Tipperary wobbles into 2024

What a lovely sleep that sounds though (even though you've been awake since silly o'clock!) - a roaring fire, some red wine, fish and chips - I bet it was just what you needed!

Yep, I decided it was my weekend ad I was all alone with nothing that had to be done
Have Oscar this weekend so no free time at all.

Just tried the Zumba...I'm really not made for dancing and don't have any Latin rhythm. Put on basic steps to try them, my hips don't wiggle. And then a low intensity single song which as it turned out was the warm up....well I'm warm now but that was enough for me.

Just tried the Zumba...I'm really not made for dancing and don't have any Latin rhythm. Put on basic steps to try them, my hips don't wiggle. And then a low intensity single song which as it turned out was the warm up....well I'm warm now but that was enough for me.

Thats me and yoga. I do the warm up and think thats it.:classic_smile:

Evening with red wine and fish and chips sounds lovely and just what you needed after everything that has happened recently. I am exactly the same, no rhythm and can't dance to save my life. Hope you are having a good day Tipp :)

Just a quick pop in to say hello.
Head and body and diet not in a good place this week. So no weigh ins, I've had no exercise and been eating lots of carbs.
Re work and garden and not knowing if husband's illness is short or long term I feel like I am in limbo.
So trying to clear my head and make some decisions and hopefully get things back on track.

Tippy all you can do is manage it day by day and try not to drive yourself mad.

Leave any guilt outside, hun - you've got so much going on already, you don't need that. Just focus on getting past this patch and then you can get back into your healthy eating plan xxx

Thanks. The whole family going out tonight for dinner so.hopefully we will all enjoy that.
I now really need to get a full time job as we have no financial.security at all but starting something new at 50 is not an appealing prospect to an employer. And I have really felt that in the last three interviews I went for. All three positions went to younger people.
I have two applications in process with the HSE (our version of NHS) and they can't judge on age but the process is taking forever...application went in Jan 2017 and they are only at interview stage next month and positions may not be offered until 2019. I don't even know if I have made it to the interview stage yet.
I've applied for the temporary job I did last year in the local government office, I hated it but it is work and money. The fact I have done it before should move me up the list a bit and if offered a contract it could be 13 weeks instead of 8.

Anyway I am in my usual winter blues and have decided Friday will be sunny and winter banished and all will be good.

The Olympics though have also upset any schedule I had as I HAVE to watch them. So sitting all day in front of the TV knitting. At least the new baby will be well dressed, I have 5 newborn cardigans finished already. I'm using whatever yarn I have so two of them are pink. If baby is a boy I will just leave the pink ones with the baby unit in the hospital, they have lots of hats but are always looking for small cardigans.

Anyway, roll on the end of winter.

Money worries are horrible - but you're a very resourceful lady, so I'm sure something will come up soon. Amazed by the slowness of the HSE though, that's crazy! What about applying directly to some local councils?

Enjoy the Olympics. A woman at work was talking about it this morning and asked me if i was watching it. When I replied that i didn't have a TV, she looked aghast! :D :D

I sometimes wish I didn't have a TV and during the summer I watch very little but certain things I would miss, occasional things like the Olympics.

Just in from a walk, just 3.75km at a slow pace but it was snowing.
Having a "prep" day today and promising myself to get properly back on track tomorrow.

Welcome to Operation Spring Clean.
Porridge is cooking and as well as pears and berries I am adding flaxseed. My skin and in particular my eyes have gone very dry and my lips about to crack. Thats usually a sign that not just lack of water but a lack of essential oils.
I did decree that today would be sunny and winter over. Well its not quite sunny but also its not wet, not windy and not snowing...so one of those days where we have no weather.
Today's tea is the very last of my precious green tea with rose. I then have green tea with strawberries but I can't imagine liking that ad I'm not keen on strawberries but will give it a try.
Will get out for a walk, not sure how far yet but will do it early enough today.
Nothing planned for the weekend so it should be easy enough to stay on track.
Have a good day everyone.

6km walk today. Tired after it but glad I did it.
Had chicken Kiev for lunch, not ideal but no one else was going to eat it and it was going to go off. An aubergine was looking miserable so I baked it in the oven with some garlic and then pureed it with some olive oil and have an aubergine dip/paste, tastes great and a good alternative to chuntneys with sugar or mayonaisse or ketchup.
Also made soup, spicey carrot and tomato.
Then I took two over ripe frozen bananas out of the freezer to try take two of the banana and oat cookies, much better this time.

3oz porridge oats blitzed
Mixed with 1oz porridge oats and 1 oz coconut.
Puree 2 bananas and 1 pear
Mix all together with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp cacoa powder.
Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet ( I got 10) and bake 180 C for about 15 minutes.

I have 7 bagged and in the freezer and just eaten one, they taste good. Certainly fine with some tea, more the texture of a nakd bar than a cookie.

Morning, disturbed nights sleep but hopefully its just my body adjusting to changes. Planning on a weigh in this morning and really dreading it...I am surely way up on last one.
I have two job applications to fill in today, one for a horrible job 30 minutes away and one for a lovely job 90 minutes away. I emailed a company last week about a vacancy and they sent me back an application form and details of two other suitable positions. I applied for all three and am annoyed that all three were readvertised again yesterday.
Did lots of shopping yesterday and am stocked up on lots of fresh veg, bottled water, vitamins, herbal tea and one or two frozen emergency light or vegan prepared foods. ALDI have a new range, possibly a rip-off of SW (can't remember the name).

Had a pitta bread with salad leaves, a grated carrot, some aubergine paste and two vegan sausages last night for dinner. One sausage would have been plenty and there must have been a huge amount of garlic paste in the aubergine as I can still taste it.

Great that you've got more jobs to apply for, one of them will be right for you. Don't fret about the other lot re-advertising those other jobs - it can often just mean that they had an ad already booked, or need more people to do a shortlist.

The cookies sound lush! Another way i use frozen banana is for frozen yogurt - can you get vegan yogurt?

Yes you can get alpro yogurt substitutes but I don't like yougurt anyway so don't miss it. I'm not mad about bananas either but like them cooked in things.
Weigh in didn't happen. I did try but the Wii balance board wasn't working. I'm hoping its just that it needs batteries so will get some later and see. If not I will have to search the house for the scales, it only gets used for weighing luggage.
Just in from a very mucky walk, the farmers all seem to be out spreading slurry but as the fields are still so wet the roads are covered in muck. It makes the roads very slippy to walk on.

Back