Time to get off my bum

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by Auburn, 14 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Hello :)

I'm lazy. There, I admit it! I don't want to be anymore. I feel rubbish even walking for 10 minutes, so I have decided to do something about it.

Couch to 5k.
    It says it is for all fitness levels. So I should be able to do it.

I started today. Week 1. Day 1.
    Downloaded an app on my phone which beeps when I should be jogging, and when I should be walking. I took the dog and set off.

To be honest, the first two "jogging" sessions were bloody hard. Thought about giving up, but no. I deserve to pass this, I can do this! And I did!! The last "jogging" bit, my leg started to say "no more, no moooore" but I told it haha and I finished the whole program for today.

It might not seem like a lot, but I am so so proud of myself :D

And..... the dog has slept since we got back, she's probably wondering what the 'ecks going on!!

Bring on part 2!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Well done Jen, huge achievement I am going to give it a go too xx

4. Dont look back

Dont look back Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(29.39%)
    I too am so lazy I loved CD the first time I started as was advised not to do any extra exercise than normal (which was zilch) but this time round because I am wanting to lose 4 pound a week will need to do some exercise, so have invested in the biggest loser for the x box (Gillian is a slave driver) and zumba (which is so hard to keep up with on the easiest levels).

5. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I intended (here we go, I know...) to do W1 D2 yesterday, but I decided spending quality time with my mum was just as important, and we had a really good day, before I knew it, it was time for Britain's Got Talent and then it was dark..

So today! No. It was too sunny, and I'd woken up with a terribly sore tummy. By the time I felt "human" again, it was tea time. So I had my dinner, and then took the dog for a walk instead. So I still did something...

My "dietweek" runs Wednesday to Tuesday, so I can still get the C25K in in time :)

Pleased I did my walk at least!

6. Dont look back

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(29.39%)
    First weigh in today and ive lost 10lbs !!!

7. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Wow, well done :D

8. Dont look back

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(29.39%)
    Thanks Im really motivated now and enjoying the tetras and mint bars, got a good feeling this time round.

9. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Think that is really important, getting the focus! What's a tetra, I'm guessing its CD related? How are you finding the diet plan? Is it fitting in quite well? :)

I went for a walk yesterday, just went in the car and did a stretch of the coastal trail... 8000+ steps on the pedometer. Wouldn't have stayed out so long before this new health kick!

10. Dont look back

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(29.39%)
    8000+ steps is fantastic, I think that will keep you motivated, I have a pedometer but I am convinced its broken as I know I must of walked at least 4 miles yesterday (throughout) the day and had only clocked up 2056 steps (I remember as I was soooo annoyed).

11. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Ooh that's not good. I got my pedometer off ebay, it was less than a fiver but seems to do the trick. You're right, it is motivational to see the steps clock up :)

Have a great day today, I'm off on a walk later. Once I find my headphones and some sun cream!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.