Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Dinner was the planned fishfingers with brocolli and kale. I had half glass red wine a 5 squares chocolate today. And i did have some of the emergency cheese. Tomorrow planning on no breakfast before i leave and my smoothie about 10.30. Then meeting some colleagues for lunch.

Hip is bad, it feels like its grinding. Fingers crossed i get called soon. I didnt expect to wait so long.

Morning all, well stayed ok yesterday and have a plan for today which is always good. Have my smoothie ready for work break which will give me a 15 hour fast. Its blueberries, flaxseed, almonds and cacoa today whizzed with water. Added vit b, magnesium and glucosimine. Going out with some collegues and hope to have quiche and salad. Then have some of my curry coconut chicken goujons out of the freezer for dinner with broccolli and avocado. I have 4 squares of chocolate left and some peanuts packed for 5pm munchies as i may need to work late

When you mentioned grinding I did think it might be arthritis related, that's how my knees started - but might just be a bit of cartilage wearing thin. Let's hope you get to see the doc soon - sounds like you need an x-ray to me.

Yesterday food wise was sort of ok, went as planned until the evening when i had a packet of hula hoops with some wine.

Thanks Susie, ive had an x ray and an mri, but 2 different opinions on the issue. Ive got my appointment for in 2 weeks so hope i get an answer.

Hoping for a short day at work today and coming home early to TV and maybe fish and chips.
Tomorrow is a day of cleaning and then a party on Sunday for Oscar. I now have 3 rooms rearranged in the house and finally getting it sorted.

Hi both. Party was fun and yes im exhausted. By 4pm i had to lay down on couch as i couldnt sit or stand anymore.
I tried hard to get back on track today, it would have been so easy to have a total carb and sugar fest. Been up since sbout 5am. Had smoothie at about 8am, nuts, berries, flax seed and cacoa. Then some home made spinach soup. Scrambled egg, ham and avocado. Then a short 2km walk with husband, it was painful but i needed the air. Then i had a slice of pumpkin pie, daughter made it yesterday and i hadn't tasted it at all. The dinner at 5pm was 4 fishfingers and some kale. Wrecked now and hoping to sleep well.

Last edited:
Morning all, i definitly trying to stay focussed today. Smoothie made for breakfast but hoping to wait until 10am at work to have it. That will give me a 16 hour fast. I have homemade chicken and veg curry for lunch and some spinach and chorizo soup in case i get 4pm munchies or need something warm for breakfast.
Tomorrow will be planned off plan as im going out with 2 collegues, our halloween get together. A two hour lunch then out for drinks after. Ive arranged a lift in and a lift home. I had arranged to take Thursday off but think ill have to do it now as i need the time next week for my hip appointment. Im on probation and have reached my quota of certified sick days so have to take it on my own time.

Weight wise, on Saturday i was 78.7kg. At the beginning of Sept i was 76.2kg, thats an increase of 2.5kg. But weighed in this morning at 78.3kg so going the right direction again. I started the year at 84.2kg so have been moving in the right direction... But slowly, i struggle and fall and struggle and fall and struggle and fall. I find it hard to stay on track for more than two weeks. And allow myself a treat at the weekend but then end up having all that i didnt have during the week.
I know the doctor is going to say my weight is contributing to my hip so would live to get a nice drop this week before i see him.

So as usual you might hear from me a few times today as i plan to pick up the phone and post wjen chocolate toast or wine call me.

Ive also decided to read Jason Fungs The Obesity Code again to refocus me.

... have been moving in the right direction... But slowly, i struggle and fall and struggle and fall and struggle and fall. I find it hard to stay on track for more than two weeks. And allow myself a treat at the weekend but then end up having all that i didnt have during the week.

Oh hun we're all the same - I can focus for a few days at a time but then come a cropper - whether it's a horrible home made meal that sends me straight into the warm embrace of sausage rolls from the van that visits work, to "I can't be a***ed cooking" and pick up cod and chips on the way home! I'm struggling more than ever with the impact of weight on my body - but I can't seem to help myself...I think the only thing that helps me is just ignoring the ups and downs and trying to focus on the long term plan - which you're winning, you're down by a huge amount from the beginning of the year, and that's something to really celebrate xxx

Sorry to hear that Tipp - but plans sound good.

Does your work count hospital appointments towards sickness for targets? That seems very unfair, it's not like you can get hospital appointments around working hours.

I think there will always be slips for everyone but looking at the overall trend - which is definitely downwards for you!

Doing ok so far today. Smoothie at 11 so a 17 hour fast. Lunch was the curry at 1pm. Didnt have the soup but did have some peanuts. Just had the soup now, some pickled cabbage, green bean salad and a piece of cheese. Walked to and from the car today just.

@snowbryneich re the appointment, technically yes i can leave for a scheduled medical appointment. But im still on probation and dont want to draw HRs attention to the fact i still have an issue.

Anyway, a cup if tea and a teeny bit of chocolate ans thats me for today

Down 800g overnight. That puts me back at beginning Octobers weight but not near beginning Septembers. Going out today, can be focussed for breakfast and lunch but will be having drinks after. Have soup out for dinner this evening

Ah i see but still bitter pill to swallow especially when you are dealing with different opinions as you aren't getting the answers. Food sounds good. I hadn't though about pickled cabbage on low carb so will definitely pick some up

Im sure one of the keto books suggested vinegar and fermented foods. To be honest i dont know if the cabbage was pickled or fermented but it was grand.

Had fish and chips and salad for lunch. I had all the salad and plan was to eat the fish without the batter and no chips. But well i couldnt actually find any fish in the batter and it was very thick. So ended up just nibbling the chips. Out now and on wine number 3.

But have to say my head is finally back in the right place and im ready to get stuck into dieting for the next few weeks anyway. And once i see loses it motivates me to keep going.

Enjoy the wine!

Meant to say, about your hip, a woman at work who has had a full on op on her ankle, gave me one of her pain pads - it's Lidocaine 5%, you need a prescription (here) for it but I put one on my right knee and while it didn't eradicate the pain, it certainly made moving about a lot more comfortable. Just a thought.

Thanks Susie, will see what the doc says.

Having soup for breakfast. Was out and had about a bucket of wine. Came home at 9.30pm and went straight to bed so havent actually eaten since the abandoned fish at lunch yesterday. Having the soup, its the last of the spinach and chorizo. Will make a smoothie and have it at my usual 11am.

Back