Tipperary wobbles into 2024

How's your husband Tippy? I think avocado is filling too..I quite often take an avocado for a lunch if on the hop or travelling & with a little pot of DIY seasoning to sprinkle on.. lovely & easy to carry. I'll dig out the recipe & post it.

Thanks Susie. Husband in hospital in one city on cardiac machine and my dad in a hospital in another city as he had a stroke last night. Im still at work cos i cant figure out which one to go to. And well until tests are done anyway nothing i can do. So until i hear will stay put till i know which way i am going.

Quick walk at lunch which i spent on the phone coordinating my family. Half vegan pizza at break, vegan sausage wrap for lunch and an apple now. Working till 7

Oh goodness Tippy🙀 Thinking of you and hoping they're both not too bad. Do you have to sort someone to look after your Mam too? Nightmare needing to be in 2 places at once x

Thanks, daughter 2 was going to look after mam but sister 1decided she would be in the way rather than helpful and then had a bit of a rant. I know she is stressed so let it go. I havent told them husband is ill. He was sent home tonight but back in tomorrow for lits more tests

A random dinner of broccolli, lentils, wrap, crackers and pesto

Taking today as official weigh in day.

800g off
Weight: 80.1kg
BMI: 35.14

Ok, back. So i am taking today as official weigh in day and am 800g down this week. Still 600g away from what my planned target was but a loss is a loss.
Doing it today as its My Friday. Ive managed to get Friday and Monday off. Was hoping to get away but obviously plans have changed. Husband back in hospital today for angiogram, i finish work at 7 and collecting him then. Wont be home till after 10pm and not sure what or when for dinner. I have a falafel/spinach/avocado wrap for lunch. Then tomorrow looking after him and sorting out house stuff.
Then will go to Dublin on Saturday. Spoke to Dad last night and he seems fine, it was a series of mini strokes but monitoring him to see the cause and trying to prevent a bigger one. As i said i havent told my family husband not well and they dont know i have Friday off.

Weight goal number one was to get my BMI below 35, to just be obese🤔. On track for that so far.

And hope to go swimming to, if i cant get that back on track then the weight will be easier to shift.

Oh hun you have got a lot going on but you do sound like you're coping really well with it all!

Well done on the loss, you've been great with food this week, always firmly making sure it's healthy and vegan-ish.

Fingers crossed your husband's tests come back soon xx

Oh gosh Tipp how stressful for you with your husband and Dad being so poorly at the same time! Well done for sticking to any sort of diet at this time and especially well done on the weight loss, I know I would have said 'sod it' and eaten everything in sight.

Hopefully test results for both come back okay and are feeling better soon, take care of yourself Tipp x

Oh gosh hope your husband and dad are better soon. I didn't get any notifications for new posts so missed all this. Always here for support. Oh and well done on your weight loss. Xx

Thanks all.

So went on a bit of a binge yesterday afternoon. I never really thought of myself as an emotional eater but now know i am an angry eater/drinker.
So a few weeks ago i had an important interview, and i did well. And i got my interview scores and felt they were good. They mark each section out of 50 and i got around 45 in each. So last Sat i had the same interview for a temp position, ill repeat that THE SAME INTERVIEW. Scores out yesterday and i got only about 30 in each, i cant see how i dropped so much. And more annoyingly a colleague who didnt even make the interview round to the last one did better than me. Im so annoyed, and was even more annoyed cos obviously i was preoccupied with other stuff that i didnt bother checking my emails when my phone flashes with a message from my collegue telling me what she got.
So after a not too bad breakfast and a good lunch i lay down on the couch watching medici (sean bean is in the second season) drinking lots of red wine. I dont know how much i had but now my head is sore so it was too much. I had a chicken satay skewer, pack of crisps, 5 kitkat fingers(from 3 seperate bars), a veggie burger, a wrap and some goats cheese.
Im so annoyed with myself for drinking so much, for eating the chocolate, for being upset about the score and for resenting my colleague who did well

Exactly what Tessa says, don't worry about it hun, you've had a lot of stress lately - and I'd be resentful too about the scores and my colleague.

Don't understand why there would be such a variation in the results. Can you ask about it and get some feedback? xxx

I could ask i suppose but as its only the temp job and im on track for a fulltime one i wont bother. So after all the friday wine of course the hunger monster got me yesterday. Two scrambled eggs with brown bread toasted for breakfast (no butter). Then lunch was 2 baked fishcakes, potato wedges and corn on the cob. Made some sort of hummous, a tin of chickpeas, two cloves garljc, about dessertspoon avocado oil, two tsps nutritional yeast and some water all whizzed up. Had that as a snack with cracker thins. Also had a four finger kitkat. Then dinner was some iceland chicken korma, i think i had a slice of dry toast with it, no rice or noodles. And somewhere in the day i had another slice of toast with cheese on it. Going to bed i had a sort of hot whiskey, hot water with 2 cloves and tsp whiskey... No sugar or honey or lemon. No jiggle yesterday and spent about and hour in the morning playing with baby Theo. Then at 5pm Oscar came over to ask me to go on a wellie walk and puddle jump with him. We were out about 40 minutes but distance covered only about 1.5km. He loves puddle jumping and knows exactly where all the deep ones are. I bought him skiing salopettes and a big warm hi viz jacket for christmas when i was in paris and they are perfect for puddle jumping. Dusk coming home and he listened to all the birds going to bed.
Plan for today is to take daughter 2 and maybe oscar to see Dad. Ive to do and online exam first. We will be right beside ikea and hate to waste the opportunity of not visiting but have decided we dont need anything and dont want to waste money on stuff we dont want.

Also will be passing a retail village. I want two Cath Kidson bags but looked before. I want a large one for swimming but the large ones all are very nicely lined and with wet swim gear that will go mouldy. I also want one to take my lunch, a large bottle of water and a pair of shoes. Again they dont have quite what i want. Im just too bl😶🙄dy fussy. Just finishing my breafast smoothie, will do my exam, go for a walj, have a shower and go to Dublin. Have a great day everyone.

Thanks, didnt stop at ikea or retail village. We took oscar and stopped at Nandos for lunch. Havent been before so did order chicken. Had a pitta and while it was lovely i wouldnt go back again, the price was ridiculus. Then oscar had a total meltdown going back to the car, he just didnt want to leave. So that wasted a lot of time and we barely made it to dad for hospital visiting time. So no shopping save for a baggy tunic i bought to wear with leggings and boots.

Back