Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Enjoy your last few hours hun, it sounds like it was just what you needed!

How was dinner in a cave? I'm claustrophobic so caving is not something I'd naturally choose to do :).

Its was a cave in the side of a hill and opwn on one side then with open sided pergolas and covered terraces so not closed in at all.
In airport now, dont know why we had to get here so early but we did🙄. Arrived before 11am,checked luggage and through security in less than 10 minutes and flight not till 2.30pm.

I always arrive early at airports too - better that than running through to the plane, bags crashing about :D.

Have a great flight back x

Just caught up with everything on here. What awful news you had 🙁 Saying that my young colleague who has had treatment for Lymphoma is doing really well. Fingers crossed it be the same in your case.
Your holiday sounds great though. Xx

Thanks Tessa, we had sime good news to come home to, after 3 rounds of chemo and another clear lumbar puncture she has been sent home for a few days. She will be taken in every week for 3 days treatment and hopefully sent home for 4.

Ok food wise yesterday was dreadful. Started ok, a quick swim and breakfast of scrambled egg, avocado, ham and cashews followed by two mini very sweetcakes.
The airport one had a burger with chips, bbq sauce and very sweet streaky bacon cooked in honey. Didnt have the bun
Then i made a big mistake, i went into the duty free and bought a giant toblerone. And not just a regular one but a crispy almond one so caramelized almonds. And had two of the giant triangles.
So airport 2 i went to McDonalds and had chicken burger, i did eat the bun and chips. And two more giant triangles of toblerone.
Then got to Dublin and drove home. Stopped and got Thai food and arrived home about 11pm. Has a Massaman curry and boiled rice, had half of each. Then to stay balanced half a bottle of white wine and to round the day off two more giant triangles. Fell asleep on the couch and went to bed about 2 am.

So home now to the rain☔
Up at 8am andall clothes now nearly washed.
Weighed in and its an increase of 1.5kg, to be honest id say most of that was the past two days, i would love to have weighed in on Thursday.
So weight bang on 82kg with BMI of almost 36.
Only having breakfast smoothie now, i made it with frozen blackberries which i know find out are quite high in carbs.
I ordered a digital scales which arrived while i was gone. So weighed everything in my smoothie to work out the macros. Already gone way over my carb allowance. Need to see what berries are lower, hopefully blueberries are.

So here is the breakdown of breakfast which was blackberries, porridge, ground almond, flax seed, cacoa and whizzed with water.

View media item 4875

So off to do some shopping. I dont need to sort out lunches as the freezer is full of them, only problem i cant calculate the exact macros as already cooked and frozen. I dont plan on going beserk with weighing everything but as i make a new dish will calculate that one. Will make my coconut, cacoa and berry mousse and make it as 6 portions rather than 3. And will do a guesstimate on meals in the freezer.
And i need to get my swimming back packed and make sure its in the car ready to use.

Will keep my daily natterings here and back to my Daily Diary Tipperary is Shrinking for accurate food and exercise logs.

So i dont think i told you, my husband told me i was fat👀
Yep, he said it, he said i was fat😱.

THE CHEEK OF HIM.

Ok, so i know i am fat but you dont just come out with it. It came about because he has a very big belly, a dangerously big belly but no fat on his arms or legs. He has been sick and has a chronic illness and has been told by numerous doctors to lose weight. He has also had a number of very expensive heart and lung tests recently and told while his heart is currently fine they dont think it will be in two years when he is checked again if his lifestyle stays as it is. And the pressure in his lungs is too great with the weight of his belly, there are times he gets out of breath just standing up from sitting.
So while on holidays i suggested he take the opportunity of free time to get more exercise and maybe not 3 desserts every day. Well he lost the head and came back at me saying i had no right to comment as i was much fatter than him.
The thing is i know that, i believe that and i am trying hard to do something about that. He doesnt really see himself as overweight just a belly that he can "cycle off in a week or two".
So i challenged him to do that, said we would both lose weight, race each other to christmas and see how much we lose. Im not even suggesting we give our starting weight but just say how much our BMI has dropped.
So ive weighed in, got a scales, started a plan.
He is lying in pyjamas and had a mountain of black pudding and tomatoes and some cake. He cant start cos he hasnt got a bike, he cant weigh in cos the scales arent accurate and the Wii "doesnt fu@ck1ng work properly it tells me im obese".

We will see🙄

See, i knew the added 1.5kg was just 2 days. According to this mornings weigh in a kilo has already gone.
I was being very good yesterday and staying keto and logging and counting everything. But then i had a bottle of white wine, a pack of crisps and a whole mountain of toblerone and no exercise.
But today is beginning of a new week, foods all prepped, calories and carbs counted for most meals.
Today is blueberry smoothie, spinach and broccoli soup, chicken and salad, chocolate chia mousse ans chi ken and courgette for dinner and nuts of some sort if i need a snack.

Off to have a shower and go to work.

He is lying in pyjamas and had a mountain of black pudding and tomatoes and some cake. He cant start cos he hasnt got a bike, he cant weigh in cos the scales arent accurate and the Wii "doesnt fu@ck1ng work properly it tells me im obese"

Boy oh boy your OH is really in denial isn't he? And so not in any kind of position to be taking pot shots at anyone else about their weight!!! No wonder you were furious, especially when you've been working so hard for so long. I really admire you for trying out low carbs, and all the exercise you do, so just ignore him if you can Tipp, he's being a d-head. Your food is all prepped and you're raring to go after the holiday, and I know you'll get to the weight level you're aiming for xx

Thanks, when he was advised by hospital he paid attention for about 2 days and then stopped. He willget there eventually

I second what Susie says! Cheek of it.

You are doing so well tipp😃 x

Oh Tipp, just focus on you! You're back on it after your holiday and you have already done so well. Hopefully one day he will run out of excuses. From what you said it sounds like he was deflecting back on to you instead of wanting to admit that he needs to lose weight.

Just keep on being fabulous and losing the weight for yourself!

Thanks all.
Well exhausted after first day back at work. Mountains of work on my desk that needed to be done, only in now. Meals as planned except for dinner, having grilled courgette, fresh spinach leaves and the rest of the massaman curry from Sat takeaway. Then a rest and then i plan on a walk, so tired though.

Hi Tipp, just catching up - sounds like you had a fabulous holiday, 1.5kg gain is very reasonable, all that walking must have helped massively. I'm so sorry to hear about your little niece, how awful for you all - I hope now her treatment is underway she will bounce back. Kids are amazing at dealing with illness.
Re: your husband and weight loss - typical man mentality. At least you are trying! We all know we are overweight but to hear it from our partners is quite a kick in the teeth isn't it.
Well done for getting back on track so quickly, I hope you feel rested after your holiday :classic_big_grin:

Thanks all.
Well exhausted after first day back at work. Mountains of work on my desk that needed to be done, only in now. Meals as planned except for dinner, having grilled courgette, fresh spinach leaves and the rest of the massaman curry from Sat takeaway. Then a rest and then i plan on a walk, so tired though.

That dinner sounds lovely! And I'd have a rest, hun, you've only just got back - and travelling itself can be exhausting! xx

Well i must have been tired as i slept out this morning. Im always up before 7am and usually out the door by 7.30 and in work by 8.30. I wanted to get in today for 8am. Woke up, stretched, got up, put kettle on and looked at clock and it was 8.30am already.
Another long day at work only left at 7pm. Lunch was coconut and almond chicken goujons with courgette and cauliflower. I still have some keto foods in the freezer that werent weighed so no accurate carbs or cals for them. Went for a walk but only 2km as am tired

Back