time to change!

ellie2409

After much careful consideration I have decided the exante diet is for me! I have always been a big girl but after the birth of my second child and a loss of a child things got a little out of control, I began comfort eating and I went from 19 stone to 22 stone!

This is the heaviest I have ever been and my body does not like it that's for sure. My joints hurt, my back hurts and I have little to no energy. I'm not being fair to myself or my kids.

I currently sit at 305 lbs, and am aiming to lose 106 lbs. This would take me to a BMI of 25.0 as opposed to 38.4. I imagine it will be challenging at times and will power will be tested but I am determined to reach my goal. I am going to set our wedding date for Christmas 2013 so that is another thing to aim for!

I have read many inspirational diaries on this forum and they have helped me come to the point I'm at now. It would be nice to become an inspiration to others too maybe so I thought I would record my own diary, would be nice to come back to the beginning as a married woman!.

Start of a new life!
Starting weight: 305lbs
Starting waist: 43 inches
Starting dress size: 20-22

Good morning Ellie, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey. :hug99: xx

This has to be the friendliest and most inspirational forum there is (imo) the support and advice you can get from here is invaluable.

So enjoy!

To start with, the best advice I can offer is to make sure you drink all your water and know that after 3-5 days (and you get into ketosis) it does get easier.

Thanks gigglepants, and gz on the amazing losses! I'm not feeling too bad at the moment, the choc shake was pretty nice lol. Pretty bad at drinking water just on my first pint now!. Xx

Well, just started a nut and toffee bar, have to say I don't like them at all! Would it be detrimental only to eat half the bars as a full meal? Trying to eat as much ad I can but I've got another 6 of them

Hi

I'm a newbie to Exante too, this is my first day on the shakes and it's not been too bad. I had a chocolate orange bar today and wasn't really fond of it to tell you the truth, so I had half at 2pm, and then the other half at 2.30pm.

Good luck and keep posting,. If you stick to it you will lose the weight. Try to drink 3 litres of water "the more you drink the faster you shrink" was a mantra I heard on here and it made me chuckle

Hiya, I managed to eat most of it but left some in the end! On the plus side i loved the shakes so will stick to them mostly when I get the next bumper pack! Managed 3 pints of water so far, hope to get another 2.. tis a lot for me im not much of a water person! I bought some carbonated water and been supping on that too. Just been outside with the kids enjoying the sunshine and was sifting through the camera. I didn't realise how 'beastly' i looked and my face.. just doesn't look like me at all. I was absolutely mortified but I managed to stop myself from deleting the photo. I have been in denial but I faced up to it today.. I printed it off just now and it is on the fridge. I do NOT want to look like this any longer and I am so determined right now, just put the kids tea on and managed not to nibble on anything! Smiley for me :)

Hi Ellie,

I really dislike the Exante bars too. Instead I get the Tesco ultra slim bars in raspberry and yoghurt flavour. I think quite a few people on here have them, they're pretty much the same on nutritional contents as the Exante ones, but they are really nice.
Well done on starting, the first few days can be difficult, but it does get so much easier. Water, water, water is what'll get you through!

oh really that would be awesome if i could switch them with the tesco bars i have tried them before and i like them. Ive still got the choccie ones to try so hopefully i like those. I suppose the only problem with that is it would make exante more expensive as i wouldnt be able to get the bumper pack.Had another chocolate shake this morning definately like those.

I had such an awful night last, woke up 6 or 7 times with a buzzing headache, in fact i had a bad headache from about 2 pm despite 2l of water! I had a couple of paracetemol tablets this morning and the shake and it seems to have gone for now. My fiance thinks its because i didnt eat enough yesterday (1/2 of a bar and 1/4 banana shake) so i will try and eat everything today. What i find strange is i havent really felt hungry at all not even this morning, but i have been feeling sick, so much so i havent wanted to eat anything!

Weird body lol

my god what i wouldnt give for food right now :( did dinner for the family and it smelt sooo good! i have been 100% all day and i dont feel physically hungry but i cant stop thinking about burgers! Right about now we would be ordering something and i miss the food :( I have done well with the water too and dont have a headache today. just kept thinking of that picture and it kept me going. wish i would stop thinking about food though :( I wonder after this month if i should try the ws instead of ts..

Good evening Ellie, hang on in there. The cravings will pass, honest. Go drink another glass of water and busy yourself with something, read some diaries or go treat yourself to a relaxing smelly bath :hug99: xx

well, i failed last night. didnt help that my fiance and cousin were saying go on its not fair on you etc.. but i ate :( i kind of comprimised and just had protein instead of carbs but im still really disappointed in myself. weighed myself this morning and still seem to be 1lb down but i hope not to be that weak again. 100% from now on x

Decided that i dont think i can go ts afterall, i dont think im ready yet. im going to try ws instead. feel like a bit of a failure, but id rather succeed with ws that fail with ts.

diembroadhurst thank you for your comment, it really hit home, to be honest i was coming on here to say i was giving up completely.. i like food too much and that it was too difficult. feel so weak minded! Instead i went away again and wrote down all the recipes from the working solutions recipes that would suit both my fiances and myself. We had a good talk and he admitted that he hates seeing my miserable and hungry so he gives in to me easily. We have agreed that he is going to have the recipes from exante with me and is not going to order any more take aways in the evening. I'm also not going to be having the shakes until we move house (i bought our last big food shop last week and bought just enough until moving date 3rd august) but I will make a few changes to my diet. I wont be having any bread/rice/pasta/potatoes and of course no take aways, I want to keep up the water intake and im going to try and cut down my tea intake.

I think the change has been too drastic for me personally, I felt 'jealous' almost that my friend lost 7lbs last week so i felt i had to get started too. Going from 8 cups of tea a day to nothing, and a LOT of food down to nothing was a bit much. If i cut down the tea, cut down the meals and dont eat the carby things I think this will lead me nicely onto ws when i get the next big shop at our new house.

I am so pleased i had a talk with him, although he says he loves me for who i am he wants to see me happy more. Tonight we had a quorn steak and carrots/peas and green beans so really happy with the tea. I dont feel completely lost anymore, I think this is a good plan and hopefuly (fingers and toes crossed) that that will work out better for me. xx

Back