Time of the month weight gain!!

jojo-g

Does anyone else get this ? I was 2lb away from my first stone loss. went to weigh in last night now im 4lb away. 2lb gain. Had a 1lb loss last month don't understand it really!! Drank list of water knowing it was on It's way. Feeling rather peeved today!!!

I know exactly what you mean and I'm glad I'm not the only one! It really annoys me as well, especially when I know I've had a good week and get on the scales, the wait and mild panic when it decides whether it wants to be slightly above or below what it was last week, I hate it!

I know your body weight fluctuates anyway and even more around that time but I don't actually have 'proper' TOTM, so it's always a surprise to find out in WI when it's decided to pop over for a visit!

I know as well that i didn't for too bad as well. i tried sims hard last week n then BANG!! that disapointed feeling knowing I've got an extra 2 to loose quite deflating isn't it?

Glad that its not just me!!!

I had my second weigh in tonight I have gone up half a pound even though I have stuck to it 100%. My TOTM is all over the shop but the only reason I can think for putting on this week is that its TOTM. Im gutted because I havent even had an easter egg!!!!! Does this happen a lot to you both?

This is the first time I've ever gained as I've done SW before n usually i STS or manage t loose 1 pound. but im getting older now n think my body is changing so maybe par for the course for me. i hope to have lost the 2 i gained this week n hopefully a bit more, but think this is going t b more of a marathon for me than a sprint ...u will prob see a greater loss than u expected next week. N no eggs for me either so ya not on ya own ...

My average loss is 3.5 lbs a week, so when it's my TOTM I really notice it! In the past few months I've lost 1/2 and also put on 1/2 twice on my TOTM. I haven't had any bad days since starting in jan and would say 100% every day so it really annoys me when it happens as mine are also all over the place so I can't even prepare myself for the fact I might've put on.

I wouldn't worry about a slight gain and I generally have a nice loss the week after, and you aren't alone with this either. Although it still is a pain in the neck!

it's called “menstrual edema” (premenstrual weight gain peaking at the onset of flow). It's only fluid, not fat - and nothing to worry about ... it will disappear as quickly as it came (until next month) but I agree, it is disappointing when it shows up on the scales.

Morrigan96 said:
it's called "menstrual edema" (premenstrual weight gain peaking at the onset of flow). It's only fluid, not fat - and nothing to worry about ... it will disappear as quickly as it came (until next month) but I agree, it is disappointing when it shows up on the scales.

Thanks for your time and info! I knew it wasn't a 'fat' weight gain but didn't know exactly what it was. Now I just need to invent some scales that will ignore TOTMs!

It's now tom for me and got my first weigh in tomorrow I take water balance for the bloating as I feel really uncomfortable otherwise

smile87 said:
It's now tom for me and got my first weigh in tomorrow I take water balance for the bloating as I feel really uncomfortable otherwise

Good luck! Hope it doesn't have too big affect.

I had the same sort of thing happen..even though i no longer get "TOTM"..each time i get near to a target it goes the other way..always in reach but just cant grasp it..lol..

Back