the pic on my phone, email it to myself, open it on the laptop, save it then upload it when i'm writing my post....grrrr lol.

well done on the loss...as you say, any loss is a loss and although we all want lbs off every week, downwards is the direction we're aiming for :D

my friend's recently been diagnosed with thyroid troubles (underactive i think), she's put a lot of weight on and is sooooo low. it's a shame cos nothing she's tried has worked so far but i reckon she needs to wait until it's sorted out with her meds etc before she tries but really feel for her.
she was meant to be getting married but has called it all off cos she feels so sh1t about herself and how her pics etc would be. bl0ody shame :( if only it all sorted itself out as soon as the dr's prescribed tablets eh x

Yeahhhhh 2 ladies following me, I thought I was gonna be on my own forever lol

Food for Saturday 4 may

Breakfast.... Decided to just have fruit and yogurt and save my HEb for something later

I then decided to sort out my wardrobe, well we all have stuff pushed to the back because they are the wrong size don't we !!!!! Guess what found 2 pairs of jeans that fit lovely ( haven't tried them on since last year ) so really pleased.

Lunch....... OH brought me up a few cups of tea and some bananas, I think he was hoping I'd stay upstairs so he would have the telly to himself lol

Dinner...... Chicken chow mein from a Chinese in town that does SW too, so syn free
Sugar free jelly fruit and muller Greek coconut

Syns for the day.......3 Bacardi & diet coke (12) 1 bag of Aldi crisps (5) muller Greek (0.5)

Just remembered now that I dident have my HEa or HEb. Oh well that will offset some of my Bacardi syns lol
Sorry forgot to photo my dinner so will share these instead

image-3733073792.jpg

image-1608432910.jpg

I only had half of my HexB too, easily forgotten sometimes.

Good news about your jeans! :) I have about 3 pairs unworn, they are another 2 sizes down. I was optimistic about getting into them when I brought them about 5 years ago! :D

Well let me start by saying I have been very bold Sunday and Monday
i have eaten bread sausages chocolate crisps etc. I had my weigh in last night and lost another half pound and I'm happy with that but this week I really need to get my act together before it all catches up with me
All my blood results came back good so I can't use that as an excuse for not losing weight next week
I'm thinking of doing a few success express days this week, lost 4 lb the last time so I'm gonna plan a few day now and pop out this morning to the veg shop to stock up.
Will have photos up this evening

Great diary - can I subscribe?
I'm doing mainly green and ee, but unfortunately struggle eating fruit and veg.
I can't wait to post photo's on my diary, but am too new at the mo.
Well done on your loss :)
Mandy x

Great diary - can I subscribe?
I'm doing mainly green and ee, but unfortunately struggle eating fruit and veg.
I can't wait to post photo's on my diary, but am too new at the mo.
Well done on your loss :)
Mandy x

Hello Mandy welcome on my slimmingworld journey, i think ive found your diary too. you should play some of the word games and that will soon get your posts up to 50

my friend's recently been diagnosed with thyroid troubles (underactive i think), she's put a lot of weight on and is sooooo low. it's a shame cos nothing she's tried has worked so far but i reckon she needs to wait until it's sorted out with her meds etc before she tries but really feel for her.
she was meant to be getting married but has called it all off cos she feels so sh1t about herself and how her pics etc would be. bl0ody shame :( if only it all sorted itself out as soon as the dr's prescribed tablets eh x

i really feel for your friend because ive gone through the same, you should get her to join slimmingworld with you if you can, even though her medicines may not be right now when the doc gets her sorted over the next few months she will know the plan and will see the weight coming off then much easier, one of the main symtoms now for her is depression and that will only go when she is correctly medicated too, she is lucky to have a good friend. tell her from me there is light at the end of the tunnel too

Evening all, day 1 success express done,

Breakfast...........HEb Porridge 35g, muller, fruit

Lunch............... HEb were the wee rolls with HEa of 40g low low cheese, 1tbsp extra light mayo,1 rocky road, strawberries and 1 banana

Dinner............... Chicken & veg & mushroom stirfry. Beef stock pot using 200 ml hot water, soy sauce & chilly is the sauce (all free) fruit & muller Greek coconut (0.5)

The rolls are from marks & spencer and 2 of them are a HEb they are small but when u have stuff in them they are grand

Syns........... 1 glass wine 1/4 bt (7) 1tbsp extra light mayo (0.5) rocky road (3)

i really feel for your friend because ive gone through the same, you should get her to join slimmingworld with you if you can, even though her medicines may not be right now when the doc gets her sorted over the next few months she will know the plan and will see the weight coming off then much easier, one of the main symtoms now for her is depression and that will only go when she is correctly medicated too, she is lucky to have a good friend. tell her from me there is light at the end of the tunnel too

aww thanks...i don't see her that often but she seems so low sometimes...and it's not surprising!
she recently joined ww online, stuck to it all week and lost 1lb then gained the following week. think she's been back to the dr's to tell them it's still not right but to be honest, i don't really know/understand too much about it.

one thing i do know though, is that i really feel for her.
she didn't want to goto class but asked me to get her a starter pack but don't think they'd just sell me one willy nilly...and i don't want to lie and say i've lost mines.
it's such a shame though...think she hates going out and about now in case she meets people who'll think "wooaw, she's piled on the weight" and of course it's not thru gorging on cakes and pies which we all wish we could do! lol x

Back