Time to admit defeat? It's just not gonna work for me!

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
I really do give up now!!

Really pushed it this week. Focussed! I ran 20km. 4 lots of 5km. I had beween 24-29pp every day except last WI whrn I was fed up and cam home and had a choccie bar. I had 34pp that day. And Saturday, I had a drink which pushed that day up to 35pp. SO that is either 11 weeklies or 11 of the 12 APs I earnt, whichever way you look at it. I ahd plent of veg, salad and fruit,a nd apart form the odd treat used my points healthily

I put on half a pound! This isn't a blip. This is week in, week out. I started at the strt of pp, in November, and weigh more now than then.

I am sat hear balling my eyes out, and think I relaly am gonna ahve to order some shakes. I'd ahve done it by now, but terrified if they don't work, there is nothing to fall back on!!

Really feel down, and close to the edge now!

Last edited:
mumtheshopper said:

Really pushed it this week. Focussed! I ran 20km. 4 lots of 5km. I had beween 24-25pp every day except last WI whrn I was fed up and cam home and had a choccie bar. I had 34pp that day. And Saturday, I had a drink which pushed that day up to 35pp. SO that is either 11 weeklies or 11 of the 12 APs I earnt, whichever way you look at it. I ahd plent of veg, salad and fruit,a nd apart form the odd treat used my points healthily

I put on half a pound! This isn't a blip. This is week in, week out. I started at the strt of pp, in November, and weigh more now than then.

I am sat hear balling my eyes out, and think I relaly am gonna ahve to order some shakes. I'd ahve done it by now, but terrified if they don't work, there is nothing to fall back on!!

I take it u are doing propoints? It's just I noticed u aren't having all your dailies u need to be having 29 pp minimum daily if u are only using 24 pp then the problem is you aren't eating enough especially if you are exercising as well

I've had weeks where I've eaten them all. I am eating all or ear to all most days. I've also tried eating more weeklies. The more I eat, the less liklely I am to lose. Two weeks ago I ate all my dailes every day, and half the weeklies and put on 1.5lbs. Last week, most or all dailies and no weeklies and lost 0.5lbs. The week I ate the least, and I really ate nothing to that week for personal reasons, was the week where I did acually lose weight. I really think that that is the only way it is going to go! I dunno. I really think I've got 2 choices. Learn to love the vast expanse of white flesh that is me, or, try something more drastic

I agree- i would go to your doctor and get them to do a complete medical on you. Something obviously isn't right if you're not losing weight and doing all the exercise. It may be something to do with your thyroid

Don't be hard on yourself.. Did your leader have any suggestions? Mine told me that if someone didn't lose weight over a consistent period of time while following propoints they need to get checked out at their doctor for possible thyroid problems.. Dont panic :)

My C says just hang in on there. I have lost 6lbs since xmas, as I put on over xmas, but ahve overall gained since 8/11/2011. I did get taken of Jasmine pill due to hormoneimbalance and put on cerazette which is a prostegon only one. Dunno if this is an issue. 1st month of cerrazette. I don't think so though. I wa slowly losing half a pound a week, then a completely unexpected gain of 1.5lbs last week, and 0.5lb this week. I do weigh and count everything, and lets face it I ahve 49pp per weel leeway! But I do. I ahve given her my tracker this week, and begged ehr to look over it for me. I won't be there next week, as taking kids away Sunday to Friday. Bound to put on weight then. Leta face it one takeaway will do that! I think, unless my C comes up with something, i am gonna strat a total shake diert, do it for a month and see what happens then. I've stepped up exercise tonight. Did loads at gym.

Try taking sea kelp if you think tyroid. But also try cutting your carbs down. Maybe just have them at breakfast. It can be so frustrating when you don't lose. I myself am doing very low carb this week and although i was naughty at the weekend i know i will lose this week by cutting my carbs till weigh day.

mumtheshopper said:
My C says just hang in on there. I have lost 6lbs since xmas, as I put on over xmas, but ahve overall gained since 8/11/2011. I did get taken of Jasmine pill due to hormoneimbalance and put on cerazette which is a prostegon only one. Dunno if this is an issue. 1st month of cerrazette. I don't think so though. I wa slowly losing half a pound a week, then a completely unexpected gain of 1.5lbs last week, and 0.5lb this week. I do weigh and count everything, and lets face it I ahve 49pp per weel leeway! But I do. I ahve given her my tracker this week, and begged ehr to look over it for me. I won't be there next week, as taking kids away Sunday to Friday. Bound to put on weight then. Leta face it one takeaway will do that! I think, unless my C comes up with something, i am gonna strat a total shake diert, do it for a month and see what happens then. I've stepped up exercise tonight. Did loads at gym.

Do not panic. You lost weight since Christmas so your thyroid is unlikely to have a problem. You're just losing slowly. Given you've also changed medication it's likely to be a factor. With this background you can't give up. It's working just that it's working slowly. Bear with it. How about asking your pharmacist about side effects of your new pill?

Also in reality if you are doing loads of exercise and not getting enough pp's you're body will think you're starving it and hang on for dear life to the fat you want to lose. Just a thought.

Marysu said:
Also in reality if you are doing loads of exercise and not getting enough pp's you're body will think you're starving it and hang on for dear life to the fat you want to lose. Just a thought.

I'm inclined to agree with this! If you aren't putting enough fuel in, then your body will hang on to what is there! I also do alot of exercise, and the weeks I lose best are the ones when I eat well. I've always fallen into the trap of not eating enough, thinking it would speed up weightloss, but in reality it does the opposite!but would also like to add that you lost 8lbs in 10 weeks which is good-and looking at ur stats, it's only the last 2-3 weeks youve had a blip-shouldn't really give up that easily!!! Just my opinion before anyone 'shoots me down for it'

I don't think its thyroid, this would make me really tired and feel unwell. And I don't. It just can't be right to be in April, be 100% since then, and not lose what I put on in 10 days over christmas. I didn't go exactly mad over christmas. Surely. I ahve tried eating my weeklies and eating more. I just put on weight. Eating more doesn't work. A side effect of cerrazette is weight gain, but it is for all pills. I don't know, still really mad at it. Not so down, but still fairly sure that I am gonna ahve to try somehting else. As I say, not there next Monday. Then away, where I will stick at it, but not sure I'll get through wilthout weeklies. I am also taking our bikes, so hopefully will get some exercise in.

mumtheshopper - I have an underactive thyroid which is medicated and I could not lose on propoints however I lost two stone on Discovery. Also you may not feel unwell and tired with an underactive thyroid there are many other symptoms. When testing you need to have a full panel of T3, T4 and TSH, please check the thyroid uk site for a list of symptoms there are approximately 60 odd. Thyroid UK was very helpful to me and I am a volunteer for them. Carbs are also an issue for me but discovery works the best for me Pro Points I gained even though I ate all my dailies and not all my weeklies
Good luck
vicki

Oh dear, its really rough when you think you are being good and not losing!

I have been there recently and to be honest i thought my weight was never going to come off but you know what it will, go back to basics.

Weigh and measure all your foods, write everything down and i have also found it does matter what you use your points on. Use it for filling foods and not snacks, cut out/down bananas, have a few glasses of wine a week, and this sounds strange but maybe you are overexcercising? To lose weight i cant use my weeklies but i do use all my dailies. Also make sure you drink 2l of water.

I dont know about excercise, its good for you and we should all do something, but i dont really think i lose anymore weight when i excercise.

I'm sure lots of people will disagree, but these are my observations.

Exercise has never made any difference to my weight either way. You are right. It has mae me feel loads better, has helped me to stick to a diet, and has helped me tone, but does nothing to the scales. I ahve only just got back in to the kind of running I'm doing properly the last 4 or 5 weeks, so made no difference. I've got a cold this week, and won't run with a cold, so we'll see. I do eat all my dailies or not much under. SOme weeks have eaten weeklies. Really don't beleive it's because I'm not eating enough! Carbs are not good for me, and try not to et them except for brekkie. I did try not to eat them for brekkie, but struggle with a quick, carb free brekkie which satisfies. Have tried hard boiled eggs and such, but just don't cut it like a bowl of porridge. I never eat potato, bread or pasta, even convinced myself I don't much like them. I do feel so bloated and lethargic on the very occasional times I have a baked pot. Rarely eat rice, ocassionally cous cous. I do allow myself the odd low point treat, which will involve carbs, like a curly wurly or a penguin. I can't be a complete saint. I keep thinking it will eventually all catch up on me, but it's not happening. I felt like poo this morning and succombed to a bacon roll mid morning. This is unsusual. I have had home made tomato soup for lunch to compensate. I'm having chicken breast cut and stuffed with ww soft cheese, and cooked in foil with pepper and cherry tomatoes. I'll ahve that with salad. I bought my daughter a pack of jaffa cake bars. I won't be able to resist one of them the way I'm feeling.I always end the day with a ww or options hot chocolate. This feels like a bad day, but within points. Have had fruit. Do have bananas though try not to ahve more than around 4 a week. Perhaps need to cut these out.

I don't think I ahve thyroid problems, but will perhaps look in to this. Will a doctor just test for this on demand?

You should tell your doc about going to ww. I mean at 162lbs and 5'4, your body should be more than capable of burning off more than it is. Take a wee diary of what you are eating and see what they suggest and wether tests are required.

Try not to beat yourself up about it sweetheart, i'm sure its horrible for you :( Stress is known to prevent weightloss as well.

Hope you get a resolution xx

mumtheshopper said:

Really pushed it this week. Focussed! I ran 20km. 4 lots of 5km. I had beween 24-29pp every day except last WI whrn I was fed up and cam home and had a choccie bar. I had 34pp that day. And Saturday, I had a drink which pushed that day up to 35pp. SO that is either 11 weeklies or 11 of the 12 APs I earnt, whichever way you look at it. I ahd plent of veg, salad and fruit,a nd apart form the odd treat used my points healthily

I felt the exact same, so I switched to a low carb plan called dr Charles Clark. I know alot of people think diets like Atkins are unhealthy but I am doing it very healthily and have lost 7lbs in six days! Tomorrow is my final weekly weigh in and I'm hoping to see 8! Now most people will say it's water weight, but I came straight over from ww having lost the week before albeit only a pound. I'm not hungry anymore and yes I do miss my processed carbs but I know if I lose bigger amounts in faster times then I am more likely to stick at it, and then once I get to wear I want to be then I can maybe revert to a ww maintenance plan so I can have a little of everything, hope that makes sense. So my day yesterday was a protein shake with flax, to keep fibre up, lunch was huge green salad with some cherry toms Mayo and grilled lean marinated chicken, Arvo another shake, dinner was 2 pork steaks with green beans, broccoli, carrots and courgette, dessert was sugar free jelly with some cream. So pretty healthy I think, I did feel poo for the first couple of days but feel great now. Like I said I can't see myself never eating processed carbs again but if it gets me to where I want to be and quicker, then I can slowly introduce them again. I can even have one piece of bread a day if I want it but I've only had that twice. Anyway just thought I'd share as I struggled with the ww but I know it's a healthy plan and one that will maybe help me with maintenance.

Think this may be the way to go for me. I only want to lose around a stone. I think cutting out all carbs for a while is the way forward. What do you ahve for breakfast. Where do you get the shakes?

Back