Time to stop dwelling on the past!

cornishkez

Gold Member
What's done is done! It's time to stop dwelling on all my past weight losses and gain. I can't change the past, nor does it need to control my future.

So, no mentions of my journey so far...if anyone is really interested, there are numerous old diaries and postings on my profile ;)

Tomorrow will be Day 1! So I can get the worst of it over and done with over weekend...hopefully it will be miserable weather so I will have every excuse to sit on the sofa and watch rubbish tv feeling sorry for myself :)

I've got CWP products to use up, enough for a couple of weeks? Only a few porridges and tetras though, mostly shakes...bleurgh! Then I'll go back to my consultant :)

Does anyone else have a problem with the mix-a-mousse? Every time I make one up, the mix-a-mousse bit clumps together and I end up with part runny, part solid shakes?! It seems to congeal as soon as it hits the shake? Before I've even had chance to whizz it? I thought maybe it had been open too long, so opened up and tried my new tub, but the same....so think it's user error?! :(

So, lets get cracking! I will make sure I thoroughly enjoy my last bottle of Berry Bulmers tonight. Luckily I am due to do a food shop, so there is very little temptation in the house, hubbie will just have to suffer for a few days until I am in the swing of things again :)

Well this is it? Day 1! My first lie in of the week and im up at the crack of dawn. Typical!

While babysitting my friends little girl last weekend, I discovered Im subscribed to the sky kids channels. I wonder if I can get away with a nickelodeon marathon with no children in the house to blame it on?

Well no nickelodeon so far, just lots of cleaning. My house is definately always cleaner while on cd :)

3 pints of water and 4 coffees down. Really need to pick up some decaf though. Just had my first product, maple and pecan porridge. Yum yum! Will have another attempt at a mix a mousse later. I wonder if its because I use a smoothie maker instead of a hand blender?

Gorgeous day outside! Should be going out for a ride on the horse really, but feel safer holed up keeping myself amused at home.

I got bored of being holed up, so took the big boy out for a ride and had some bonding time with my youngster. I really do hope that one day I am light enough to ride him :)

Im just tucking into a hot choc mint shake....grim! Its all lumpy.

1 more to go...think i'll treat myself to a tetra. Oh the joys of vlcd's! I really, really want to eat something but I just need to get through day 1!

Well just had my choc tetra, I 'think' I am safe to say Ive made it through day 1. Yay me :)

I so very, very nearly put some mushrooms in the george forman! But I resisted. Feeling really good at the minute. Can't wait until I am a few days in and I start to feel less bloated and I start getting that empty belly feeling.

Nite everyone x

Day 2 and another gorgeous day! Sadly, I think housework and washing are on the cards today.

I am suprised at how smoothly yesterday went, though last night I had very odd choppy dreams. Too many failed starts lately. Only another 2 days and I should be in ketosis.

My scales went out on loan to my sister a few days ago to weigh suitcases, and I am so glad. I am scale obsessed. I weigh morning, noon and night. I wont get them back for another week or so and by then hopefully I'll have something good to report.

Hope you all have a lovely day. X

Hi CornishKez! Whereabouts in Cornwall are you from? My grandparents live in St Austell....love that part of the world! I'm in Surrey but from Dorset originally.

I was going to try the mint choc shake hot later but you have kind of put me off now! I really like the flavour of the shakes but they are nicest with loads of ice and obviously now its getting a bit colder, I would prefer something hot!

I'm on week three....I'm a first timer and have been 100% SS....so far! Haha, have pretty big motivation with my 30th birthday party coming up in November so I'm just praying that I can stay as motivated after my party as I'll still have a least a stone until goal at that point.

Also, I tend to lurk/post on here pretty much daily!

Have a fab day.....I'm ALMOST relieved to go to work tomorrow as it keeps me so busy the week will fly by! I hope!

Niki xx

Heya great idea to start a fresh diary i am very tempted to do that myself to as have so many ups and downs lately i feel i need to wipe the slate clean and keep going without looking back! Well done on getting back on you seem to be doing well in the last couple of days so lets hope u stay strong so you can ride that little horse of yours!!!

Well I let myself down today. I had some chicken, chips and beans! I'm feeling more guilty than I am disappointed. I have been eating a ridiculous amount every day for the last few weeks and have just felt stuffed and bloated constantly. Eating for the sake of it, not even tasting what is going in my mouth! But I savoured every bit of the meal earlier and I don't see it as cause to carry on the eating. I then turned down the apple pie and custard, the chocolate and the wine...quite happily. For the first time in ages, I felt in some form of control of what is going in my mouth. So whilst I am feeling guilty for falling off the wagon so soon, I'm not defeated yet :)

I hope everyone else has had a lovely weekend :) Oh and Nikie, I completely agree....Mon-Fri are so much easier than the weekends.

Hi Kez

I'm back too. :) And like you, I'm not going to dwell on all the, ahem, previous attempts. Well, except for that first glorious one back that started back in October 2007 and which I am, of course, going to replicate this time. Only once I hit 12st, I'm going to keep going this time. She said. Famous last words. :D

Well done you for not going nuts when it would've been easy to say, "What the hell..." :clap: I agree, weekends are definitely a challenge on this way of eating.

Now, mix a mousse. Wonder what the problem is?

Let's see
(1) Are you using icy cold water? I put around 200ml water into the freezer for 20-25 minutes (just until ice crystals start to form on the top). I actually put the blender beaker (plus water of course) into the freezer, so the beaker's cold as well.
(2) Are you mixing the MAM into the shake packet before you put it into the water? That definitely helps.
(3) Are you blending the mixture for at least a minute? You need to keep going for a minute, if not longer.

Any of that sound different to what you're doing?

Hi Kez,

I add the mix a mousse to the powder packet and reveal and shake it a bit. With CD I use 200 mls of very cold water and use a stick mixer (Braun hand-blender until smooth). I pour into a bowl and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Works a treat.

With S and S I use 250 mls of water.

Hi Lily, good to see some of the mm oldies are still around :)

Ooh...good tips on the mix and mousse. I hadn't thought about mixing it all up first! And I havent been making the effort to get the water icy. Will try again tomorrow and hopefully get a lovely pud :) mind you not sure why its called mix a mousse. It should be called mix a blamonge!

I'll go have a nose for your diary, if you've got one?

Hi mel, thanks for the tips. I definately think the fact im using a smoothie maker rather than a proper blend makes a difference. I dont thinks quite as violent.

Hi Lily, good to see some of the mm oldies are still around :)

Ooh...good tips on the mix and mousse. I hadn't thought about mixing it all up first! And I havent been making the effort to get the water icy. Will try again tomorrow and hopefully get a lovely pud :) mind you not sure why its called mix a mousse. It should be called mix a blamonge!

I'll go have a nose for your diary, if you've got one?

Ah, that'll be it. The water really does need to be icy cold. Ooh, here's hoping that does the trick. I love mix-a-mousse, had one this evening in fact.

I haven't got a diary at the mo, to save you looking. Not sure if I'll start one. I can spend way too much of my life here on Mins if I'm not careful...

Hope you have a good week!

Have just started Cambridge again after losing 2 stone! Went on holiday and put on 7, Woops! Determined to get back into it, will need lots of support just like you as am just using up Spare packets until I need to go back to my consultant for more, good luck! Very hard but so worth it when the weight is dropping off and the clothes are getting looser :)

Oh man, am I in a foul mood today! Am sure it's PMT, but I'm having to bite my tongue soo hard to stop myself snapping. It doesn't help that Im in a small office with one other and she's stressed out and tired, so is snappy as well. Normally I can let it wash over me, but today it's very hard not to snap back! :)

Just wondering what to ahve for my dinner? Porridge I guess, then a tetra later on. Not sure what I am going to do this evening. I'm dropping in drop some presents off to my gran and she is expecting me to have tea with her? I start and restarted this diet soo many times, I really dont want to tell anyone I am having another crack at it. She really like chicken foo yung (sp), so I wonder if I can cook her that and I can have some too. It's basically just chicken and egg.

Back