Time to bite the bullet and tell them!

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
So my bumperh pack arrived today ( I only ordered it yesterday so very impressed) and I am now very excited and can't wait to start! Originally I was going to start on may 30th as there is a family party on the 29th that I just can't get out of! But I just thought stuff it, if I actually tell everyone that I am doing this (even though most of them won't like it and I will probably get a lecture on why I shouldn't do it) then I can get on with it and prove them all wrong! Also if they all know then I don't have to explain myself at future events. It just seems like a waste of a week otherwise and I want to get started ASAP!! So my new start date is Monday 23rd yay! A few are coming round this evening so I am just going to casually leave my boxes on the side and wait for them to ask! Also I haven't told my other half yet, going to lie and say the bumper pack cost £75 instead of £100 hehehe! I control the finances so no worry of getting found out lol! :)

Well done you! I was hesitant about telling my hubby and my mum but they've both been really supportive. At the end of the day, being very over weight is more dangerous than this diet in my opinion, and i think my hubby is just looking forward to seeing me happy with myself for a change.

I was super keen to get started too, well done you for not using the event as an excuse for one last binge, that shows real determination! I'm on day three and i've already lost 5lbs lol i can't wait to see the end of week weigh in!! Good luck to you :D:D:D

I think it's brave if you to bite the bullet and tell them, and very good starting straightaway! Sounds like you have a family like mine, loving and protective.... and when families are like that it can be hard to tell them stuff that you know will make them worry, which is why I haven't told my family yet either! I am only on day 2 though and there is no way I will get away with them not noticing for much longer! The main difficulty is my brother is diabetic and for years ketones have been my family's worst nightmare, being a sure sign that he was out of balance and ill. But now I will just have to bite the bullet like you and explain to them what I am doing and why. They have been worried about my weight for a long time so maybe they will be ok with it.... only one way to find out! Hope it all goes well for you tonite ;)

Elemental said:
Well done you! I was hesitant about telling my hubby and my mum but they've both been really supportive. At the end of the day, being very over weight is more dangerous than this diet in my opinion, and i think my hubby is just looking forward to seeing me happy with myself for a change.

I was super keen to get started too, well done you for not using the event as an excuse for one last binge, that shows real determination! I'm on day three and i've already lost 5lbs lol i can't wait to see the end of week weigh in!! Good luck to you :D:D:D

So true elemental: At the end of the day, being very over weight is more dangerous than this diet in my opinion. May have to use this if I get into any debates about exante lol! Wow 5 lbs in 3 days is fab! Good for you, I cannot wait! Trouble is I am a daily weigher addict lol! But I am going to try my hardest to go the full week and if not maybe every three days is better than nothing! Best of luck to you :)

pulp1383 said:
I think it's brave if you to bite the bullet and tell them, and very good starting straightaway! Sounds like you have a family like mine, loving and protective.... and when families are like that it can be hard to tell them stuff that you know will make them worry, which is why I haven't told my family yet either! I am only on day 2 though and there is no way I will get away with them not noticing for much longer! The main difficulty is my brother is diabetic and for years ketones have been my family's worst nightmare, being a sure sign that he was out of balance and ill. But now I will just have to bite the bullet like you and explain to them what I am doing and why. They have been worried about my weight for a long time so maybe they will be ok with it.... only one way to find out! Hope it all goes well for you tonite ;)

Best of luck to you too then pulp! Maybe we are worrying about nothing and they will be absolutely fine! If not I am going to plod on with it anyway and hopefully when I have lost the weight I want to lose and they see how much more confident and happier I am for it they will know I made the right choice! :)

Good luck and well done on biting the bullett. You'll be fine now youve started it a week earlier ... just think of the extra week's weight loss x

Good for you Hun. Your hubby will sup you even if he has initial reservations. My hubby doesn't like me doing the diet at all but he isn't forcing me to eat or even complaining about the money. Anyway it's cheaper at £25 per week than your food and wine shopping !
Only thing my hubby suggested was to just have a cup soup and a multiple vitamin and it would be a 1/5 of the price haha

Good for you Hun. Your hubby will sup you even if he has initial reservations. My hubby doesn't like me doing the diet at all but he isn't forcing me to eat or even complaining about the money. Anyway it's cheaper at £25 per week than your food and wine shopping !
Only thing my hubby suggested was to just have a cup soup and a multiple vitamin and it would be a 1/5 of the price haha

hahaha your hubby is a tight arse too then?? :D

If it came in lager or Indian flavour he wouldn't have a problem!!!

Well after all that they didn't even ask or even notice the boxes lol!!! I didn't want to make a big deal of it so didn't want to announce it so to speak so they still don't know! The not so better half seen them though and his first words as I predicted were 'how much did that lot cost?'!! He really is a tight arse! Then he just sort of smirked an walked away with a look on his face as to say yeh right you won't stick to that! Which I am very glad about to be honest as it gives me even more determination to do it and wipe that smug grin off his face! So looks like I will just have to wait to tell the rest of them at the family event next sunday- no doubt I will be asked why I haven't eaten anything or why I don't want a glass of the dreaded w word and I shall just reply with 'I am on a very strict diet' if they ask more about it then I will just tell them what type of diet is is. Well can't wait to get started now and Monday can't come quick enough for me! Sounds strange but I really couldn't bare another week of waiting so very glad I changed the start date! Bring on the scales! :)

Goo luck for the 23rd, I have alot of evil friends that want me to do it and are supportive but also try and tempt me away.

Stick to your guns and you will do amazing :)

Well I just had to tell my dad, he arrived at lunchtime with a huge pile of chips, wanting to make me chip and ham butties!! I told I had just had a plate of soup (Thai Chicken mmmmmmmm) and he said well u can have some of this as well can't you? For someone who is always worried about my weight he doesn't always have much sense lol! So I said no dad I told you I was on a diet (which I had) and he asked what I was eating, so I said it was meal replacement stuff and he said ok I won't bring anything round tomorrow..... and I chucked the rest of the chips in the bin! And you know what? Once I had, I didn't really bother, even when my dad was eating them in front of me. Once I had made the decision not to have them, it didn't seem so bad. So giving myself loads of brownie points :) :) :)

Well I just had to tell my dad, he arrived at lunchtime with a huge pile of chips, wanting to make me chip and ham butties!! I told I had just had a plate of soup (Thai Chicken mmmmmmmm) and he said well u can have some of this as well can't you? For someone who is always worried about my weight he doesn't always have much sense lol! So I said no dad I told you I was on a diet (which I had) and he asked what I was eating, so I said it was meal replacement stuff and he said ok I won't bring anything round tomorrow..... and I chucked the rest of the chips in the bin! And you know what? Once I had, I didn't really bother, even when my dad was eating them in front of me. Once I had made the decision not to have them, it didn't seem so bad. So giving myself loads of brownie points :) :) :)

You need major brownie points for that, keep up that will power and good work

I've found most people to be pretty supportive when I first told them what I was doing. The ones that were most vocally against it in the beginning have since come round as they've seen me be really well, energetic, fit and healthy while following it, and they've seen the losses coming through.
Good luck :)

pulp1383 said:

Well done pulp, it would gave been do easy for you to just eat the chips and not day anything but you didnt so good for you! Sounds like your dad is going to support you also so that's fab! X

I bet you find that when you tell everyone, you'll have several friends and relations starting on exant, too. This is what's happened to me, almost half my family and even people at work have started it now and it's great to have that understanding and support around you. When they see how well you look and how much weight you can lose in so little time, its very tempting...!! Best of luck to you - take one day at a time and drink loads of water.

I didn't tell anyone when I started. But I found that most people that I have told since are very supportive.
There are still others that dont know, but, they are not the most supportive people anyway, so whats the point ;)
I started the next day after my boxes came. I couldn't wait ;)

With regards to your night out.... do you drive ?
Could you volunteer to be the driver that night ?
That will definatley keep you off the wine ;)
Good luck
Marge
:D

Well my dad has decided to be supportive yes..... after telling him I was sticking to adiet at lunchtime, he came round after his work with..... 2 boxes of weightwatchers cakes! D'oh! My fault I guess for not being clear on exactly what the diet entailed...... but still I thought it was a very sweet gesture on his part :)

pulp1383 said:
Well my dad has decided to be supportive yes..... after telling him I was sticking to adiet at lunchtime, he came round after his work with..... 2 boxes of weightwatchers cakes! D'oh! My fault I guess for not being clear on exactly what the diet entailed...... but still I thought it was a very sweet gesture on his part :)

Oh bless him how sweet! x

notsoskinnymarge said:
I didn't tell anyone when I started. But I found that most people that I have told since are very supportive.
There are still others that dont know, but, they are not the most supportive people anyway, so whats the point ;)
I started the next day after my boxes came. I couldn't wait ;)

With regards to your night out.... do you drive ?
Could you volunteer to be the driver that night ?
That will definatley keep you off the wine ;)
Good luck
Marge
:D

Yep I am going to suggest that to a few family members- I don't think I would've been tempted anyway as I am so determined to do this properly but if I drive then at least I have an excuse! Thanks Marge x

Back