Thought Id Better Come Back....Who as 10st ++ to lose!!!

xxtannyxx

i will be slim
Hi all I am Tanya.

I used to be a member quite a few years ago and did pretty well at losing weight even though I did not lose it all.

Well unfortunately I gained back all my weight and more and now start heavier then I was
:(

I am doing the slimming world diet , red days, green days and extra easy.

I would like to hear from anyone who has a lot of weight to lose like me over 14st ( for starters)
:eek:

Anyway looking forward to speaking with you all soon.

xxx

Hiya,

My name is also Tanya, and I have about 12 stone to lose. Been away from the forum for a while but I'm doing Slimming world also. Been at it for about 13 weeks (got married and had honeymoon etc in those weeks) but lost 13lb in that time. Good luck on your journey! My advice would be to stay to group, especially on those weeks where you want to cry and go home. I'm lucky that I have a very supportive group so hope yours is too! Feel free to PM me :) xxx

Hi all I am Tanya.

I used to be a member quite a few years ago and did pretty well at losing weight even though I did not lose it all.

Well unfortunately I gained back all my weight and more and now start heavier then I was
:(

I am doing the slimming world diet , red days, green days and extra easy.

I would like to hear from anyone who has a lot of weight to lose like me over 14st ( for starters)
:eek:

Anyway looking forward to speaking with you all soon.

xxx

Hi and welcome back! I didn't have 10 stone to lose but I'm very close to target - just four pounds or so to go. I lost 7 stone then put on 7.5 stone and am now down 7 again.

Just wanted to say that there is a chap on one online group who has lost an amazing 20 stone in about a year. So don't let the amount you have to lose put you off.

Concentrate on half a stone at a time and give yourself non-food rewards for other landmarks such as moving form one stone to another, club 10 (and invented club 20, 30 etc) as well as the usual half stone and stone awards. That way you will only every be a few pounds away from the next rewards. Its very motivating whereas its easy to be overwhelmed by the scale of the challenge when you have a lot to lose :)

Close enough, ive got 9 stone to lose :(.. Yeah i agree with tazzy21, best to to stay to group even if you've put on.. and if you have a bad week the worst thing to do is not go to group at all. Ive done that in the past and my bad week has turned into a bad month.. Everyone is in the same boat and we'll all help you when you feel down and we'll be here to congratulate you when you've done great :) I went to sw about 3 years ago and was 18st7lb and i got down to 13st7lb so a loss of 5 stone.. then i went on holiday and ruined it all and put the 5 stone back on plus another 2 stone :( oh well im here and ive got this forum this time for extra support :)

Hi all I am Tanya. I used to be a member quite a few years ago and did pretty well at losing weight even though I did not lose it all. Well unfortunately I gained back all my weight and more and now start heavier then I was :( I am doing the slimming world diet , red days, green days and extra easy. I would like to hear from anyone who has a lot of weight to lose like me over 14st ( for starters) :eek: Anyway looking forward to speaking with you all soon. xxx

Hi Tanya
I'm back to slimming world today I joined a class last night. I have 10st to lose.
Good luck with your journey maybe we could help each other along x

Hey Tazzy, Ghostie and Patchwork and Kelly nice to hear from you all.

I am glad I am not the only one facing this big task ahead.

What days do you all prefer to do? If you are doing slimming world.

Well done on all your weight losses, Its great to see when people are doing well.

It be good to share tips and help each other through and good and bad.

This time round I find it harder than ever and I have no idea why.

I seem to lose weight quickly.....well the first few stone and then go off it ....its the story of my life.

I need to do it this time round... I am not getting any younger and am starting to feel the pain the weight has on me.

Anyway enough of the negative stuff.

Lets all help each other.

well like i said everyone knows what your going through cuz their going through it too or been through it :).. i weigh in on a monday night :).. have you decided what day your going to weigh in on yet? :) we'll help you through all the stones not the just the first few.. we can do it together :)

I weigh in on Wednesday I have lost 13lb so far but that was since July so not brilliant, been off and on. I keep rejoining, but least I am still lighter in 3 or so months than heavier.

But am determined now.

How you finding it Ghostie?

Hi Tanya. Have you been on the WEMITTs section of this forum? It's specifically for people with a lot to lose, regardless of what plan they're on. You'll find it under Slimming Clubs. It's really supportive. I'm not on SW, but I started with 10 stone to lose - 9 down, one to go lol. Good luck with your efforts. :) xx

Hi Tracy no I did not know that but am glad you have told me now ;)

You have done fantastic 9 stone wow, I bet you feel amazing.

I weigh in on Wednesday I have lost 13lb so far but that was since July so not brilliant, been off and on. I keep rejoining, but least I am still lighter in 3 or so months than heavier.

But am determined now.

How you finding it Ghostie?
Im finding it great.. well ive lost it all before and ive put it all back on but this is the 2nd and last time :) i didnt go to weigh in last week as i had to work so this monday im hoping to lose more than usual as i havent been weighed for two weeks :) You'll be fine with support on here.. and 13lbs off is better than 13lbs on :) keep it up.. im here if you need help/advice :)

Thanks Ghostie it means alot, i hope we can help each other.

What things do you struggle with?

Mines Friday and Saturday nights as I crave takeaways and beer lol. I have tried to swap it for wine or voddie and S.W chicken tikka masala which helps

Thanks Ghostie it means alot, i hope we can help each other.

What things do you struggle with?

Mines Friday and Saturday nights as I crave takeaways and beer lol. I have tried to swap it for wine or voddie and S.W chicken tikka masala which helps
Well we're told to use our syns everyday but i dont, i find if i use my syns to have one chocolate bar or bag of crisps i cant stop lol i end up having 5 bags of crisps and 5 chocolate bars lol. So i save all my syns up for monday nights and get a take away.. its always worked for me, and it keeps me motivated cuz ive got something to look forward to at the end of my week :) and of course we'll help eachother :bighug:Slimming world buddies!! haha

I am the same i do not have them everyday i save them and have one night where i have more and it always worked for me to. I need something to look forward to otherwise it is pointless.

You need a treat or you'll go mad :)

xxtannyxx said:
Hi Tracy no I did not know that but am glad you have told me now ;)

You have done fantastic 9 stone wow, I bet you feel amazing.

Thank you! Yes, it does feel pretty good I have to say. It's definitely a case of if I can do it anyone can, believe me, lol. Just need to lose this last pesky bit to get down to a healthy BMI, but it doesn't want to shift very fast now! I hope you get lots of motivation and support on here, it really does help. :) xx

Hey Tazzy, Ghostie and Patchwork and Kelly nice to hear from you all.

I am glad I am not the only one facing this big task ahead.

What days do you all prefer to do? If you are doing slimming world.

Well done on all your weight losses, Its great to see when people are doing well.

It be good to share tips and help each other through and good and bad.

This time round I find it harder than ever and I have no idea why.

I seem to lose weight quickly.....well the first few stone and then go off it ....its the story of my life.

I need to do it this time round... I am not getting any younger and am starting to feel the pain the weight has on me.

Anyway enough of the negative stuff.

Lets all help each other.

Hello,

I agree its so lovely to know we are all in the same boat together, it does seem a bit daunting to think of the total weight to lose but as PatchworkPuss says it is better to focus on a stone or half a stone at a time. I tend to fluctuate in my motivation to succeed, although I desperately want to lose weight I seem to sabotage myself by eating rubbish, group does help and the support of all the lovely people on here too :) I think planning your food for the week helps. What are everyone's favourite SW meals?? I think mine is mushy pea curry.

On a separate note, I wonder if someone could help me a bit. I've been following SW loosely, having about 15-19 syns a day and one meal out in the week and still losing for a few weeks (2-4lbs). About 3 weeks ago I was absolutely determined to do it, was 100 percent, didn't slip over the syns and...maintained. I then thought 'no I'm still going to crack on' so had another 'perfect' week and lost 1lb (still very happy with it, a lb is a lb!) but I just felt really demotivated. Two weeks of being 100 percent and one pound lost. I just wondered if it works better if you have slightly more syns? do I just need to eat more free food? I've had a rubbish week this week because I feel confused and not really knowing what I'm doing anymore with it. Anyone got any ideas? I'm also of the mindset that because I am so big I should be having big losses, but maybe I just don't have big losses :(

Anyway, sorry to rattle on, Hope everyone is having a good day so far xxx

Last edited:
Well tazzy what I think is that sometimes when you are too good and dont have as many syns your body does not have much to work with. Through past experience that always happens to me. Ive had weeks where I have been 100% and either stay the same or loose like a pound. I think our bodys need a intake of fat to start our systems working. Id say always fill up on free food eat as much as you want I do. And have a trat say on weigh day or every other it will give your system a boost and will burn it off quicker. The more you have to lose the bigger then losses at the beginning. Remember also some weeks you may hold more water or lose inches not necessary the pounds on the scales. I hope this makes sense tazzy but dont feel disappointed on them weeks. Chin up you can do it. Xx

Well tazzy what I think is that sometimes when you are too good and dont have as many syns your body does not have much to work with. Through past experience that always happens to me. Ive had weeks where I have been 100% and either stay the same or loose like a pound. I think our bodys need a intake of fat to start our systems working. Id say always fill up on free food eat as much as you want I do. And have a trat say on weigh day or every other it will give your system a boost and will burn it off quicker. The more you have to lose the bigger then losses at the beginning. Remember also some weeks you may hold more water or lose inches not necessary the pounds on the scales. I hope this makes sense tazzy but dont feel disappointed on them weeks. Chin up you can do it. Xx

Thanks Tanny that seems to make sense to me. I do agree that having the occasional treat meal/evening does help weight loss. Obviously as time goes on and get slimmer, I think the odd treat night may not work. Can I ask if you do any body magic at all?

xxx

Hows everyone been today? ive had 6 pieces of bacon in different meals ect with the fat off (of course) ;).. hope that doesnt effect my weigh in on monday lol.. Im on red days so should be okay.. Hope you had a good day :)

Back