Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Good to see you back on here. Can't believe you have to ask to go to the bathroom. That's really bad. My work does monitor breaks but only in that we don't go for ages as we have a 10% break allowance. I never use all of it. Has your workplace got a union? Xx

Oh gosh Tipp work situation sounds a bit crap. Hopefully will be better once you're busier but still silly that you can't get a drink / go for a wee when you want. Hope everything okay otherwise :)

Gosh, you are all full of sympathy, thanks. So just to clarify, I don't actually HAVE to ask to go to the bathroom but I do have to log off the system and that is monitored. So its as easy to say to a supervisor that you are running to the bathroom rather than explain all the log offs later. And its harder to nip out and make some tea.

I'm heading into my winter slump, it doesn't normally happen until January but that's after a summer off, a nice holiday away and a few months looking forward to Christmas. Well I've had no summer off at all, no holiday and will only have the two days off for Christmas so no proper break. So right now I seem to be in a cycle of work, eat, sleep and that's it.

Hi all, above post was actual written a few days ago but for some reason didn't upload.

I know the feeling about the winter slump - it's the getting dark early thing that makes me feel oooph.

We were laughing in class that it was just too soon for soup days!

Soup days, I've been too lazy. Its been beans on toast for me.

OK, so trying to put my positive head on today. I really do seem to have fallen into a slump and bad habits...no exercise, wine, sugar, crisps, chocolate. So easy to fall back into. I really do feel better when I have no sugar so my focus for next few fays is that, no sugar, no wine and some exercise. I had to drag myself out last night for a walk but thankfully got to go at my own pace ad Oscar decided to stay at home and play in the bath.
Another day is the classroom again, days like this seem to need cake and chocolate more. I have a large bar of Aero and a pack of cantucini in my drawer, I need to get rid of them quick.

Sorry you are struggling Tipp - I agree it's the cold weather and dark evenings do not help. Cut out that sugar you will feel much better/ Do you have a slow cooker you can just throw everything in for a stew / soup? I have cracked mine out this week, brilliant when you are feeling too lazy to cook (me most of the time :classic_roll_eyes:).

Phone left at work all night and battery going now so will catch up.this evening. No sugar or wine two days now and went for cycle last night and jiggle this morning. Food not too bad, will update later

Hi Tipp, how are you? Well done on no wine or sugar for 2 days!

Hope you've had a good weekend Tipp :)

Hi all,sorry been.busy busy busy with work and no internet at home. Will try to get back later.

Sorry, days just flying by. I've taken today off as my throat is sore and I can't stop sneezing. It feels more like hayfever than a cold but can't figure out what would cause this at this time of year. It could just be a cold or could be dust in the office.
Almost all of us newbies have fallen prey to a bug since starting, I reckon we just needed time to build up immunity to so many people.

So its Christmas list time in our house. Each year we write a list of things we would like, big and small, things you would like and tend not to buy for yourself. So far I've asked for a Paul Weller CD, a Tom Odell CD, two Prue Leigh books ( I ask for them every year but never get them, they've been reprinted now due to Bakeoff), a decent tablet for watching TV and photo editing and a hard drive. So, I'm looking for suggestions from you all for things to help with weight loss and exercise...any ideas at all.

Poo on the sore throat - if you're all getting it, sounds like dust in the office?

But what a fab Xmas list! What about an Instant pot, unless you have one already? You've got the slow cooker function plus the pressure cooker, can make soups, yogurt, etc.

Ohh Christmas present time how exciting :classic_big_grin: I would definitely recommend a fitbit if you haven't got one, wouldn't be without mine.

Back