Time to get to my fighting weight!

Princess81

Hi all!
I've been a member here for a while, since 2010 when I did TFR for 7 weeks and ended up a very happy size 10!
Firstly I can't believe how quiet it is here now! It used to be so busy! But hello to you all anyway :)
So I'm hoping to get another 8 weeks done out of this, to shed a couple stones ideally because I'm training for a boxing match and want to get my fighting weight down lol!!
I'm sure I'll be a regular whinger lol
Jayne. X

I know- this is my second time and it used to be frantic to keep up with threads but at the same time you can build buddies easier and develop a closer support with a handful of people.

When did you start back on? What are your goals?

Hi Joanie :)
Yes I guess with less traffic you can get to know folks better
Well...I'm 12st at the moment and will just keep on going (hopefully) to the week of my fight - I'll need to eat carbs for the energy for the day, but I'm going to try to go without for my training. So I guess whatever weight that leaves me at. Last time I think I lost 7lbs in my first week and 3-4lbs per week after that. My BMI at the moment is 25.6 because I'm tall, I think last time I did this it went to 21 lol! Was nice to look nice in everything I wore (then I got pregnant) ;) xx

Does your trainer know you plan to do this? Pre fight training I would imagine he would want you having some protein intake? Are you amateur? sorry hubby coaches in local abc.

Do you weigh in on the day or day before? If day before you could take carbs then to ensure you have sufficient for the fight?

You have 8 weeks so you'll easily lose 2 stone. I'm sure you looked amazing with the lean muscle and the height!! Baby's are hard to get back in shape after - I used to mountain hike 10 miles twice a week but got ra after the wee one and an hour or so flat impacts my joints so want to get right down and then build muscle between power plate and strengthening exercises and try to get back to any hill walking

Sounds like a plan to sort your joints and build the muscle. I'm sure it was a shock to the system to discover you had that!! :(
oh it's only a charity fight.....very amateur but I've been doing it for about 7 months. My coach rolled his eyes at me a bit lol, I'll see how I get on. Was fine today and this is one of the horrible energy depleted days. Got it tomorrow night again do will see how I get on.
its actually the week before that we get matched up so.....dunno where that leaves me :rolleyes:

It totally was I thought it was hormones!! lol

If you have a week before I would build up a slow re-feed, like for every day they say do 2 days of their plan. That way when you come to the day you can carb up and you have good energy stores built. The stamina to keep going in a fight is tough and you don't want to go in depleted- I find the charity fights can be rough.

So start a refeed a fortnight before you mean?

No sorry if you only have a week I wouldn't go past the 4 th day (TBH day 4-7 are the same). But I would do day 1 for 1/2 days, day 2 for 2 days, day 3 for 2 days and then day 4? Rather than just coming off for the one day of the fight to take carbs? Just a suggestion of course you will know what's best for you.

Ahh ok I see what you mean now :) what I had planned to do was just start my refeed the day after my weigh in and build up so that my fight is on day 6 of refeed. Does that make sense ?

anyway......dreaded day 3 today. It does suck but hopefully kicked into ketosis by now or if not it is imminent. I had training tonight and was fine. Thought my performance may be dodgy but was surprisingly energetic. Boom!

Well done as you know once you hit day 5 you are flying so hang on in there!!

Day 4: feeling pretty good by all accounts. After my post last night I developed a thumping headache and also had horrible insomnia. I got to 2.30am then dosed some herbal sleeping tablets. I'm surprised I'm not zombiefied today! Had a Pilates session this mornibg which was bloody hard work! I'm taking l-glutamine supplement alongside the lipotrim to try to retain the muscle mass! Having a nice "rest" this afternoon studying for my mock biology exam at uni on Friday (boo)! Revision usually makes me ravenous and I'm not, so I shall presume I'm now in ketosis -yay! Boxing again tomorrow night and then resting all weekend. I'm going to my friends 30th birthday party on Saturday.....I've not yet told her that I won't be eating or drinking.....she knows it's not like me to be sober at a party ;) x

Well done missus!

Thank you :)
today is a horrid day and I'm finding it really hard. Day 5 - thought that's when I remembered it getting easier :(

Thank you :)
today is a horrid day and I'm finding it really hard. Day 5 - thought that's when I remembered it getting easier :(

Aw sorry to hear that, but as you know stick it through! I was fine after day 3 first time and after day 4 second time but it's hard to guess as everyone is different..

Weigh in today and -6lbs this week. Last time it was more if I remember rightly but I'm lighter to start off with. If I can establish a steady -3 loss from now on I'll be happy. Biggest challenge so far was for my friends 30th birthday. It wasn't the booze it was all the food there! Shan't torture you with details but it was so hard to resist....but I did it!! Hopefully plain sailing form here on in, apart from a date im going on in Wednesday ;) x

Well done 6lbs is still a really good loss!! And fair play for resisting the challenge at the party!

Back