Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Yep, easier to have lots of water at the weekend than at work. Ive just bought some bottled water, 2 litre ones so it is easier to measure what i drink. Had lots of green tea this morning and definitely peed more than i drank so hopingit was water retention due to salt in the pot noodle.
Lunch ended up being the soup and two slices corn bread toasted with hummus and grilled tomatoes, rocket and beetroot salad

Dinner was lovely. Some quorn mince dry fried with onions and chilli flakes and the last bit of corn salsa thrown in. Made some cauliflower puree with nutritional yeast thrown in to try to give it a cheesy flavour. Put some of the puree on lettuce boats, then the quorn and sprinkled with peanuts and scallions. Had some reheated roast potato, it was lovely. Have some left for lunch ay work tomorrow

Got inspired by a cookery programme on Netflix, Cook Your Ass Off. Someone with a specific dietary need challenges three chefs to remake their favourite meals healthily. They use lots of nutritional yeast, chia seeds, quinoa and vegetable spaghettis.
So i bought some of the yeast to cheese things up. And got chia seeds to see if i could make something sweet and gloopy. My first attempt was chia seed with frozen berries and some almond milk. Its still sitting in the fridge going gloopy but the frozen berries a bit bitter, well to be honest i dont like mixed berries anyway.
Recipe suggestions for using the yeast or seeds would be great.

Ok just weighed in a 900g of the 1kg gone. Its still a fight every week just to lose the weekend gain. And i didnt think i was too overboard this weekend. Its hard to get the exercise i want with my feet at rhe moment. I should get back to the pool but can this week as ive another interview on Saturday and am getting my hair done on Tuesday. That means i need the money for my hair and dont want to swim as the pool will wash some of the new colour out.

Yep re netflix program, it was a bit too American and therefore too prescribed or cookie cutter but it was interesting to see new healthy food products and comparing nutritional values.
Home and just had another jiggle and dinner. Got caught up late at work so didnt get to go for a walk so had a jiggle instead.
Will be a long week as have interview on Saturday so clean and early night on Friday. It feels lime i have an interview or application every week and all i want is too stay in my current job

Has it gone quiet around here.
Anyway, up a bit late this morning so no time for my planned walk so had a jiggle. Then short 2km.walk at lunch as i knew no time this evening. At hairdressers now and hope he hurrys up cos its started to snow and on very rural roads.
Smoothie for breakfast, breakfast burrito with veggan sausage and salsa at break then got a vegan wrap and had half at lunch and rest at 4pm as it will be late before i get home

Your food sounds nice. Hope you get home safely with the snow. We still wait for snow which meant to have started in the afternoon. X

My usual porridge breakfast smoothie. So oats, pears, cacoa, and usually flaxseed but ive run out so this morning it was chia seed. With cinnamon and then some supplements in it of mag, vit b, milk thistle and glucosimine.
Was after 9 when i got home and was hungry. So had 1/2 iceland vegan pizza with an egg on top. And then i had 1 small very nice glass of red wine, one pack of pea protein crisps and 1 finger of kitkat. It was a tough drive home. A slight fall of snow had made the roads very slippy so all were driving very slow. But it was an adventure to get get out of hairdressers house. His driveway is a very steep hill up to the house. I decided to park at the bottom in case the snow was slippy coming out. Well the teeny bit of snow would have been ok in itself but it froze. So i could even walk down the hill, it was too slippy. So he had to drive me down the hill in his jeep.

My weight is up again by 100g,its the same 100g up and down all week. And leaves me still with my target 1kg to reach by Friday... Not possible i think.
Not walking this mornjng as too slippy. Had a jiggle and need a shower before work. Hair coloured and cut but i really dont like the blowdry, too old for me. So hopefully when i wash it i will discover a lovely cut under it.

Has anyone else eaten chia seeds much. I know you need lots of water with them and i measured very carefully only 15g. But they seemed to cause an amazing amount of wind.

Goodness Tippy, ice and driving really scares me add in rural roads 😬 Wow, well done with that kit Kat, that is marvellous control..well impressed😺
BTW, forgot to say congrats for passing your interview and hope you don't have a long wait for your permanent post. X

I rarely use chia seeds as get massively bloated stomach and don't like texture of overnight breakfast pot. Always swap it out for flax in cooking. X

Went to buy flaxseed but aldi had a product recall as they had unlabelled phosphates (or sulphites, i always mix them up) in them.

Thanks for the interview congrats, now have to play the nervous waiting game and see how quick i jump. Moving quick for my 2nd choice location and slow for my first choice. So do i take whats offered or gamble and wait. Another interview this weekend again for same position but this years temp panel. Normally only an 8 week contract but hoping for special brexit one which may be a 12 month one. That means i can sit and play the long game and wait then for permanent in preferred location. And ive applied for the promotion panel too.
Aaargh, doing my head in trying to figure it out.

Has anyone else eaten chia seeds much. I know you need lots of water with them and i measured very carefully only 15g. But they seemed to cause an amazing amount of wind.

Not had them but get that side effect from flaxseed, big time :classic_err_what:.

Great that all these job opportunities are giving you options, good luck this weekend!

Its actually the same bloody job, just different versions of it, temp, full time and supervisor.

Moening from a very cold very wet and very windy Tipperary... The weather not me. Teeny bit down but as i say its the same bit up and down the whole time. Havent really managed to get out for a walk at all this week as roads have been icy. I know if a car just tips its breaks if it sees me it will skid. I took a skid at a bend yesterday morning, my collegue and three other cars went slidding onto a main road and the motorway closrd after a 5 car pile up, so im staying sitting at home.
Went to bed early with a hot whiskey and a finger of kitkat... Yes:oops:, i can see that slippery slope from here. House was all pulled apart when i got home, he decided ti "FIX" the wifi a d TV signals and every room had furniture pulled out and wires taken apart. I couldnt sit anywhere. So i had the last of the vegan pizza and went to bed with my laptop which had Navy Seals on it.
Just had a jiggle (Tibbs am about to watch yiu vidros thanks) and now my smoothie. Ive nothing for lunch and might leave it that way to force me to go for a walk at lunchtime.

@Tibbs ive just looked at tbe first power plate video you posted. Well i tried to do the plank once and it was a boomerang. The squats i would need the handle to get up after getting down. The other two look ok but i dont see why they need the power plate, much more step exercises. But thank you so much for posting them and definitely some exercises for in the future, im still at the stage were trying to brush my hair is a full body workouto_O:p. Off to look at the second one.

Back