This is what i got in my fridge any ideas??

shell09

Silver Member
Hi guys so I'm roaming the recipe thread fir inspiration but all suggestions welcome

Basically I have half a large bns in the fridge that needs to be used up. What could I do with it as an idea to take for lunches to work

I also have peppers n chillies n potatoes (some left over roast pots and done raw new pots) n carrots

I have 1 leek that needs to be used half tin of beans and done plain cooked rice in the fridge

Lol what a predicament...... I have all the usual stuff too quork cottage cheese posata rice pasta noodles onions etc etc

Got eggs? Roasted BNS omelette with rice?
x

Ooh so quick you guys! Thanks! So just let me ask I found the recipe on here the other day for bns carrot and sweet potato soup I made it n found it awful!!!!! Lol now I've heard lots if good things about bns and red pepper soup is it anything like the other one as I may hate it :)

I used to make some kinda curry with bns but dint remember the recipe now......

Off to look at the bns and red pepper recipe :)

How about butternut squash soup with some beans if you have them (butter beans are perfect!) but on it's own otherwise.

Roast the bns until it's soft and browning

Fry off onions/leek with some garlic. Add the bns.

Add some veg stock (about 900ml for a whole bns) and a teaspoon each of ground cumin/coriander/paprika and a pinch of chilli. Simmer for a while and blitz to make it smooth then add beans if you have them.

My all time favourite soup! X

Mmmm sounds good n would kinda give me a super free lunch for the whole week! Decisions decisions lol either way looks like in making soup tonight :)

Butternut Squash Curry...........

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients
425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “very lazy” garlic
1tsp “very Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
1Kg chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
400g Chopped Tomatoes

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, ginger & garlic, cook for 7 mins.

Add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, with a lid on the pan, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken, cook for 20 mins or until chicken has been cooked through. Add garam masala 5 min before serving.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

ButternutSquashCurryLarge.jpg

I love butternut squash curry. I also do one with BNS and sweet potato, which is also brilliant. I always make too much so have to freeze at least 2 or 3 portions, which is brilliant when you're in a hurry for a quick meal.

Denise

You could roast the BNS with some other veg, carrot, onions etc and have it with cous cous and grilled chicken.
That curry looks lovely!

Back