Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Oh how lovely, the Canaries! When are you going?

Green tea with lemongrass sounds nice - my go to is with mint, and Lidl does one with orange and ginger (although I can't taste the ginger in it ever) - not too citrusy :).

Going next Tuesday after St Patricks day. 1st choice was Tenerife but price kept changing and beach wasnt great. So got what is hopefully a nice beach location in Fuerteventura. Went with a package deal (not usual for us) so dont have to worry about anything when we get there.

Well that detox didnt last long. Burger and chips and wine and mayonaisse and biscuits.
And now i feel glucky, cant think of another word for it. Heavy head heavy stomach and runny nose.

One of my dresses from wish arrived a very long one. I love orange and thats what i picked but its very "hari krishna" looking. As its far eastern sizes i thought i ordered a 2xl in all 4 but accidentally ordered 3xl in this one, its loose and flowing and will be perfect on holidays but a 2xl would have been fine. Ive washed this one to see if it shrinks a bit and i might get the sewing machine out and take it up a bit. But will wait for the rest to arrive. I think ive ordered a grey tunic style light linen or cofton shirt, a linen knee lenght dress and a knitted tunic... Cant really remember. Prices where good, each under €10. But now ive deleted the app from my phone as i wanted everything on it.

I really do need to lose weight though and in particular get a waist. If only to wear clothes i have bought that still done fir. One in particular is a knitted tunic that will be too warm to wear soon.

Any off to have a lukewarm shower (not enough water) and head off to work. Thankfully today is a short day.

Ah love the Canaries! How exciting, Fuertaventura is really nice. Will be good to just get away from it all and relax a bit :classic_big_grin: new dresses sound great!

So i calculated my holiday leave wrong. Thanks to St Patricks day bank holiday im actually leaving work today
:D:D:D:D:D

Yep, still have to wait until Tuesday but holefully will have a few days to get some walks in and get holiday ready

Woohoo brilliant news! Hope you have a nice last day tipp. Great to have some time off before you go away rather than rushing around last minute etc.

Morning all from a sunny island. Having a quick dash around to catch up on everyones news and will be back.

Hey Tipp, hope you are having the best time!

The sunshine is great, as too is the wine. And we enjoyed too much of both yesterday so now im back in bed with a massive headache. :oops:
Hotel is lovely, we are halfboard and the food is amazing. Foodwise ive been quite good for dinner, having salads and pasta andno dessert, though i never have dessert anyway. But i havent been so well behaved for breakfast. What is it about a buffet breakfast that you feel you need to have four courses. They make a selection of smoothies so ive been having kiwi, celery, cucumber and ginger every morning. Then fresh fruit, then bread and cheese and ham and egg. Then pastries and green tea. But with all this air im hungry again for lunch.
Im.drinking lots of water and doing lots of walking.

Not going to worry too much about weight while here. But i havent been spending much money here. We had planned on a few excursions but have decided not to bother as hotel and beach area is lovely. So will have a small bit of money left when i get home and will use that for pool membership.
Commute to new job will be an extra 90 minutes gone each day but as days get longer i will feel like i have extra time (im a daylight person, i do nothing in the dark) so hope to stop at the pool on the way home some evenings

Im also hoping new job isnt so desk bound that my legs will get to move a bit. I will also have a short walk from car park to office.
Ive noticed here how unfit my arms are so swimming should help that.
We had a family holiday booked for June in Minorca, am hoping new job will be able to let me go. Daughter 2 has also just started a new job, she is in training and so doesnt have a line manager yet so cant apply for holidays. We hope we dont have to cancel.

Ahh Tipp, sounds like you are having a lovely time! Can't beat a buffet breakfast :classic_big_grin: Hope the wine headache wears off soon and you can enjoy the day. That's good you will have a bit of money left over. Fingers crossed you are able to get the time off for your next holiday, would be a shame if you had to cancel.

What is it about a buffet breakfast that you feel you need to have four courses. They make a selection of smoothies so ive been having kiwi, celery, cucumber and ginger every morning. Then fresh fruit, then bread and cheese and ham and egg. Then pastries and green tea.

Well for a start the green tea cancels out the pastries - it's a holiday rule! :)

And the rest of it is perfect too, set you up for a good day's walking.

Sounds like you're having a great time - except for the sore head, fun getting them though :).

Back