This months Slimming World Magazine recipes.

urbancookie

So, has anyone done any of the Recipes out of this months Slimming Magazine yet?

Theres loads in there that id like to try.

Today ive done the Mushroom and Blue Cheese Steaks with Rosemary Potatoes and have to say we were both well impressed will definately be having that again.

Tomorrow were having Roast Cod with a Herb Crust, served with Tomatoes, Courgette and New Potatoes.

And later in the week im giving the Spicy Chicken Drumsticks with Homemade Coleslaw, SW Chip's and Beans a try.

Anyone else tried anything? and how did it taste?

not got mine yet :-( my consultants delivery was delayed last week pahhhhh!

Helen xxx

I really fancy trying the potatoes douphinoise, and the chicken and leek pie. The pea and mint soup looks yummy too.

The only issue I have with the magazine is that so many of the recipes are for EE - makes me feel a bit cheated as they all look so good but I don't want to go back to EE until I get to target!!

Well doing the potato gratan for me and hubby as he loves it and he is prepared to try a sw version of it. So he can have his with steak and urmm i'll have mine with some veggies. Plus osme of the green recipes in there i will be trying

I really fancy trying the potatoes douphinoise, and the chicken and leek pie. The pea and mint soup looks yummy too.

The only issue I have with the magazine is that so many of the recipes are for EE - makes me feel a bit cheated as they all look so good but I don't want to go back to EE until I get to target!!

I agree and not enough recipes for red days

I agree and not enough recipes for red days

Yep, it's easy enough to substitute meat for quorn to make recipes green friendly most of the time, but I find it really hard to come up with anything inspiring for an evening meal on red days :(

One of the readers letters at the beginning says that there aren't enough red and green day recipes, so they've said there will be more in the coming editions. There is a section of green recipes in there this month, but I think some of the EE recipes look absolutely delicious, so I'm giving it a go!

Had the spicy chicken ( used thighs ) chips beans and coleslaw and it was scrumptious even my OH rated it !!! Will be on next weeks menu

we had the minestrone soup a while ago.. it's in the "7 days to success" booklet that comes in the starter pack..
it's very nice, but don't use tinned ham, it's not lean and has syns.. :)

I made the lemon and garlic roast chicken bake for the family this weekend (pp 18-19 of the magazine), and we all thought it was fantastic.

Very easy to to and fairly quick. Preparing the vegetables takes a while, but that can always be done in advance. Some of the chicken thighs were quite big, so I cut them in half.

hope the mags are out in class this week, they were delayed last week:D

I joined a group last week and bought some books and a magazine - it wasn't until I got home that I realised the magazine was for Jan/Feb 10!!! Thought that was a bit of a swizz!!!

I joined a group last week and bought some books and a magazine - it wasn't until I got home that I realised the magazine was for Jan/Feb 10!!! Thought that was a bit of a swizz!!!

Don't worry, means you get a whole new magazine this week!

Personally I think they're worth every penny!

Am doing SW from home and so get lots of ideas/inspiration from the magazines. Shame they are only out every two months tho. Can't wait to get my new one but as someone said before, I'd prefer more ideas for red/green. But hey, I get so many ideas and help here that that is not really a problem :D

There seems to be loads of great stuff in the mag this month, and more recipes that ever, quite looking forward to trying some of them this week! xxxxxx

Back