Throwing myself into SW - food diary

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Just find it easier to keep track of meals if I post on this site....

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix, 100mls semi-skimmed milk

Mid-Morning: Banana

Lunch: Asda Ham (1 pathetic slice) & Egg (1 pathetic egg) salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato), small tin of tuna in springwater with 2 TBSP of Kraft garlic & herb dressing (2 syns)

Dinner: Tray of Asda roasted veg (7 for the whole thing, wont be doing that again), jacket sweet potato and 1 tbsp of Kraft dressing (1 syn)

Later... 150mls semi skimmed milk and a chicken mugshot (2.5 syn)

Last edited:
Day 2

Breakfast: Skipped

Lunch: Sweet n Sour mugshot (free) with an apple, pear and satsuma.

Evening meal: Crustless Quiche (with bacon, onion and mushroom), sweetcorn and SW chips (using cheese as a HE)

Snacks; Coconut mullerlight, 2 x Alpen Light bars (HE), McVities mint chocolate biscuit bar (8 syns),

Late on: Pack of mussels (at their sell-by date), pear

Did my first full weekly shop after a meal plan last night so am pretty much stocked up now.

Last edited:
Day 3

Breakfast: Bacon, scrambled eggs, mushroom, brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch: Leftover Quiche & SW chips

Dinner: Leg of Lamb, Smash, cabbage, carrots, yorkshire pud (2 syns), gravy (2 syns)

Snacks & Healthy Extras: Sharon fruit x 2, banana, mint temptations biscuits bar (8 syns), 250 mls semi-skimmed milk (used in Smash) and 2 x Weetabix with a muller yoghurt poured over

Very annoyed with the app and my stupid self. Bought a boil-in-the-bag lamb joint in Aldi and checked the syns on my app which I thought was 7 for the pack, but when I have double checked it on laptop, it's 11.5 just for one half! So I've given it to DH for his tea and I'm just having plain leg of lamb.

Last edited:
Day 4

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Leftover Sunday lunch (4 syns), mint temptation bar (8 syns)

Mid-afternoon: pear, satsuma, apple

Dinner: Sweet potato, cottage cheese, gammon

Healthy extras: 175ml whole milk, 2 weetabix

Day 5

Breakfast: Banana, apple, pear, satsuma

Lunch: Tomato Pasta n Sauce, tin of tuna

Dinner: Salmon fillet with roasted courgette, tomato and mushroom with Kraft dressing over the top (2 syns).

Snacks: cherry muller, 2 x alpen lights, breakaway (5 syns), 3 seafood sticks, 175ml whole milk

Last edited:
Day 6

Lunch: Curry loaf (1.5 syns as the rice used wasn't a free one)

Dinner: Chicken breast, Slimming World Chips, Kraft dressing (2 syns)

Snacks: Muller, apple, pear, banana, seafood sticks, breakaway (5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 7 (weigh-in tonight - will update this post if anyone is interested)

Breakfast: Banana, 2 x pears, 1 x apple

Lunch: 1 x mugshots

Dinner: 2 x rashers bacon, 3 x boiled eggs with brown sauce (1 syn)

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 2 x alpen light bars, 30g cheddar, Breakaway (5 syns), Muller, grapes, strawberries, leftover curry loaf

I have been deliberately keeping my first week basic and boring (although everything has been delicious) so next week I will add in two new meals that I can also make for the whole family. There are some nice recipes in the freebie leaflets that came with the Daily Mirror and my mum has been saving for me.

I also worry that I may not be having enough super free with my main meals, so plan to rectify that next week.

DH also got really snotty with me last night because he refuses to believe that on a diet one can eat as much as I have been doing these past couple of days and he thinks "being supportive" = making snidey little remarks like "should you be eating that?" and rolling his eyes in a disinterested way when I try to explain about free and super free

3.5lbs off

Last edited:
Day 8

Lunch: Jacket sweet potato, cottage cheese, prawns, salad, 1tbs sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns), kraft (2 syns)

Mid afternoon snack: Pear, apple, satsuma x 2, grapes

Dinner: mugshot

Late evening binge: 2 x alpen light bars, breakaway, muller (5 syns) - whoops, forgot to have my healthy A

Last edited:
Day 9

Lunch: Sweet jacket potato, salad, prawns, cottage cheese, kraft (2 syns) with 30g cheddar

Dinner: Lamb, gammon, cauli, sprouts, sweet potato, gravy (1 syn), yorkshire pud (2 syn)

Snacks & healthy extras: 2 x alpen, breakaway (5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 10

Not a good day today as I know I haven't had enough to eat but I'm not feeling so good. I hope it doesn't stall my weight loss.

Breakfast:
Nothing

Late afternoon: apple, pear, satsuma. Bowl of Weetabix with whole milk

Dinner: Batchelors Sweet chilli rice

Snacks:
kitkat (5.5 syns) and a packet of Aldi's knock-off skips (4 syns)

Last edited:
Day 11

Lunch: Sweet Potato with Asda meat free Mexican Chilli over the top (this was really nice, the mexican chilli was out of a packet from Asda, just add water, enough for 2 portions for 74p - will definitely have this again)

Mid Afternoon: 2 x satsuma, 1 pear, 1 apple

Dinner: Chicken breast, packet of Asda lemon pepper savoury rice (2 syns), tomato and mushroom

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 2 alpen light, muller, skips (4 syns), kit-kat (5.5 syns)

BAH. Completely forgot to have my healthy A again.

Last edited:
Day 12

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta

Lunch: Mugshot noodles

Dinner: Thai Prawn Coconut Curry (wish me luck on this one, it's a recipe out of a magazine) - 2 syns

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 175mls whole milk, muller, 2 x pear, 2 x satsuma, breakaway (5 syns), skips (4 syns), 2 alpen lights, banana, seafood sticks

(If anyone is reading this, I can confirm the Thai Coconut curry is bloody delicious)

Item

200ml reduced fat coconut milk

200ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp Ginger

1 tbsp soy sauce

350g large prawns

Stir-Fry

200g Mangetout

350g dried rice

Fresh herbs

1. Cook the rice according to the packet and drain well
  2. Put the coconut milk, stock, ginger and soy sauce in a large pan. Stir over a low heat for 4-5 minutes.
  3. Rinse the prawns, drain and add to the sauce. Add the stir-fry vegetables and mangetout. Increase the heat and cook, stirring for 3 minutes until the prawns are pink all over and the curry is piping hot.
  4. Mix the Coriander into
  5. the rice and serve in shallow bowls with the curry

Last edited:
Day 13

Breakfast: Pear, tangerine, apple

Lunch: Leftover Thai Prawn Coconut Curry (2 syns)

Dinner: Having a go at 'diet coke chicken' (I think it's free)

Snacks: 2 x babybel (keep forgetting to have the glass of whole milk), 2 x alpen lights, muller, mugshot, breakaway (5 syns), skips (4 syns), glass of dilute vimto (1 syn)

Feels like I'll be eating loads today - hope I've lost some weight at the scales tomorrow.

Diet coke chicken was a disaster - it was meant to taste of BBQ but it just tasted like Gravy. Won't be doing it again...

Last edited:
Day 14

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta, banana

Lunch; Mugshot noodles, apple, pear, tangerine

Dinner: Linda McCartney sausages x 3, frozen veg, gravy (2 syn) with 1tbsp mint sauce (1 syn)

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 17g bag seabrooks crisps (5), wotsits (4.5), 30g cheddar, 2 x alpen lights

Week 2 weigh in 4lbs off (7.5lbs in total)
SLIMMER OF THE WEEK

Last edited:
Day 15

Lunch: Jacket sweet potato with half a pack of Asda meat free Mexican chilli poured over the top.

Dinner: Nothing (full of cold)

Snacks & Healthy Extras: 2 x baby bel, apple, pear, satsuma, banana

Although I made the Quiche, the cold which had started in the morning seemed to get really bad so I didn't fancy eating anything

Last edited:
Day 16

Lunch: Quiche (made yesterday) consisting of 4 eggs, 200g cottage cheese, 100ml whole milk (3.5 syns), peppers, tomato, spring onions and mushroom. with Kraft light dressing (1 syn)

Dinner; Steak, slimming world chips, mushrooms, salad, Pepper sauce (1.5 syns)

Late on: the very last of the Quiche (could have very easily gone on a breakaway binge) and a muller light

Snacks & healthy extras: apple, pear, satsuma, wotsits (4.5 syns), 2 x alpen light, 175ml whole milk (in the pepper sauce)

Last edited:
Day 17

Breakfast: Mugshot spaghetti

Early lunchtime: apple, pear, satsuma

Late Lunch: Leek & Potato soup (home made) with smash scones**

Dinner: Gammon, cabbage, carrots, yorkshire pud (2 syns), gravy (2 syns)

Syns & Healthy Extras (will decided later) 175ml whole milk (some used in the soup), 2 alpen lights, 250ml coca-cola (5.5 syns)

** I thought long and hard about whether to Syn these or not as they are technically a tweak. I've decided as I'm relatively new to my SW weight loss journey not to Syn them at the moment. The pack of Smash has made 6 scones and I will be having 3 with my soup (Not as a snack). Had I eaten the Smash as part of a meal I would have eaten the whole packet of smash. If I continue having these and my weight loss stalls or I start gaining, then I will syn them**

Last edited:
Day 18

Breakfast: Banana, pear, 2 x satsuma

Lunch: Leftover soup from yesterday. Didn't have the potato scones as they were rank.

Dinner: Salmon, scrambled egg (with 50ml whole milk) 2 syns, salad, kraft dressing (2 syns)

Snacks & Healthy Extra: 2 x alpen bars, 2 x baby bel, wotsits (5 syns), skips (4.5 syns)

2 people at work said that they could really tell I had lost weight now. :)

Last edited:
Day 19

Lunch: Salad with dressing (2 syns), seafood sticks, ham, boiled egg

Dinner: salad with dressing (1 syn), scrambled egg with 50ml whole milk (2 syns), smoked salmon

Snacks & Healthy extras: 2 x baby bel, 2 x alpen, muller, skips (4.5 syns), wotsits (5 syns)

Hi - well done in your loss and slimmer if the week! :)

Food looks great I'm goin to get some ideas from this diary x

Back