• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Thyroid Problem & On The Slimming World Diet

i have that prob too its bloody hard im back at WW do you have regular checks at the docs ???

hunca

Silver Member
Hi just new to forums & came across this thread. I have had my thyroid removed & take thyroxine daily. Only on my 1st week back at SW but previously lost nearly 3 stone with not to much difficulty. Do you find you don't lose or is it coming off slowly?

My gma does. She found that in the first few weeks of SW she put ON weight every week! She persevered and has now (albeit slowly) lost 3 1/2 stone so I'm not sure whether her body just needed to get used to the diet.

There's my tuppence!

Hiya welsh biatch, where in wales are ya?
My friend who does slimming world with has got a thyroid problem, she has got quite a bit to lose and seems to be doing just fine atm. Have a chat with your GP and explain your concerns.
Ruthy xxx

Hey guys, thanks for the replys, I have been on the SW diet loads of tims before I found out I had an underactive thyroid, now I seem to put on weight when i do the diet. I have been to my GP and everything seems fine with my thyroid levels,well fine enough to not have to up my dose of thyroxine. Its sooooo depressing,lol.

x

Tell him your not happy
Maybe there are more tests they can do, infact i know there is
Ruthy