Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Oh i love getting my car valeted - there are lots of drive in valet places here, and I did it for the first time a couple of months ago - wonderful, although the guy didn't look too impressed with the state of my beloved Beetle much before he started :D :D.

Food sounds lovely - what was in the smoothie?

Usual breakfast smoothie with a large pear raw porridge, flax seed, cacoa and some vitsmins whizzed with water

So an Opps i did it again night.
Yesterday was going fine but it was a difficult work day. Had to walk 2km in the rain to get the car so was cold wet tired and hungry coming home. Girls were out so decided would ask husband to bring me out for dinner. Then remembered he was out too. So avoided being bad for a while but did go off plan by having egg. I had a one egg omlette with spinach and tomato, baked sweet potato fries and half avocado.
Not too bad so far but also had two wonderful glasses of white wine with the food and was then looking for comfort food.
Ended up having two cracottes with butter and then a toasted pitta with butter and then a bar of chocolate and finally a glass of red wine when husband came home
Exhausted now and not looking forward to having to spend the day at work.

Well my mind would agree with you but my body says no.
Sitting at my desk and thankfully a slow day but im hungry now and tired. And car had a puncture, i had to get a lift to work

So diet gone on hold officially until Monday.
I got the phonecall this afternoon. Ive officially been offered a fulltime permanent position as a civil servant.
Not the position i thought it would be and have to think about it seriously before i say yes. Ive been given 5 days to think about it and need to talk to some current managers about it but most likely will accept.

And daughter 2 collected me from work and she got the same call, civil service too. She got a brexit job and will be moving back to Dublin.

Husband brought me out to dinner, will update more tomorrow.

So ive just had a burger for breakfast. Well almost. So husband was happy about job news and wanted to go out to celebrate. I would have preferred to wait until Friday but he will be away. So went out and had a glass of white wine and ordered a burger with bacon chips and salad. Had some chips, all the salad, half tbe burger no bun and one piece of bacon. Decided lots of burger was left so brought it home. The husband opened bubbles so had two glasses of them and a glass of red. Starving this morning and really didnt want a smoothie so had the rest of the burger.
Thats wine two week nights in a row and im exhausted now and still need to go to work now.
So ive spent the past two hours on line trying to sort out references and security checks. Have decided to take the job but need to talk to two managers about holiday entitlement and if i need to take it or if it will carry over.
I have an 8 week gap in employment that needs to be accounted for and ironically that has to be certified by one of two government departments, and im working for one now and moving to the other.

Ive officially been offered a fulltime permanent position as a civil servant...And daughter 2...got the same call, civil service too. She got a brexit job and will be moving back to Dublin..

Have decided to take the job but need to talk to two managers about holiday entitlement and if i need to take it or if it will carry over. I have an 8 week gap in employment that needs to be accounted for and ironically that has to be certified by one of two government departments, and im working for one now and moving to the other.

Oh that's great news, both for you and Daughter 2 - life is a lot easier when there's a regular pay packet coming in!

When do you officially start the new role?

And well done on leaving the burger bun behind!

Brilliant news on job offers for you and your daughter tipp! Nothing wrong with eating a burger for breakfast, there's a cafe by work that caters to us night shift workers and they will happily do a burger, pizza, salad or even a full roast dinner at 8am if that's what you fancy. Who said you have to eat breakfast food at breakfast time hey!

Thanks, im waiting on security clearance before i get a date. And reckon i have about 2 weeks holidays owed too.

So food and drink have been all over the place including chocolate sugar cheese meat and wine. So trying to get back in track today. Have eaten a good bit but all on plan. Went to Iceland and Aldi to stock up on good things. Snacking now on brogies dipped in bean puree. Made it with a tin of butter beans, three 3 tomatoes, some curry powder, nutritional yeast a a dribble of water. Whizzed up and its fine.
Had a smoothie for breakfast but used peanut butter powder instead of cacoa. Then made butternut squash soup and had it with 2 veg fingers and 2 cauliflower hash browns.
Will go for a walk later hopefully.

Sounds like a pretty productive day so far! That bean puree sounds nice, a woman doing SW does something very similar and adds it to soup to make thick - might give that a go tomorrow.

How do you make your veg fingers and cauli hash browns?

Almost on track yesterday, i did have some mozzarella and one gingersnap.
Having my smoothie now and had a jiggle. Off to work and packed for the day is soup, couscous, brogies, bean puree, apple, cherries and 2 l water.
My own supervisor is back today so need to tell her im going and hopefully my refs and security clearance get sorted this week and i get a date for new start.

I may have two weeks off which i wasnt plannjng and dont want to waste then. So was thinking of some last minute sun if i could get it cheap. We have holidays booked for June but its now possible i wont get these. And i dont want to not have a break this year again. However husband doesnt seem to be great again, he got exhausted yesterday just coming to the supermarket and had to go back to the car. So dont think he will be up to travel.

Whi knows, i might nearly hop on a plane and go to London for a few days... I have a list of places i havent seen and want to and a list of shops i need to visit including Gudruns Joden for clothes and all if Ottolengis cafes.

Thanks, we cant pin down what seems to be wrong with him and i dont want to be dragging him off somewhere if hes not well.

Back