Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I'm feeling just the same Tipp, a longer commute is really exhausting me! I feel like I get home, feed the cats, feed me and then it's time for bed! And repeat.

It doesn't help that I am bored out of my skull at work - everyone here works maybe 30% of the time and then they just stretch the rest of the time out. I can't do this for too long, my brain will rot!

Are you doing marketing and publicity like you did in old job susie. This job is full on, not enough hours to do what i need to do but tbats cos im only learning now. Hopefullyi will improve

Are you doing marketing and publicity like you did in old job susie.

Yes hun, I have the grandiose title of Senior International Media Manager. I have been looking at jobs up Durham way and found one that's really interesting, will let you know how I get on. I think it might be time for me to move out of London, there are just so many people and it's really a young person's city.

It's always a bit daunting starting a new job but you will soon get the hang of it, and find shortcuts or workarounds that speed it up for you xx

Sorry to hear your Mam is in hospital Tipp, hopefully you can get some rest over the long weekend :)

Morning all. Havent been around much this week. Well tbe psdt few weeks. Still trying to settlle into new work routine. Body not sure what its doing really. Commute has me exhausted, i was trying to walk or swim everyday but some evenings stagger home is about all i can do.
Im losing track of foood and bad meals, i dont seem to get the odd few minutes in this job to keep track like i did in the old one. Before i was on the phone all the time and while it was only a 60 second break a few times a day you might get 3 or 4 minutes and i would catch my diary up. Now when im not at a public counter i have a mountain of paperwork. Office is also a bit stuffy so huge temtation to go out at lunch to relax, get air and unfortunately eat at one of the huge selection of local places.
Off for 4 days now for easter break. Plan is a swim and then go to Dublin to see Mam. Then tomorrow we have promised to take the boys out and keep them overnight. Id like to get some tidying of tbe gatden done this weekend too and maybe get some salads and spinach planted. And then maybe a swim.

Meant to say havent weighed in at all. Might do so on Sunday or Monday and then make a new plan and get some shopping and batch cooking done

Had a very quick 8 lengths swim yesterday. Did plan on more but got chatting to neighbour which made me late. Decided to give it a miss but had no hot water for a shower so had to go to pool to use showers anyway.
Drove to Dublin to see Mam and meet her medical team with Dad, sister and brother. They say she needs 24 hour medical care and suggested a care home. While we agreed about the 24 hour care thete were different opinions about how it should be done. Dad and i broke it to her and she was totally against it. She was having a good day and understanding everything, problem is tomorrow she wont even remember who.she is let alone do things like take meds or eat. Anyway dads a bit more relaxed as they have said they wont discharge her until a plan is in place.

Last edited:
After spending about 4 hours at hospital i stopped at a shopping centre to visit M & S. Well it was better than sittimg for hours in motorway traffic at 6pm on bank holiday weekend. Got a tankini, size 18 top and size 12 bottoms. The top is quite secure and has wide shoulder straps and high sides so no side boob. I also got a beach dress, sandals (well wide fitting mules really) a a pair of earrings. A total of €150, but i didnt even look at the cost, as long as the card worked i didnt care

Food wise i wasnt good. Had porridge smoothie for breakfast. A shop bought turmeric chicken and mango wrap while drving, a posh burger and chips after shopping before the drive home. The white wine and an M&S lemon and white choc tart when i got home after 10pm while watching the brand new Game of Thrones.
My legs are sore and feet very swollen after the drive. Going to have a jiggle tben smoothie for breakfast and then will make some soup. Laundry to do then into town for shopping and maybe a swim. Then i have tbe baby boys for the day and overnight.

Oh Tipp I'm sorry to hear about your mum, it's so difficult when a care home is suggested - no one really wants to go in them but sometimes they are the best option, especially if your mum needs care around the clock. Maybe if it's explained that she can take her things with her, so it's familiar? Although I'm sure you and the family have done that.

Like the shopping trip, and all your yummy food! I haven't seen GoT yet, saving it for tomorrow :).

Sorry to hear about your mum. So difficult isn't it. It's probably something that we will have to look into for my mum too at a later date. Heart breaking. Xx

So weight wise the news isnt good. An increase of 1kg in 2 weeks. I really have to stay on track, i lose focus so easy.
I need to make sure i record everything and not be temptedby conveinirnce foodsin tbe city.
Went for a short swim yesterday after work, only 20 lenghts but really trying to set a pattern of going regularly. Then husband suggested going out for dinner and i said no and had soup and crackers and egg mayo, the egg was not the bestchoice but was preoaredand needed to be used. And then we went for a walk. Slept well after that.
Ive to meeta friend today or tomorrow for lunch, need to suggest a deli where i can get a wrap.
Will try to drop in a few times today so you can all keep me focussed.
My food diary is back too.

It's easy to lose focus when your busy and all over the place.

Once you get back into a routine it should make things easier for you.:)

Hi Tipp, sorry you are struggling a bit at the moment, sounds like you have lots going on with your Mam being in hospital and new job. Hopefully everything will settle soon :)

Thanks

Just a very quick drop in to say hello.
Havent had a good week. Got a call at work last Friday to say my uncle had died in very tragic circumstances. So been up and down to Dublin to see family. Spent Saturday with Mam at hospital but we didnt tell her until yesterday before funeral as it wouldnt have been fair to leave her in a state with tne hospital staff. Home late last night and back to work today

Managed to fit in another job interview on Tuesday, seemed to go ok but hard to know as preparing for it wasnt exactly where my focus was.
Two days at work and then another bank holiday weekend. I hope to take the two babies out to the beach for a day rather than travel to Dublin again.
Normal service will be resumed then next week

Oh Tipp I'm so very sorry to hear about your uncle, how awful for you all.

Can you take more time off?

Big hugs xxx

Oh Tipp I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, sending hugs xxx

Back