Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Food not too bad today, and certainly a lot better than i thought it would be this morning when my plan was to have sausage rolls for breakfast. Had my usual smoothie but at 9am. I knew i would be starving all day so made some chunky soup, a teeny bit of leftover cooked mince, onions, peppers, courgette, carrot and tomato passatta. I had some at 11am. Then had more at 2pm wifh some chorizo, 2 cracottes and buffalo ricotta. Then at 6pm had 5 baked fishfingers. Just back from a walk and hoping i sleep tonight. Would like to go for a swim in the morning before work

Hi tipp😃

I’ve just been catching up and I’m so sorry you’ve been in so much pain. What an arse that consultant was too x

Thanks Charlotte.
Susie the first idea was sausage rolls but i avoided it.
Started today ok, brought my smoothie to work and had it at 10.30am
Lunch at 2 was chicken and cauliflower i had made and frozen. Was still hungry so had some peanuts too. Not home till 7pm and husband was just coming in too so went out for dinner. Tried to be keto so ordered 2 starters, chicken liver pate and deep fried brie. The pate was too salty and i had half a slice of toast. Obviously the brie was breaded and i had about 10 chips

Well Thursday went totally off plan. I was starving when i got up and decided to make my smoothie and have it in the car. But the universe had other ideas. My smoothie maker gotvstuck, i whizzed the smoothie together and now the lid is jammed. So ended up having toast with butter and ham. Then at tea break i had my lunch if thai chicken, at lunchtime went out and had salt and chilli chicken and fhen a danish pastry. At fea break a chocolate bun (that i had avoided all day Wednesday, i brought a box in fir everyone). Got home exhausted and had chips, a rasher and a sausage. The another slice of toast with hazlenut butter and 2 glasses red wine. Went to bed like a zombie but didnt sleep properly again.
No exercise yesterday but have almost caught up on work things.
So the anti inflammatories seem to be causing insomnia, hunger, diarhea and more worrying mouth ulcers. If they do that to my mouth what are they doing to my stomach. Hip did get sore yesterday towards the end of work. I will take todays dose and then go a week without them and see how it goes.

You could try swapping to an anti inflammatory cream or gel to see if that helps with the pain? X

Thanks Charlotte, i had thought of that but the pain is quite deep in the hip socket. But i have some to try

So foodwise yesterday was a washout, sort of a planned one though. Started with toast, then a sausage roll, cheese and crackers, a BLT on sourdough, chicken pizza and red wine. I was a total carb monster
LINE DRAWN
Today is a new day. Part of the problem was the lid got jammed on my smoothie maker with my smoothie in it. But husband seems to have sorted that for me. So i can go back to my breakfast smoothie again.
The routine of being back at work will help too.
I think ive exhausted the home made freezer meals so will do a big shop today and more batch cooking. Chicken, coconut milk, spinach, avocados and eggs will be high on the list.

So routine will change next week. Daughter 1 starting a temp contract near where i work for 13 weeks. So instead of a 7 am swim i will be dropping babies to creche and dropling her off. It will br great for her and great for the 2 boys but i just hate being tied to someone elses schedule. So fitting in exercise will become a bit difficult.

Quick question, has anyone had any side effects from taking glucosimine. Ive been blaming the anti inflammatories but started the glocosimine at the same time.

Quick question, has anyone had any side effects from taking glucosimine. Ive been blaming the anti inflammatories but started the glocosimine at the same time.
You might be right. I know there are some side effects including diarrhoea.....

Trying to be good today. Ive had a breakfast smoothie, brocolli soup, omlette and avocado and am craving biscuits or chocolate... But trying not to give in. And there is none in the house anyway 😔
I put garlic in the avocado and always crave sweet things after it, like im trying to remove the taste from my mouth.

Frozen blueberries did the trick.
Just in from a walk with husband and dog, only 2km as it was raining heavy.

A fearful weigh in this morning and weight is up. In total the past 3 weeks ive gained 2kg and bmi creeping back to 35.
Ive had no exercise at all, and my body knows it, im getting sluggish and heart getting a bit jittery. Ive stopped using the stairs at work and even not doing that is having an effect on my fitness levels.
Having some mint tea now and the going swimming and shopping. Need to refocus this week and be strictly keto. But try to get plant fats rather than animal fats i think. I still cant 100% trust the cholesterol issue.

Afternoon its after 1pm and just having breakfast now., a fat of almost 17 hours 😁Swam 24 lenghts and just back from shopping. Ive a chicken in the oven and having a sort of smoothie first just cos its how i take my supplements. So just frozen blueberries, a spoon if oats, ginger and tbe 2 glucosime, 1 b complex and 1 magnesium all whizzed with water.
The swim was nice but i did feel it on my lungs. My arms always feel good after swimming, like theyve shrunk already.
Will have the chicken when its cooked with sprouting broccoli, asparagus and some of the whizzed avocado from yesterday.
Also bought lots of chicken breast and will make some coconut curry and also almind and coconut goujons for lunches to freeze.

Well thats the plan, husban sitting beside me having a ham roll and a glass of wine.

Try not to be too hard on yourself about the gain. You've not had it easy for the last few weeks. Well done on the swim, I imagine that is a good exercise for your hip?

Love the sound of your chicken and veg! I could happily eat that right now.

Back