Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Well we can give up on today Ieft my lunch at home, then had sausage rolls at work. Someone is leaving and we tend ti have sausage roll rather than cake. Eating lunch now and i went for a 4 in 1. Chinese chicken, rice, chips and curry sauce.
And id say maybe even a scone later.

Sausage rolls mmmm! It's easily done when prepared food gets left behind or doesn't work out - not to worry hun, just enjoy and start afresh tomorrow.

Are you feeling better now?

I have a cold, a snotty, snively, sore throat, runny eye cold. Head feels like a ball of wool. Food went everywhere yesterday and last night. And ive started this morning with a slice of toast. Ive packed tissues and lemsip for work and need to find some throat pastilles.

Oh no you poor thing! Can you not take the day off? If not I hope you get through the day ok and then have a good night's healing sleep x

Good morning... Again. Some of you may have noticed i was here around 3am😱.
My cold was bad, i was coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose. And my hip has been quite bad so i ended up getting up for paracetamol, strepsils and water. I must have had about 1L water through the night.
Yestetday was a food mountain disaster, we had 3 parties a work. So my food for the day was a scone, cheesecake, chicken and rice, kit kat, chocolate, crisps, lasagne and a chocolate doughnut. I had wine at home and brought cheesecake and doughnuts home.

No more

Thats it, i need a good week. Im beginning to visibly see the weight loss and want more. I dont want it to start creeping up again. I just dont think i can physically carry any more weight around.

Thinking of soup for today, something brothy with a bit of a chilli and garlic kick.

Ooh yes the chilli should help your cold, sorry to hear it's still with you BTW. I am a massive fan of turmeric and oregano oil tablets, haven't had a proper cold for ages because I've been taking them every day faithfully.

And re the work parties, what about taking some bags of nuts and 85% chocolate, so you can avoid some or all of the temptations? Both Sainsburys and Tesco do lovely ones that won't break the bank (like Lindt and Montezuma). the Sainsburys ones come in individual bars, about 4g carbs a bar.

Hope you feel better today x

Sorry you’re not feeling well tipp. Hope it clears up quickly for you hun x

Thanks Charlotte, its only a cold and should be gone by Monday.

Good detective work. Are you having enough water, salt and good fats?

I've read some interesting research that our fat incorporates the drugs, pollutants etc we had when we laid the fat down. I know it's affected my OH who has been ill since 2006. I think I had a good menopause because I had estrogen in my fats.

So maybe yr infection is related to getting rid of weight?

Thanks Ali, thats very interesting.

Yesterday wasnt too bad. An omlette and soup for breakfast, more soup and ham and cracottes for lunch, chicken, avocado and rocket for dinner. 4 squares of hazlenut chocolate in the afternoon and a 3km walk. Dinner was later than plannes at 8pm, i just lost track of time. I also wasnt hugely hungry but was hoping to not have breakfast today.
Plan was to go for a swim at 10am.and go shopping then with husband and have lunch out. But i think my cold is still a bit too much to make swimming practical.

Yes - too soon to swim. Recover first. Have a great day.

Going out shopping today with husband and will have lunch out. Need to buy new runners.
Weight up this morning but already have meals planned for the week. Ive a roasted chicken in the fridge and thats dinner today with soup and lunch tomorrow as a salad with avocado and peanuts. I made another lasagne, 5 portions packed up and ive enough lunches frozen for 2 work weeks and dinners this week. Ive enough in stock for my morning smoothies so technically dont need to do any food shopping for at least 10 days except maybe lettuce and almond milk

Reatail therapy was worth it. 🤓
Head still a bit clogged and eyes sore but nit too bad. Lunch out yesterday, had two starters, goats cheese salad and then meatballs. But i did have bread. Got home and found a bottle of wine and a box of pringles in the doorstep, so that became dinner😳

Wont get to leave work till after 5.30. Think its soup, ham and cheese for dinner then hoping for a walk.
Will brave the scales tomorrow. Was just too tired today and a bit late. Was more important to make my smoothie than weigh in.
I need to hide the Pringles. I never buy them but bag was left on doorstep as a thank you for a favour i did someone last week, i mean how could i avoid them🙄

Tip. Oh Tip. The only thing to do with a gift of Pringles is give them away immediately! "While many might identify Pringles as crisps, the product contains just 42pc potato, and is mostly made up of wheat starch, sunflower oil, maize oil and rice flour, ingredients which affect the brain in a similar way to alcohol or drugs."

Source: https://www.independent.ie/life/foo...es-that-makes-them-so-addictive-31462936.html

They appear to be gone now Ali, they caught me at a tired moment😴.

Had a walk after work and dinner brcame the soup, slice ham, some avocado and 2 cracottes
Wore my new runners out for the walk and my legs need to adjust to them, they certainly appear to have worked my calves hard.

They are pesky like that, those Pringles....

Back