Those of you who had a lot to loose/fast losers

bethibobshobnobs

How much did you need to loose and how long did it take you? If your comfortable with it- would be great to know what you weighed when you started.

I am doing Slimming World for the zillionth time. Lost 6.5 first week, 5.5 last week and hoping for 3/4 this week. Naturally I know it is going to slow down but I really want to loose 10 stone by September (I started at 20st something- haven't got my book on me)

Is it do-able? What did you all do to loose your weight?

bethibobshobnobs said:
How much did you need to loose and how long did it take you? If your comfortable with it- would be great to know what you weighed when you started.

I am doing Slimming World for the zillionth time. Lost 6.5 first week, 5.5 last week and hoping for 3/4 this week. Naturally I know it is going to slow down but I really want to loose 10 stone by September (I started at 20st something- haven't got my book on me)

Is it do-able? What did you all do to loose your weight?

I set out 18 months ago, with the intention of losing 10 stone in 2 years. I've lost 8 stone so far, so hopefully I'll achieve my goal. I did it by calorie counting. The recommended rate at which to lose weight is 1-2lbs a week if you want to do it healthily and keep it off, so in 9 months I'd say, realistically, to look at losing up to about 6 stone if you want to be able to maintain it and also not have a lot of loose skin. :) xx

TracyGWill said:
I set out 18 months ago, with the intention of losing 10 stone in 2 years. I've lost 8 stone so far, so hopefully I'll achieve my goal. I did it by calorie counting. The recommended rate at which to lose weight is 1-2lbs a week if you want to do it healthily and keep it off, so in 9 months I'd say, realistically, to look at losing up to about 6 stone if you want to be able to maintain it and also not have a lot of loose skin. :) xx

Oh, and starting weight of 21.5 stone. :) xx

Congratulations...you are doing awesome!

I started slimming world Jan 2012
Start weight 20 St 3 lbs
Current weight 13st 2lb
Total loss 7 St 1lb

My only advice is take it stone by stone and don't loss to much to fast for 3 reasons 1. They say losing weight to quickly often suggests that it won't be maintained and 2 . your brain takes a long time catching up with your weight loss and there fore can cause a lot of emotional strain and finally 3. Losing weight to quick can cause a lot of loose skin .

I didn't know if you were referring to me ?!
I have lost 7 stone, my stomach still has fat so loose skin isn't and bad as it could be..
This may be a bit crude but wen I started dieting my stomach hung nearly at my knees ... Now it has come back up only hangs about 2 inches x hope this helps x

I used that for a long time and then one day something just clicked and I done it ! Whatever way we look at it there will always be something we don't like about our body's but being healthier is always the better road to choose.
Exercise always helps .... I just need to find my motivation for that again ! Good luck on your journey once you start losing your never look back . Xxx

same with me it just clicked, i couldnt fit into my bfs jeans and i started crying because they used to fit and then i just realised i need to lose the weight this time
i just keep that memory of me standing in his jeans ashamed in front of him crying and remember it when i feel less motivated or i forget why im really doing this
motivation is the key

Hey mine was only being able to buy clothes in shops for bigger people and the looks I got for being big ... Which I pretended I didn't see or that I didn't care you know the famous big bubbly loud front you hide behind... Deep down I did although I carried my weight off quite well as I dressed to my size and covered up it still hurt .
But now I can shop anywhere and not just fit in the socks !!!!
I often question why I didn't start earlier with the weight loss .... I think it was the thought of failing .... But I'm happy that I have eventually done it =)
Xxxx

i first started losing weight last year and just remember standing in the changing room in newlook trying on a pair of elastic waist jegging things in like a size 22 and they were really tight and i just thought i am not buying any more this size ever again
we all have that front we put on for people im the exact same around friends im the life of the party but its mostly a facade

New year new me is my moto now :D

Yep even the inspire clothes was getting to tight for me I was easily pushing a size 28 and I refused to get bigger ... Now I'm a 14 - 16 never going back up only down !!! Saying that it is depressing clothes shopping sometimes as the sizing measurement are awful !!! Same new year new me I just got to learn to stop concentrating on the negative as aspects of my body and love the good ! X

bethibobshobnobs said:
How much did you need to loose and how long did it take you?

What did you all do to loose your weight?

I started a VLCD on March 24th 2012 (weight was 15 stone 9.3 lb). I did it for 16 weeks and lost 39.3 lb but then I gave up and in my 9 weeks off plan I regained 19.3 lb :(. I just couldn't face doing the VLCD again so decided to try JUDDD (totally thinking it was too good to be true and I wouldn't lose weight on it). I've now been JUDDDing for 16 weeks and I have lost 21.3 lb, so it does work.

I've gone from 15 stone 9.3 lb down to 12 stone 10 lb and I am so glad, I haven't been this weight in about 4 years. I still have 2 stone 3 lb to go and hope to do that by this summer.

I am so happy I've finally found a plan that I can stick to and do not feel deprived!

Back