This time the weight HAS to go.

Astrawave

Well, I am 55 this year, and really need to get this weigh off, for aesthetic reasons and health. Not getting any younger or thinner as the year go on.
My ideal weight would be around 10st. So in total have about 10 to lose.
I began by following the online blogs for SW and a friend helping me by advising on the syn values.
Thus far it has worked.

Start date 01/04/2016

Starting weight 288.8lbs 100lbs to go
08/04 2016 - 3.3lbs
16/04/2016 - 2.9lbs
23/04/2016 - 2.9lbs

:sw007:

Just popping in to say hi :) well done on the weight losses so far, I joined minimums yesterday but already I can see there is loads of support :) hope this week goes well for you. Do you go to groups or are you weighing in at home?

Just popping in to say hi :) well done on the weight losses so far, I joined minimums yesterday but already I can see there is loads of support :) hope this week goes well for you. Do you go to groups or are you weighing in at home?

Hi Erniie,

Just weighing in at home. I have Fibro, and cannot walk very far, so I am just following the diet as best I can and logging what I eat/weigh at home.

Sad to report my loss this week was very little. Just 1/2 a pound.:(
But this is a new week and I can work harder to get more off next week. :p

This week has been difficult for a number of reasons. Here in UK, the weather had turned really cold and when it's cold, my joints and bones are very sore.
Making movement really painful.
I began the week really good, (Saturday - Saturday) but had a birthday party to attend on Saturday night, my Grandson's 4th. My S-i-L is a chef and he makes the most amazing meals, ( all very tempting, but un fortunately high fat content.)
SO on Sunday, once the weather turned, all I wanted to do or eat was comfort foods, lots of mashed potato, roasted potato, and I was craving chocolate. But, I DON'T even like chocolate.
Anyway, I resisted the temptation to eat potato crisps,( which I love more than anything else) but I did have some peanuts, now I realise they are too calorific, there will be no more!
Monday - Friday, breakfast was either poached eggs(2) on either toast or a toasted soda, no butter just salt & pepper or 35g from my HEb choice with coconut milk with lots of mixed fruit mixed in.
Lunch was varying but mostly crispbreads with either my quota of cheese or tuna hummus mix with cucumber slices on top.
Dinner was mostly stirfry ( Monday) Baked potato(Tuesday) Salad (Wednesday) Meatballs in pasta(Thursday) & Oven roasted chips with sausages & eggs fried with 1cal spray. I used mostly just 1-2 sprays any more and I have to count them in my syn values.
My snacks were only in the evening
Either Snack-a-Jacks or Go Ahead bars or Alpen light bars where I counted them as syn value.

So I can only put my little loss this week down to not moving too much, compared with the previous weeks, when the weather was nice and I was in and out.
Movement with Fibro is hard, I know some people with it are really fit and can move really well, but I am not one of them. This has been the main reason to lose weight, to try and get my life back.
When I was younger, late 70's I weight trained, something women didn't do much, I was very active, swimming, and walking for miles, some weeks walking aorund 50 miles, once my kiddes came along, a lot of that was given up, and with that up went the weight.

Still this is a new week and a new opportunity to lose more weight.
Onwards and upwards.:D

Last edited:
A loss is a loss it's all going in the right direction, even if sometimes you think it's going really slowly it all adds up :)

Another week down, and pleased with another loss.
Not as much as I'd hoped, but was unwell towards the weekend. But 2lb off is still a good loss.
Spent yesterday hobbling around Ikea with my eldest daughter and my three grandchildren, I was very good at the cafe and only had a cheese salad with wheaten bread.
Keeping track of what I eat, really helps me see what foods work best and what does not.
My old mindset would have though, eat little loss much, but in fact for me the opposite works best.
My second and third weeks, I had missed my midday meal, for different reasons, not being at home, and not having time to eat among my varied reasons.
But this week just past, I was home all week, had a good breakfast, lunch and a low syn day all week.

Breakfast on alternative days
35g of Shreaded Wheat minis
30-50g of assorted fruits, ( raspberries, pineapple, strawberries and grapes)
75-100ml of almond milk from my allotted allowance of 1 ltr.
Coffee with 1 sweetner and 5ml of milk
1sl wholemeal toast ( no butter)
3 slices of trimmed bacon
2 soft poached eggs
Salt & pepper
And coffee as above

Lunch on most days was a selection of
tuna & homemade hummus on Ryvita or plain Rice crackers
with cucumber & salt on top
or a single dairylea triangle divided between 2 rice crackers/Ryvitas and some tomato on top
Tea with no sugar and 5mls of milk.

Dinner was greatly varied
Always 250 grams of protein ( chicken, fish, or beef)
A large ( about 300g) salad, no dressing
OR a baked potato with 1 slice of low low cheese melted on top
OR a variety of mixed veg.

my snacks all week were saved till late evening and were a choice of
2 Caramel Snack-a Jacks (2.5syns)
or
1 Go ahead bar pack(3 slim biscuits inside) (2 syns)
or Alpen lite bars (3 syns)
Other snacks were consumed were fruits and carrot/celery sticks/some dates/dried figs.

I think if I were to do some form of exercise I might lose more per week, but walking/standing is very painful without medication and I try not to take meds during the day unless I really have to. But doing some decorating/and cleaning certainly is moving my upperbody.

6 weeks in today and my weigh in has left me rather down in the mouth.
I stuck rigidly to my eating plan and yet gained 2oz !
I hear you cry only 2oz... but when you see the scale start to rise on your phone app, instead of fall, it does take the enthusiasm out of things a bit.
The weather here has been great, good salad-y weather, but I was feeling under the weather with a bad head cold, and having eaten out at a friends house, where she used yogurt in the salad dressing, my allergy to milk proteins & sugars kicked in with another bout of stuffy headedness and aching limbs ( my symptoms) making me want something comforting like a big bowl of chips or a bag of crisps.
Then there were the two days in which I only consumed fruit, in truth a whole watermelon, instead of lunch, so I guess missing a meal is not the way to go to lose weight, as the metabolism needs fuel to perform at peak.

Still there is always next week......I hope.

Victory is mine, 1.6lbs off this week, not as much as I'd hoped for, but a loss is a loss.
I will be re-visiting the diet of the weeks I lost more and repeat them to see if the loss is also repeated.

Really pleased that I managed a loss, though sticking to the regime more this week that other weeks, and my loss is still a bit lower than I'd like.

weight.png
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Update on yesterdays weigh in.. having weighed again today
I am now 4ounces of a stone

This has been a tough week, not really had much time to think about weight loss, have lost, ( finally a stone !)
But even though I've been keeping on track, I haven't been online much.
:sw007: :sw014:

Weight in day am pleased to say another 2.2lbs has been shed, I don't want to say lost, as it give the impression I want to find it again... I don't ;)

Really pleased that in this great weather, I have been more active in power washing the back area and side driveway, ( before the hose exploded) and then on another day managed to cut the grass. Go Me !:D

So although it's not as much as I wanted, I am pleased with it. On wards and upwards.

Whoo hoo another loss again this week,

Back