Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Sort of got it sorted, went out for a roll. Office was crazy and even the noise in the canteen was overwhelming so went out for 30 minutes as needed the break. Yesterday was the busiest day of the year in the office so far and some people said they went I with a knot in their stomach. Once I got in I was fine, and glad I went out as was asked to stay late as even after the lines closed there was still a queue of calls to take. Anyway, I can finish at 4 today and off until Tuesday. Ive been using vibro plate each morning and having a smoothie for breakfast but determined to get a long walk in this weekend somehow, maybe a wellie walk through the fields with the dog

Enjoy your long weekend tipp, sounds like you need it more than ever!

Thanks all, once again just popping in for a quick hello. No wifi at home and internet just not working on my phone.
Anyway, just too much going on at work and at home lately to be overly concerned about what Im eating. So not going to be concerned about it until after Xmas. Need to get a new phone but it will have to wait, Im off to Paris soon for a long weekend, then xmas, then daughter has a big birthday and after that I will see how finances are.

Long weekend in Paris sounds lovely tipp. It's impossible to diet when your head is not in the right place, Christmas isn't far off now so fresh start in the new year might be in order.

Morning, well its crunch time. My jeans are too tight and most of my trousers from this year are as well. My short skirts are all elastic so fine but now my tights keep rolling down. Belly is just too big.
Not getting any exercise at all, darker when I leave for work and dark when I get home and I'm just way too tired to go to the pool or anywhere else to do indoor exercise.
Food wise I have been OK since Monday as am.trying just to feel less stuffed before flying on Friday.
Will weigh in properly and reassess next weekend.

Ah Tipp, sorry you are not feeling too good / managing to fit any exercise in. I agree it is really hard with the shorter days. Well done on eating well this week, enjoy your weekend in Paris and look forward to getting back on track next week :)

It's definitely harder to exercise with the shorter days. I can't stand this time of year personally.

Thanks, I'm not overly worried about it but need to be careful so it doesn't get any worse. Exhausted and had four chocolate biscuits today and having a glass of wine now. Been in training for 3 days and it was very intensive. It felt like a leaving cert ( A levels) exam question that when you made a simple mistake in the first five minutes it came back to bite you 3 hours later when you were almost finished...therefore chocolate required.

So I've had a bit of a brainwave about getting some exercise. Its dark when I leave and dark when I get home. And on narrow country roads much too dangerous to walk. But what I saw someone else at work do yesterday was go for a jog after work in town and then drive home. And it occurred to me I could do that, go for a walk in town on the well lit streets and then drive home. I can bring my leggings, runners and a high viz jacket and get a decent walk done .
Won't be doing it today though, fligjh from Dublin at 6am tomorrow so leaving home about midnight tonight.

Gosh Tipp I don't blame you for having chocolate and wine after that training it sounds horrible. Walking after work in town might be a winner, something to think about definitely. But for now enjoy a lovely weekend in Paris, just the thought of the bread and pastries is making my mouth water!

All shopped out, well for today anyway. Arrived at hotel yesterday at 10 am and had a shower and unpacked. Had lunch at a bistrot, then a nap. Then dinner in a Corsican restaurant. Breakfast this morning was a pastry and tea on a train and been shopping all day. I went to Desigual and managed to restrain myself and bought only two.things, a short warm dress and a cardigan. Also got more Kusmi tea. Back at hotel.now and having dinner here. Its Beaujolais Nouveau time so am going to have a glass as I've never tasted it before.

Kusmi tea shop yaye! I love the little tins I bought...is it the same sort of price in Paris? (she says with one eye to a Paris shopping trip too lol).

Enjoy the vino!

I think so, I bought directly from Kusmi online, the large tins about €17 and same price here
They had the little tins too but cant remember what they cost, you could mix and match them to make a gift box of them. Going to Fauchon today, more tea and gormet foods...then have to sample their cake, i mean it has real gold leaf on it. Then need to buy baby boys some warm snow suits. Also want to see the Christmas windows at Printemps and Galerie Lafayette, its Monday so hopefully crowds are less. Then finally hoping to find a winter market somewhere.
Brought husband to.the flea market yesterday, he found some vintage toy cars so was very happy. Then had lunch there at a place I'd been.before. I warned him in advance, food not great, service diabolical, tables crowded and dirty...but great fun as it has a constant cabaret of French singers. Well he loved it, and by the end of the meal our table of 2 Irish, 2 French and 2 Spanish were singing the loudest ( they might get the food order wrong but make sure they get the wine to you).
Legs and hips sore from walking and purse and bank account almost emptied out, need to count carefully now. Have been eating and drinking good meals and have had two desserts since I got here. Will look for the detox shots I got before. Also need to get some time ony own to gwtbto FNAC to buy books for husband.

Ahh Tipp Paris sounds fabulous! Glad you have had a good time, the restaurant with the singing sounds like great fun, glad hubby enjoyed it. Enjoy the rest of your stay and safe journey home :)

Thanks, leaving in the morning and judging by my bank account and my size just as well. Though I've hurt my back and lying in bed in agony now, I heard it pop yesterday and all the walking and carrying bags has caused it to become inflamed and very painful. I feel lopsided when I walk.
I had a quick weigh in while trying to weigh my suitcase and I'm really not happy with the number I saw.

Back