Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I can't wait to get below a BMI of 35! Somewhere I read that it's ideal to have a waist measurement that's 1/2 one's height. That would be 33 inches for me. I can't quite imagine that - so at the moment my target is 34 inch waist because that's another number the docs throw around.

Chasing you on down, Tip!

I can't wait to get below a BMI of 35! Somewhere I read that it's ideal to have a waist measurement that's 1/2 one's height. That would be 33 inches for me.
WTF😱 that means i need 75cm, not a hope. I thought under 100cm would be great😒

I'm so old I can't think in centimetres and kilos!

😊 Im so young its all i can do.

Nope seriously i live in a metric country.
But whatever way i measure it my waist is more than 2/3rds of my height which is very bad.

But i am trying

So looking at my stats in my profile and next mini goal is to get my loss to 10% of my body weight, that and my Cath Kidson flowery trousers

Interesting day food wise. Had my amoothie for breakfast at 11am as normal. Then i went out for lunch to a favourite cafe and ordered the lasagne, it comes with great chunky chips and 2 salads. I ate the lasagne, slowly, had one of the salads and about 6 chips and was totally full. I had no desire to eat the chips and felt stuffed.
Had the medical appointment this afternoon. Long drive and home after 7pm. I normally get takeaway on Fridays but had no desire to do so. I stopped at supermarket and bought steak burgers and eggs. But when i got home still wasnt hungry enough so ended up eating a slice of ham, some manchego chese, raw baby spinach leaves and a teeny bit of buffalo mozzarella. Meal done. I just didnt want anything heavy or carby and felt stuffed after the lasagne. The thought of eating a plate of pasta makes me want to gag.

Edit to add. I then went to mind the 2 boys for an hour and had great fun building a jurassic park with oscar with his plastic dinosaurs and all the pot plants. We turned off the lights and turned on a torch to explore. Left him at 11pm and then watched bbc4 music with a bottle of wine, 8 squares of fruit and nut chocolate and a slice of toast with butter. Im still counting it as one of my more successful Fridays.

Last edited:
Sounds like a brilliant Friday. Isn't the effect of low carb on the appetite fascinating?

Yes, and im finding my skin is great and my hair is growing so fast. But it does need planning and its not so conveinient for going out, well not for me as i dont particularly like meat or fish

Morning all, above is a link to a Keto Recipe Thread ive just set up in the Low Carb section. Please add your own links and recipes and suggestions to it. @AliGal you have been great at posting links and im randomly trying to find them, i thought it would be useful to keep them all together.

😜

Great idea!

Just in from a walk and having a weekend breakfast. On my plate was 2 good sausages, eggy bake and half avocado. Ive eaten the 2 sausages, half the egg and none of the avocado, just stuffed.
Plan is to have a raspberry and ginger smoothie later as i put my supplements into it and then roast chicken and brocolli for dinner about 5.30pm. Hopefully i get to go for a swim later

Had the swim as planned and cicken and veg for dinner. No wine today, though i was tempted to have a nice glass of chardonnay with dinner... I didnt😊.
Lunch packed for tomorrow, the egg bake i didnt eat for breakfast and leftover veg from dinner. I also have a greek salad.
After enjoying the lasagne in the cafe the other day i decided to make a keto version. I was trying to decide what to use instead of pasta and remembered the hairy bikers used leeks but i didnt fancy that. So i used sliced courgette. Layers of meat sauce, sliced courgette and grated cheddar and topped with grated cheddar and some buffalo mozzarella. It bubbled and crisped lovely i hope it tastes good, ill have it with some rocket. Its in the fridge, i always prefer lasagne the next day and i should get three portions to freeze too.

Just weighed in and am 100g up since Friday. Thats actually one of the most succesful weekends ive had.

Getting ready for work and cant decide what to wear.
More clothes fit me so i have more options.
I still have the last bit of a tan on my legs and want to make the most of it.
The weather is very changeable and its hard to know will it be wet or dry.
Im trying to make summer last longer so dont want to start wearing tights snd boots or even socks.
Hmm decisions 🤔

But good decisions :).

Love the sound of your courgette lasagne. You can alxo use the shiratake noodles too because they are zero carb - don't taste of anything but do bulk out a meal big time.

Back