This time I will stick to it....

marooncat

This must be my 101 time for starting a food diary on this site and in that time I have been in most of the forums, WW, SW etc. I got engaged in January this year and we are getting married in March next year and I have put on a stone since we got engaged :(. I am now 3 stone 3lb from the weight I would like to be when we get married (which is still about 4 stone above my ideal weight but I will worry about that when I get to the first target)

I have given myself the kick up the bum I needed and realised one of the causes of this is not planning ahead so turning up at work with no lunch, saying I will go to Boots to get a Shaper meal but then being to busy and ending up with something very high caloried from the canteen or not having any idea what I am having for dinner till I get home.

Therefore I have challenged myself that I sit and fill in a food diary on MFP the night before AND get my lunch organised so I just have to grab it from the fridge. I did this last night and just sat at my desk and made a salad on the plastic plate i had bought in for that purpose which was nice and I think by doing that it is going to be more of a "meal". I normally try and go for a walk at lunchtime but have quite a few meetings today so not going to make it.

I "started again" yesterday so this is day 2, day 1 final diary is at the bottom of this post.

DAY 2
Tuesday 5th

Breakfast 431 cal
Graze Cereal Bag with strawberry yogurt drink instead of milk
Fruit - Tropical ColdPina Colada (pineapple and orange)

Lunch 385 cal
Salad - Gammon, boiled egg, cucumber, tomato, green bean, salad leaves, beetroot
Carrot Battons

Dinner 464 cal
Salmon, New tatties and beans
Shape Rhubarb Crumble yoghurt

Snack 205 cal
Graze Punnet
Carrot Battons
Half Melon

DAY 1
Monday 4th
Allowance 1540
Total eaten 1529
Total exercise 705
Balance 716

Breakfast 264 cal
Porridge and Milk

Lunch 427 cal
Soup & Bread

Dinner 479 cal
Gammon, rice, beans and courgettes

Snacks 262 cal
Graze Popcorn
Half a melon
Carrot Battons

Exercise 705 cal
30 mins swimming (1000m, 40 lengths)
45 mins gym (20 mins treadmill, 10 min cross trainer, 15 mins weights)

That is me just heading to bed (as I can feel the "boredom eating" about to start). I went out for a 40 min walk tonight, was glad my other half wanted to watch something on telly so I could do a power walk which got me 344 cals, which is just as well as I made a bit of a boobo when weighting out a bowl of Granola for my supper and had more than I was planning to eat, but still under for the day.

I have my breakfast and lunch ready for tomorrow, going for some Warburton Thins with filling as I think my body missed "carbs" as I was starving this afternoon.

DAY 2
Tuesday 5th
Allowance 1540
Total eaten 1745
Total exercise 344
Balance 139

Breakfast 431 cal
Graze Cereal Bag with strawberry yogurt drink instead of milk

Lunch 385 cal
Salad - Gammon, boiled egg, cucumber, tomato, green bean, salad leaves, beetroot
Carrot Battons

Dinner 464 cal
Salmon, New tatties and beans

Snack 550 cal
Graze Punnet
Half Melon
Fruit & Nut Granola & semi skimmed milk

Morning all

Here is my meal plan for today, I am currently 33cals over my daily allowance but even if I do not manage to do any exercise today will be happy with that.

I am feeling quite posative about things today and that I can do it this time.....

DAY 2
Tuesday 5th

Breakfast 340 cal
Tesco Fruit & Nut Granola with strawberry yogurt drink instead of milk

Lunch 563 cal (I am unlikely to have dinner till about 9pm tonight so the plan is to have one of the thins late afternoon)
3 x Warburton This with Gammon and cucumber
Cherry Tomatoes
Carrot Battons

Dinner 474 cal
Peri Peri Chicken, New tatties and beans

Snack 196 cal
Carrot Battons
Half Melon & Pineapple

Hi - welcome to calorie counting - glad you are feeling positive - that is the way to go. :)

Thanks Systema..

Managed to get away from my desk for 20 mins for a walk which has given me 147 exercise calories which seems quite high. I did 1.30 miles in 21.34 mins

Today didnt quite end up as planned as had to work late but still under my allowance.

Tomorrows meals are all sorted out and in the fridge ready to go

DAY 2
Wednesday 6th
Allowance 1540
Total eaten 1686
Total exercise 146
Balance 125

Breakfast 340 cal

Lunch 407 cal
2 x Warburton This with Gammon and cucumber
Cherry Tomatoes
Carrot Battons

Dinner 474 cal
Peri Peri Chicken, New tatties and beans

Snacks 340cal
Graze box - Sour Cream and Garlic Crostini
Graze Popcorn
200g Pineapple

Exercise 146 cal
Walk 1.30 miles in 21.34 mins

Afternoon - Had a morning from h*ll at work but pleased to say still on track eatting wise and made my lunchtime walk..

Dinner is a guestimate as the chilli is one I had in the freezer and no idea of calories so used one from MFP.

DAY 4
Thursday 7th
Breakfast 291 cal
Graze Granola with strawberry yogurt drink instead of milk

Lunch 492 cal 2
2x Warburton Thins with Gammon and cucumber
Carrot Battons
Boiled Egg
Graze chipotle dip

Dinner 464 cal
Chilli and rice

Snack
TBC

That is day 4 finished and despite having a nightmare of a day still on track. I was in Asda tonight and managed to resist buying a bar of chocolate, I did munch my way through a whole box of grapes which might have been more calaries than a Mars bar but I feel the better choice!

DAY 4
Thursday 7th
Allowance 1540
Total eaten 1647
Total exercise 318
Balance 211

Breakfast 291 cal
Graze Granola with strawberry yogurt drink instead of milk

Lunch 492 cal 2
Carrot Battons
Boiled Egg
Graze chipotle dip

Dinner 514 cal
Chilli and rice and mixed veg

Snack 350 cal
Grapes

Exercise 318 cal
Walk 50 mins

Another busy day at work with lunch being eaten whilst working. This was a typical day when I would have ended up getting something from the canteen but no I had my thins :) The one good thing is that when I am busy I dont eat stuff..

DAY 4
Thursday 7th
Breakfast 406 cal

Lunch 518 cal
2 x Low Low Cheese Slice
4 Slices Ham
Carrot Battons
Banana

Dinner 583 cal
Chicken, Rice and green beans
2 x Flat Peaches

Snack 271 cal
Grapes and Pineapple

Exercise
About to head out to the gym so hopefully 30 min CV and 15 mins gym

That is today finished, will be weighing myself tomorrow morning after 5 days calorie counting and am feeling very very nervous about it as I am feeling so posative about things at the moment and if the scales are not kind to me in the morning I am scared that I will lose my motivation.

Week 1
Allowance 7,770
Total eaten 8,853
Total exercise 1,975
Weekly balance 892

DAY 5
Friday 8th
Allowance 1540
Total eaten 1871
Total exercise 462
Balance 131

Breakfast 406 cal

Lunch 518 cal
2 x Low Low Cheese Slice
4 Slices Ham
Carrot Battons
Banana

Dinner 583 cal
Chicken, Rice and green beans
2 x Flat Peaches

Snack 364 cal
Grapes and Pineapple
Graze punnet

Exercise
30 min CV and 15 mins weights

My starting weight must have been wrong (I had had a large curry the night before) as the scales showed a loss of 10lb this morning :eek:. Not complaining but dont think it is a true reflection of 5 days dieting!! MFP has reduced my daily calories to 1480 which I feel is far to low for the amount I have to loose but not sure if I can change it as if I reduce my loss to 1lb a week it gives me 1710 a day that I think is high.

As i was late up this morning I did not have breakfast so meals today have been Brunch, Dinner and Snacks

Brunch - 634 cal
Fry up - toast, baked beans, sausages, bacon, egg

Dinner 716 cal
Baked Peri Peri tortilla wraps

Snacks 262 cal
Pineapple and a glass of wine

Back