Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hi all, still here and catching up on everyone's weekend. Yes, I went to work today but yes I am still sick. Voice totally gone and can just whisper, head still full of snot and cough is worse. We have changed start and finish times tomorrow to earlier so i might make it to the GP as I think now I need antibiotics, if not will have to call after hours GP as um really not improving. I keep thinking tomorrow I will be fine but am not.
Not the slightest bit worried about diet right now, just keep eating as I seem to need it. In a classroom again for the week and I'm sure by the end of it everyone will have caught this bug.

Hope you make it to the GP tomorrow Tippy and glad that you're putting your notice in soon and getting a bit of time before starting new job..you have certainly slogged for your money at this one.
Cheers for the Ryan Air tips😺 I didn't know you could buy priority boarding at the airport. I always travel that way as I hate the mad dash to get your bag in the locker I didn't realise they will always take your bag without it..easy to forget having an iPad in it if not expecting them to take it! Do you know if Easyjet does the same? X

Sorry no idea about easyjer at all.
Up and eating toast and strawberry jam, something I don't think I've had in about a year. Sandwiches made for lunch and a flask of mint tea. I'm sure if I had two days rest I could shake this off but whatever bug it is is now running quickly through everyone at work, dropping like flies they are. As I'm not front line this week and don't have to talk I'm still going in.

Daughter one went for scan today and knows what rhe baby is but won't tell me. Daughter two also knows and baby daddy will know later. I'm going to have to tickle it out of one of thwm

Good luck on dragging the truth out of your daughters - Mums have that special look that makes a daughter fold :).

Hope you get through work ok, sounds like you need a good rest! xxx

Morning all, still exhausted as usual but not in work until lunchtime so staying in bed while I can. I've done nothing at all good about diet or exercise lately. Cold cough and snot finally gone but still a little hoarse. Been eating crap and for some reason eating a lot of sugar, and I can really feel the effects of it, I seem to be buzzing. I can't sleep and toss and turn all night. Will try to reduce that today. Its the funny erratic hours at work, last week I was in training and in early with no breakfast and a strict 10 minute break, it only gave me time for a bottle of water and my planned oat bar but soon led to a chocolate bar, the room became full of chocolate and crisps and sweets. It means I am now qualified to work for one of the more prestige airlines. But then I sent an email giving my notice yesterday evening, got no reply yet so wondering what conversations will be had when I go in today. Two weeks notice given then a few days off before I commit to public service for a year.
Haven't weighed myself, I could do that this morning. I don't feel any different but abdomen is bigger, I wear trousers and a waistcoat and look a little like Churchill in it, that sort of roundy shape.
I did get to.take Oscar for a short walk yesterday with the dog and feel.good about that but I.really want to fit some swimming in as its my back and arms and neck that get fat quickly too, I can feel my neck and boobs choking me at night.
Long daybat work today, over 9 hours and that's only if flight isn't delayed and then off tomorrow.
Getting some work.done on the garden, the volunteers aren't the best but the worst of the weeds are gone and we can now sit out in it and have done the past few days. I have some tomatoes and courgettes planted in the tunnel and Oscar has his own bit too.
If I'm brave enough to weigh in I will be back.
Fingers crossed for me that backlash from my resignation isn't too bad today.

Don't worry about what the say about you leaving. You got to do whats right for you not them. You will be able to get back into a better routine when you start your other job.:)

As it turned out everyone has been very nice about it and wishes me well so hasn't been a bad day after all.

I'm glad everyone was nice about you handing in your resignation. You had to do what's right for you! Hopefully once your job situation calms down it will be easier to get back on track with your food.

Thanks everyone.
Another late night last night and it was a long day so I have very sore feet and legs now. I have a day off and it looks like its going to be another hot one. The two volunteers will be leaving tomorrow so I need to check what time I am at work, if it'd late enough we might have a small party for them in the garden tonight, maybe make your own pizza on the outdoor grill.
So now that everyone knows I am leaving they are coming up with suggestions for me for a holiday, I have told them I am taking a week off in between. One good suggestion is we fly to Bristol and as its only new flights are cheap, only €10. So option one is to find another flight from there to the sun and option 2 is to explore Cornwall and Dorset and Devon which is somewhere I've always wanted to go.
.....Any suggestions, Eden project and something River Cottagey are top of my list. Problem though would be renting a car, I have a debit card only. But am going to talk to rental companies at work and see do they have any options for me, again any ideas if any of you have done this before.

Cornwall, Devon and Dorset are all beautiful.

If you choose Cornwall, Padstow and the surrounding area is definitely worth a visit. Lots of beaches, places to walk etc. Or, if you don't want to travel as far, Brixham in Devon is lovely. It's a fishing village and the harbour is gorgeous. Very hilly though. Dorset has most of the Jurassic coast, great for walks.

Can't go wrong with any of those 3 counties, they are all beautiful in their own way.

Well done on giving notice - they can't argue with the fact that you need steadier hours, etc.

I love Bude on the Cornwall/Devon border - a great base to explore, like Tintagel, and so on. I also love Dorset, spent a lovely weekend staying in Bridport and pootling around Lyme Regis, etc.

Thanks, I really need to get away especially with knowing that I will be in an office then for a year and have been told not able tontake s cent time off until next spring.
In bed and really tited , especially my legs. My feet and ankles are so swollen and sore that even standing is painful. I have been wearing travel.socks to work but didn't this morning and it really hurts. I started on a new airline that had its inaugural flight this morning and it was so busy, we had bands and champagne, ministers and ammbasadors, photographers and champagne...but through all of this we were still working and all the partying delayed us and made it more difficult. I have four more flights with that airline to do next week, I need to sneak a look on board, the plane is only two weeks old.
Food and wine and exercise, don't even ask. I was so sore I couldn't even bring Oscar out today. I was off yesterday though and we went to visit a stone circle and then a forest and had a nice day out. We brought sandwiches and stopped by the lake for ice cream. We are hoping to go to the zoo next week (this week, next week, I've list track of days...I thought today was Monday)

Oh hun those legs sound painful!

I know you're not massively happy about the office job but at least you'll not be on your feet all the time!

But no holiday until next Spring? That doesn't sound legal!

I'm sure I will get days off and then time at christmas but we were planning a two week sun holiday in January and they can't give me that.

Morning again. Just had three very long days, one particularly rough with a very delayed flight and what felt like " locked into a sauna" with 300 very tired, hot and thirsty passengers for over 4 hours while engineers tired to fix the plane. I was soaking wet from sweat and feet got so bad that I was walking around in my socks some of the time. Babies crying, children running around and old people asleep on the floor, all from the middle and far east so very little English...not a fun day.
Only 3 days left at work and I think they are short days. And I'm now "senior" enough to be training new staff. Its a crazy place and i will miss it, if it was closer to home or the pay was better I would stay.
Yesterday was staff discount day in the duty free and as its my last I treated myself. The smell and heat of the last few days must have had an impact as I bought a really nice perfume, a room scent diffuser and a moisturiser
So I have an embarrassing question to ask...chaffing from heat. It has been so hot here and getting very sweaty at work. One of my male colleagues yesterday said he was afraid to stand up as he felt he was sitting in a puddle. Im the same and now am wearing cotton chino type trousers instead of my uniform ones which are acrylic mix. But still chaffing around panty line on long days. I'm showering every morning and in the evening if I can manage it, using talc and wearing cotton only but on long days nothing helps. So any suggestions, this has only once happened before and that's cos I was wearing swim togs and a wet suit and was damp for two days at a kayaking course.
Uniform on the line drying and about to do all the bed linen. Wearing baggy cotton pyjama shorts and about to go and water the garden
No plans for food today
Have a good one all.

Wow that flight must have been awful with such a long wait! Well done for keeping your cool, so to speak :).

Re chaffing, i try and wear quite baggy non fitted stuff, and when it's really hot I wear knickers that are like shorts, really helps me.

Back