Tipperary wobbles into 2024

It sounds like you are doing really well. I'm 48 and my own challenge is to lose fat while becoming more defined. Currently, I am combining a high energy diet with a basic weight training program and some cardio.

Tipp sounds like you are doing well - I know what you mean about spending the week losing the gain from the weekend though, that is me all over. Well done on the job, sorry your daughter didn't get it this time, hopefully something will come up for her soon.
Be careful in the ice and snow, it's no joke!

Thanks all and hi James. Didnt get the lunchtime walk. I deliberately didnt bring lunch to force me to go out. But it was practically a gale. So i hopped in someone elses car a got a lift and had a veg wrap.
Official weigh in tomorrow and know i wont make my target as had no exercise this week. But have been very sensible with food today, had a HUGE amount of fibre and did have a Windy episode.... I stepped out of the office to do so.

Morning all and very annoyed. Official weigh in day and im a stay the same from last week. Ive been fighting the same bit up and down all week. Was down yesterday and thought it would be another but today but not. I thought my food was sensible enough but got very little walking done (snow, ice and frost)

Oh that is so annoying how our bods don't behave. There's a woman at my class who does strict SW and doesn't lose - and when she loosens the reins she does. i know she finds it really frustrating because at least doing it strictly she understands the rules she's supposed to follow!

Frustrating when the scales aren't co-operating Tipp. Hopefully that loss is in the bag for next week, just got to get through the weekend (you and me both). Good luck!

I think scales were invented to mess with your mind! They have a horrible way of not showing a loss when you're sure they should. I bet next time you're on them it'll have wooshied.
What a pain the job situation is, hope you get a 12mth Brexit contract so you can take your time deciding on the permanent contract.

For some reason I don't get alerts when you post🤔

Last edited:
Morning up early and hoping tp leave by 9.30am to get to Dublin. Traffic may be heavy and city busy as a little matter of a rugby match on there today. Had a jiggle and included some squats in it. Then a weigh in and the same as yesterday. Hoping i get to Monday without an increase.
Has a short walk at lunch yesterday, foot still sore when walking but pain not staying in it when i stop. Wearing my runners tofay with insoles so exercise will be walking through the city.
Last night was relax night, i had a steak burger, 3 hash browns, 3 small baked onion rings, a slice of coffee cake and a small glass of red wine which i didnt quite finish as i fell asleep. A leaving party at work meant lots of cake, i had an apple but brought the coffee cake home. Lots of butter and sugar in it but it was home made so no other bad stuff.

Morning Tipp, enjoy your day in Dublin, I'd say the traffic will be bad alright! I'm sure you will get plenty of walking done. Food sounds so nice from last night, I really love coffee cake!

Morning all. Well the beginning of a busy week. I have 4 nights of overtime but them am hoping to have friday and monday off. Was hoping to do something nice for the weekend but husband not feeling well and off to a doctor this morning. He thinks he may have to be referred on to his consultant.
Weekend went totally off plan but i needed the break. Husband and daughter came with me to Dublin and did some shopping while i had interview. Then we went to a great tapas bar for lunch and even had a glass of wine. Only a teeny bit of shopping and walking as husbands back was playing up. So bought some nice nibbles in m and s and home by 6.30pm. Lit the fire and had lots of wine.
Of course that meant yesterday i had the hunger monster inside me and so just ate what i wanted. And i even had 2 glasses wine and a pack of crisps in the afternoon curles up on the couch watching james bond.
So back to normal. If i do get fri and mon off and we dont go anywhere im definitly heading to the pool. By next payday i should have enough for membership

So was about to come on and say ive lost focus a bit. But weighed in and scales agreed with me. Back up 200g again. Im not surprised. I had a tough day yesterday as a lot of decisions to be made about future job prospects. Put simply ive no end date on my current contract but will get offered a new one in the next few weeks for somewhere else but it might be very short term. Caught a senior manager to see if he had any info, he had nothing specific but said if i get an offer to come back to him. Ive made it clear i am happy where i am.
Anyway, the main worry yesterday was husband wasnt well and was trting to get admitted to hospital for a CT. They sent him home at 10pm after and xray and he has an app with consultant on Wed. So he is still in pain snd has difficulty breathing but as hospital cant find anything wrong they are not worried.
Got home from work a bit stressed and was going to get takeaway, but had a slightly better option of oven chips and baked fishfingers. Then i hsd a small glass of wine and a sliver of rocky road cake. Im going to throw the rest of it out, its just full of marshmallows.
Having smoothie now and for at work i have some iceland indian lentils and am making a wrap with veg fingers, lots of rocket and carrot and some avocado. A potato pizza base taken out for dinner as itvwillbe about 8pm when i get home.

Back on track
Back on track
Yes, back on track Tuesday

Thanks Tessa, hopefully tomorrow he will know.
Just been out for a lunchtime 2km walk. Was supposed to be 2.5km but wind bad so turned back. Smoothie as usual for breakfast and having second half of wrap now, didnt bother with lentils

Tipp big hugs that your OH recovers soon! That glass of wine sounds well deserved to me - and good choice made on your dinner.

It's really difficult to know about the right course of action re your work, but I'm a big believer in fate, so I'm sure you'll choose what's the best for you xx

Thanks susie, im the same really and know i will make the right decision when a job offer is made. Its just calculating all the variables now that winds me up at times.. .. I do it myself.

Morning and scales a bit down today. I only had the veg wrap yesterday for break and lunch and 1/2 pizza for dinner. I think it may have been the avocado in the wrap that filled me. I know my menu is still very carb heavy but with mostly vegan and no sugar its hard to give up anything else.
The short walk at work lunchtime seems to be helping. But i do jave long lunches this week.

Back