This isnt a joke now, this is for my health and i am so scared!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Fatty_no_more, 14 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have been told i have to have a vein in my leg removed as its leaking cos i am so over weight. I have to go under general etc and have it taken out and then 3 weeks bedrest apparently.

I am re starting on friday as i can afford it now.

Any tips on seeing this through to the end?
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

no tips but want to wish you all the best.

4. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    thank you.
    How comes your movng over the SL?
    x

5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When are you having the op? I don't mean to be the barer of bad news but usually after having any op you need to stay off CD for 3 months (I'm facing this at the moment for a gallbladder removal).
    Hope it goes well for you though hun.xxx

6. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    not got the date yet. But hey if i can get down a few stone before the op then that would be great! i am thinking with the state of the nhs it will be a good few months at least.
    Doc said i hadd to loose weight for it so we will see.

Why do you have to stay off the CD when its so good for you?
    xx

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Oh - a long story really but basically, I've got too much stress in my life right now and all my attempts to lose what was 1 and half stone, led to me bingeing and putting on 1 and half stone. So I now have 3 stone to lose (2 minimum). Rather than keep repeating the pattern and risk putting more on, I'm trying to do something that allows me to maintain and if lucky lose the remainder of the weight. Who knows, I may be back on CD at some point. I have no idea.

Good luck to you. I know it is easy to say but try not to worry too much about your health. Instead, focus on the good you are now doing to improve it.

8. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    yea got a few obstcles n the way at moment like my cousins wedding on 19th August and a day out with my MIL2b in Late Aug but hey, i'll do it as i have to now!
    x

9. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's to do with your body needing the decent amount of calories to heal itself.

10. abz

abz Gold Member

good luck hon. now that you have an incentive you should find it easier to stick to plan. after all, nothing is more important than your health.

abz xx

11. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    exactly.
    My CDC just called and i nearly started crying to her telling her about it.
    Shes so lovely. Shes going on holiday tho for 17 days eeeeek so will have to buy all of them in advance. But hey i want to stay with her as shes lovely so will need your support guys through those first few weeks before i see her again!!!!
    x

12. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    I am surprised that your GP has put that problem with your vein entirely down to your weight. I can see you are aiming at losing 5.5 stone but you are not amazingly overweight. I've seen a lot of folk on here with a lot more to lose than you who have not been so unlucky with such a prob.
    I just feel that doctors and others are always very, very keen to put any and every health prob down to weight. It's not always true.

Anyway, good luck with your plan and your op!
    Love

13. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    When you are healing your body needs more protein so you should eat a healthy balanced diet.

You will need to wait three months then before doing CD again.

M.

14. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    thanks all.
    Yea doc was very stern about the weight thing!

:(

15. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Surgery is far less risky the less you weigh (within reason obviously). Some surgeons will put you on a high protein low fat low carb diet for a few weeks to get some weight off before the surgery.

I think you need to stay focused on the fact that you are going to recover alot better and alot quicker from the surgery with a bit of weight off. Also there is an increased risk of developing a dvt with long term bed rest, and having that extra weight while you are recovering will increase the risk - and thats that last thing you need!!!

You CAN do this - from someone who is now nearly 3 stone down who has failed at every diet attempt in the last 12 years, CD is the way forward :D

16. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

best of luck hun with the op :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.