Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Well ive just put lindt no 4 in my mouth and have a small glass of red wine in front of me. Husband now has the box and the bottle.
Day one at work foodwise not quite as planned. Had thai curry with me but we got a long lunch so went out (too convenient). Was going to a noodle bar but passed a Chopped and decided to try ir. Ordered greens with tofu and lemon juice, but wheni tasted it with was too green. So ended up taking it away and going to the noodle bar anyway. Got rice noodles with chicken and satay sauce, ate half of it. Home now and had some of the planned lunch, the rest of the noodles and a bit more of the salad.
Tomorrow i find out what section i work in and what breaks i have.

Never heard of Chopped, but it sounds fab. As does the satay sauce, I love it and have been meaning to try to make some from PPB powder.

Good luck on your work 'assignment' today, hope it's a good one x

Ahh sorry Tipp, completely forgot you started the new job yesterday - hope everything went well! Will be good to find out a bit more today. I love a salad, but not a boring one, got to have some flavour and some fat (mayo or oil) to make it worth it for me.

Hope you have a good day!

Morning all, had no connection yesterday so quick update is food as planned, 24 lengths at pool, no wine and one lindt at bedtime. Be back at lunchtime for a chat.

Brilliant tipp, 24 lengths wow - this pool membership sounds great. Hope today is going well :classic_big_grin:

Actually getting to do work today and fingers crossed seem to be fitting in ok. Trialing different start and finish times this week trying to avoid traffic. This morning was 1 hour 20 minutes which is much too long. Will try an early start tomorrow and see how that is

Havent been counting my green tea and water intake this week just trying to get a routine. But i am beside the watercooler and within 60 seconds of a bathroom. So brough my water jar, my cup and posh french herbal tea with me

Im driving, trying to leave earlier today to miss the traffic.
Had my smoothie in the car yesterday and had trapped wind all day. Dont know if that was due to eating in the car, cos i changed from flax seed to chia seed or cos i didnt jiggle yesterday. Anywat had a jiggle now and trying to have smoothie before i head off.

Annoyed with myself, had a busy day yesterday and was exceptionally tired coming home. Didnt swim and didnt go back out to a meeting. Had stayed good all day with food but then had a glass of wine, then a glass of wine with two belvita biscuits then another with 2 slices toast butter and cheese. Was asleep by 10 but then tossing and turning allnight knowing i had to get up and drive. Weight a bit up not surprisingly a d will have to try really hard not to let the hunger monster get me today. And even harder to get to the pool and swim.
Had a jiggle and having my smoothie and trying to get on the road early

Just on my break now. And the good news for my weight is the canteen is up2 flights of stairs.
Starving so having my lunch now, so will be curious to see what im having for lunch.

Don't be too hard on yourself whilst you're getting into a routine with work tipp - you are doing well. I hope today has gone well at work, nearly the weekend - stay strong!

Ended up having chinese garlic chicken and rice for lunch. Had a choc rice cake at teabreak. As id had 2 meals i managed to go swimming and did 20 lenghts.
Not looking good for a loss tomorrow. But i am feeling a bit better from all the swimming.

Weight 81.3kg
BMI 35.66

Official weigh in day today and have managed to put on weight. Only 100g but not happy. Ive been bouncing up and down all week but i thought with the swimming i would have an overall loss. I actually feel smaller and never mind the swimming i am actually moving a lot more than i have been.

So need to be much more circumspect with food, particularly work lunches.

It might be your muscles holding onto water from the extra exercise? I really don't think you're eating too much.

And have you taken your measurements? The weight bounces around but measurements show shrinkage! :)

Thanks susie, will try to do some measurements this week. Im feeling a bit better from the swimming and am sleeping better. But my meals this week have had a lot of meats

Morning all. Just weighed in ans same as yesterday. For a weekend thats fine. Bought a chicken wrap on way to work yesterday and it didfor break and lunch. Then called husband on way home and planned to go out for dinner. But when i got home he was feeling naseous so stayed in. Made a cicktail with some lidle frozen fruit smoothie tropical mix and malibu...it was lovely then had a burger (meat only) wirh some hash browns. A glass of white wine then a vodka and tonic. However i had three bars of naughtiness. I found bars ive never seen beforw, hob nob bars. Milk chocolate and salted caramel ones. I had for dessert, one for greed and one cos i had an aloe tablet and needed something to get rid of the bitterness.
Will have egg and avocado on toast for breakfast and make soup for lunch.

So trying to identify exact cause of lack of loss last week. Food was far from perfect but i thought the swimming would show something. I think it may have been salt, i did have two meals out and probably had lots of salt.
Work routine seems to be better to be in early and swim coming home. It suits both the traffic and pool numbers. One morning tbe commute was 80 minutes which is much too long, i got it down to 45 minutes going in and 40 minutes coming home, much better. Also eating smoothie in the car doesnt suit, i had cramps and wind all day. As my morning and now is a bit longer i do need something substantial at break. I need to make some soups or something, i need to ensure im not having two full lunches each day.
In a routine of having green tea at my desk and water when at the public counters, and as previously said am close to bathroom (when i worked in airport i could often be a long distance from bathroom or not in a position to leave a counter and go so didnt drink water during work times).
I did have a smoothie for breakfast each day this week, jiggled 4 weekday mornings and swam three evenings.
Hoping to go for a walk today.
Didnt have official walk or swim yesterday but did wander around the shops and clocked up 7000 steps.
I have samsung health on my phine and love it fir actual waljs and cycling as its great with distances and times and in particular maps. But the step counter on it is crap. So put a new one in yesterday, old one says 500 steps and new one 7000

My last item from wish arrived yesterday. I had ordered 4 items for my holidays. The first arrived and was a long orange baggy dress, i took it up and it was perfect on holidays. The second was a baggy grey shirt, it looked like heavy linen but is very light cotton. I wore it to work yesterday with tights, my new sparkly boots and a sort of t-shirt material under dress. Was perfect and comfortable and "my style" was positively commented on. The third was sold as a dress but is the same lenght and light material as the grey shirt, its a blue colour and i feel a bit plain. So plan on sewing some beading onto it today to ommph it up a bit. The fourth arrived and i thought it was a grey knitted asymmetrical tunic, short at the front and ling at the back. Well it is bur not knitted, more t shirt mateial like. And as for the size well i look like im stuffed into a sausage skin and about to burst, not good at all. Its in the wash now anyway, if i lose all the weight i plan then it will be a perfect beach or pool dress.
Speaking of which my June holidays have been approved, so darling husband and myself have 2 weeks in Minorca in June. Daughter 2 hasnt got hers approved yet though. Her training is just finished and she doesnt have a line managet yet, fingers crossed it gets sorted soon as she has had a tough year and would really benefit from the break

Woohaye to the holiday in the sun - and all the new clothes arriving, they sound lovely.

A question re the smoothies, do you prefer them in the morning or would it be more filling (and less windy) to have an omelette with veg or something like that? Easy to make ahead of time and freeze.

Back