Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning, having breakfast now, a breadroll, tomato and onion omlette, olives a guacamole. It would have been perfect with rocket or spinach leaves but there isnt any.
The island is well known for its production of aloe vera. Ive got a really good organic skin cream and my skin feels great so i might get one to bring home. They also do aloe detox tablet's so going to have a look at them today. They might be worth it after this week, ill read them and see what exactly they do.

I know you can buy aloe vera gels to drink for detox or health benefits but this seems to be more like a quick laxative type detox. Not what id normally be thinking of at all but maybe good for after a week away.

Got lots of sun today, maybe too much so hope my skin is okay overnight. Darling husband is finally relaxed and looking up dates to come back.... In fact i have joined the loyalty club.

Morning all and last day here. Going to have breakfast and pack and then trying to decide what to do as check out at 12pm.and not leaving till after 4pm.

Im going to say something that might be offensive to some people, i dont mean it to i am just saying it as i see it.
I have never felt so pale, so young or so slim before. Surely thats a good thing, well no, its when i compare myself to the holiday makers around me. I would say 90% of those staying in this hotel are from UK. With one other irish couple, a few german and dutch and italian and some spanish. But most here flew in from manchester and leeds. Almost half are retired, at this time of the year that makes sense as its still term time. All seem to be sun worshippers, most people are a mahogany brown. I was conscious of my white pasty legs but now im almost proud of them. My nose and arms are now trying to glow pink but as soon as i get home that will go. What is a cause for concern though is the size of people. I was so self-conscious about my size and being in revealing clothes. I know i am fat, im obese and unfit. Well compared to a lot of people here im skinny. Very few of the females in particular under 40 are a regular weight, its actually scary how big the population has become. We constantly hear about an obesity crisis in Ireland but ive never seen so many overweight people together. And the males are either super fit or ginormous. One man fell the other night dancing and it took 4 staff to try to help him up.
Its been an eye opener for me, i dont want to have to waddle to a dinner table, to need help getting out of a sun lounger, to need a mobility scooter as im to big to walk. I bought some clothes, all one size, all baggy on me.. As the resort seems to cater for larger people.
Anyway, as i said. I didnt mean any offence. We are all here on minimins because we are overweight and want to tackle it, i just wonder how many of the younger people in particular here on holiday are concerned about their health because of their size.
Its been an eye opener for me and made me more determined to sort me out when i get home.

It's an accurate observation. I know we are all here to lose weight but many people don't do anything about it until its too late. I do see it at work with colleagues who can not walk to the toilets without getting out of breath. Scary.

I'm not in the least offended, what you said is exactly what motivates my weight loss campaign too! I don't want to be one of those old fat people who can do nothing because they are so obese.

I am going to make absolutely sure that I get some level of fitness and health back before I get much older.

We will rock this, my friends xx

Phew, glad you both took it that way. As a young person i was fit and healthy, due i suppose to lifestyle. We had basic meals and no snacks... Due mostly to financial reasons. Now i can buy wine and cake and chocolate if i want and thats were the problem starts. That and tv is more accessible so less likely to get up and go out.
Its taken me 30 years to get this bad, i just cant imagine what it would be like to be this size at age 20 and spend all my life carrying it around. As it is i am having a problem with my foot/ankle and for the first bit each morning am hobbling about. But i see that as something to fix, not something to accept and allow to get worse.
I aint putting the deposit on my mobility scooter just yet. :eek:

LOL you wait until you get to your 50s like me. My ankle suddenly went "ping" last night - for no reason - and then I had to spend the rest of the evening hobbling round!

I used to do loads of exercise but once I started working, I was spending all day sitting at a desk, I was much more sedentary and also there was the alcohol effect (as in, lots of it). Those three things took their toll gradually until I could no longer ignore that I was the size of a house! But at least it's coming off quicker than I put it on :).

I am in my 50s i dont feel it but i am. The older people here on holidays ate a proper size, its all the younger ones that are way too much overweight. Getting ready to leave and im very comfortable and not self conscious at all here in the hotel lobby in shorts. At home you wouldnt even catch me in my own garden in them.
Its everyones belly that is very big and going around in bikinis wearing huge bellies likeva badge of pride "it took money to put that there" sort of attitude.

Anyway, home tomorrow, well very late this evening and back to normality then.

Thanks got home st 3am. And 8am two baby boys came to see me for hugs and to check if i got presents.
Weighed in and Wii said last weigh in was 17 days. Ive put on 3.2kg which is a lot. But that was in heavy pyjamas and before id been to the bathroom so i reckon up to a kilo less. Will do an official weigh in and record it on Friday.
Off to town as daughter one needs shopping and so do i. Going to have as much veg as possible this week. And will check cost of pool membership while in town.

I start new job on Monday.
Been shopping and got lots of fresh veg. Starving so made some quick pea and spinach soup and having it with cracottes,ham, coleslaw, rocket and olives.
And ive done it, ive joined the pool again. Ive 6 months membership paid for. Hoping to go in this evening and oscar wants to come with me tomorrow. Swimsuit in the wash now.
Talking of swimming im still hoping to go away in June and need a new sunbathing suit, well a tankini. I have two very old ones but its time for them to go. But i need to buy a seperate top and botton and the top needs to be sold in bra sizes. Does anyone have any suggestions where to get one either online or high street, thanks.

Ah welcome back Tipp - holiday sounds fab, very relaxing and just what you needed by the sounds of things! I totally know what you mean about seeing lots of much bigger people especially younger people. When I started working in the NHS in 2006 we had one bariatric bed in the whole hospital and it was used occasionally when we had a patient over 25 stone. Now there are at least 2 in use at any one time in my unit alone and most of the time the patient is under 50 years of age. An obesity crisis is definitely in full hold in the UK at least, I'd say from my own observation when visiting Ireland isn't as bad. Young children are being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes now, a condition which is caused by lifestyle and diet. How terrifying is that? As someone who was overweight for most of my childhood and obese for most of my teens and 20's I am so relieved at the age of 30 to have finally sorted my life and weight out, otherwise would have been heading towards an early grave.

Fresh veg shop and pool membership sound great! Just think how much you could have lost by the time you go away in June. For swimsuits - I did see some nice ones in M&S last week, they sell tops in bra sizes. Simply be also had some nice ones last year but have not looked this year.

Enjoy your last couple of days off before Monday!

Thats great @Clareel thanks, i will try m and s and have a look at simply b.
Spent all day washing and drying clothes as the sun is out and its windy. Lots in now. But now am wrecked so wont make it to pool. Having some soup and then out for anice walk. I do have my swimbag sorted though and in the car and will go early in morning. And I've ordered two proper swimsuits from sports direct in an 18 and 16.

WTG Tipp, well done on joining the gym - i can't help on the swimsuit front I'm afraid, haven't even considered getting in one for years :classic_oops:.

I'm sure you'll find something really nice x

Had more soup and ham and cracottes for dinner with some hummous. Well its not really hummous, just chickpeas raw garlic and a bit of water whizzed up so fat free. Then a short 2km walk. Legs tired now

Ive just taken one of the aloe vera capsules. Ive also had a chocolate rice cake too. :oops: i cant swallow tablets so chewed it and it was extremely bitter and had a vile taste in my mouth. I tried to clear it with some nuts but that didnt work so had the rice cake.

Back