Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hi all. Went to my GP this morning and he is referring me to another consultant. He agrees that while i may have arthritis he thinks the pain is something else.
Mad busy day at work as we are down staff. I had planned on staying late and made arrangements for the others to be collected. But we are on a storm warning so may have to leave early depending on the weather. And then not sure if i can get in tomorrow morning. Im very rural and we are prone to falling trees on my road

Hope you're home safe and dry now!

Glad the GP is taking your hip seriously too, when is the consultant appointment or is it a case of "Who knows?"

Hopefully the next few weeks. Its a private appointment and they usually move quickly.
Left work at 4pm even though i wasnt finished and had planned on staying until 7pm. Our building was told to have us all out by 5pm, but daughtets shut down at 4pm so left then. Glad i did as wind was picking up on motorway. Seemed calm enough here though, we were on orange warning, the west coast a red warning.

Crikey stay safe and warm!

We just had a little rain although the sea was crashing on the rocks with a bit of force, I could hear it from the back garden.

Dont make me jealous Susie, i want to hear the sea.

Its Monday and ive achieved nothing all week. Nothing weight wise, nothing work, nothing at home. Im just going from work to home, resting and going back to work. Our boss is back after a summer off and decided to shake things up. Including reducing our staff and increasing our timetable. I just cant seem to carch up with myself.
I also take son in law to work, babies to creche and then daughter to work. It means im stuck with everyone elses timetable and get no break from it.
Food went dowhill, i seemed to spend a lot of time eating peanut butter on toast and chocolate. No exercise at all, the car to the office only. And this week i have the staff car park so no walk at all. Hip just wants to rest.

But, im ready to get properly started again today. Breakfast and lunch packed for work.

Oh, and today is the day i decorate my desk for halloween. My lazy weekend gave me some sewing time and i made some felt zombie skulls

You really are at everyone else's beck and call!

No wonder you're finding it hard to fit your own food plan needs in, so well done for getting back on plan today.

Having homemade chicken soup, some cracottes and a small mashed avocado npw for lunch

Morning all. Well struggling big time. Just not getting anywhere with anything. I feel like im on the same hamster wheel every day and getting nowhere with anything, weight, work, life. 🎡

Ive been eating out at work purely to get a break from the place. Or some days when ive too much to do i have a sandwich at the desk. Neither of which will do anything for my weight or my pocket.

Weekends is laundry, cooking, cleaning the kitchen and lying down to rest my hip.

My plan for this week is purely to get back into a routine of 14 to 16 hour fasts, breakfast smoothie and two meals. Will do my best then to stay away from nibbles and sugary snacks.

Send me some good vibes, i need the help.

And more vibes from me! You'll get back there hun, there's so much going on sometimes it's all we can do to just get up in the morning and go to work.

I've been in exactly the same place as you. I know it's easy for me to say, but you will come out of it, and just try not to load yourself up with too much pressure!

Thanks both, still havent got to where i need to be meals wise. Eating out again tomorrow and thinking of a sandwich for lunch at my desk as canteen just too loud. So tired all the time and hip is very sore, was up twice during the night for painkillers. Hope my appointment is soon

A quick pop in, still not on track with anything. I just cant get my mind in the right place. I had a day off yesterday, the plan was too go to Dublin to my parents. But was too sore to drive so another weekend lying on the couch.
Will try to catch up later, off to work🙄

Mw too Susie, looking for bread and pasta.

Anyway, i did start off this morning with a slice of seeded brown sourdough toasted with butter and a slice of ham. I packed my smoothie and chicken and cabbage for lunch. Just as well i had something as i left my lunchbag in the car so have had nothing since 6.30am. Having lunch out now, its called a breakfast salad, a bowl of salad leaves with tomatoes and avocados. Topped with a poached egg, crispy bacon and black pudding. Ill avoid the tomato and its keto friendly. Then can have my lunch for dinner.

Last edited:
Yep having my lost lunch now. I did sone batch cooking at the weekend. I sliced chicken breasts in 2 and flattened a bit. Then tossed in dessicated coconut and curry powder then baked in the oven with some coconut oil. Have a good few frozen. Also made my usual chicken soup and a thai green curry with more green beans and courgette than chicken in it.
No exercise at all, cant stand or walk.

Ok day ended with food as mentioned, 4 squates dark chocolate, 2 paracetamol ans a hot water bottle. In bed now.

Ok... Ish today. I did start at 7am with brown toast and ham. Only having my breakfast smoothie now at middday. Its berries, alminds, flaxseed, cacoa, almind milk and water. Lunch will be 2.30pm, its homemade chicken and veg soup. Then in work until 7pm. I have emergency cheese if i need it. Think i will have fish fingers and spinach for dinner.
Starting a little later tomorrow so will try a 16 hour fast

Back