Time to stop messing around!

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
Hi all, I've been following JUDDD since September when I switched over from Slim & Save. I absolutely love this WOE and I feel like it has totally changed my attitude towards food and dieting which is great, but I don't think I've been particularly honest with myself as I can see now that I am quite a bit heavier than I was when I started.

Me measurements haven't really altered enormously and I was taking this as all good, but I've just tried my student nurse uniform on and it's really tight :cry:

Next placement is in 3 weeks so at least I have time to make some changes before then.

The problem is that I'm clearly overdoing it on my UP days, DD's are fine so I know that's not the problem but I literally do just eat what I like on my UP's which is obviously not working as I must be going well over my calories.

So, I'm going to make some adjustments as of today and start calorie counting my UD as well as my DD. DD are always spot on under 500cal so now I just need for my UD to be around the 2000 mark and hopefully I'll be on track.

I'm also half way through the 30 day shred so will continue with that, as well as running 3x per week.

What I will say is that I think I've only gained a stone or so since I've started, which considering in the past I've had gains of 12lb over one weekend is really good for me. So that's a stone over 9 months which really isn't that bad considering.

Also I don't want anyone to read this and think that JUDDD doesn't work because I'm absolutely positive that it would if I were just to follow it properly instead of kidding myself!

So there's my confession, down in writing for all to see. Let's hope I can get it right this time :)

X

A stone over 9 months is not bad and I think this diet obviously suits you and you enjoy it...

Good luck with your new adjustments!

Thanks Mini you're right, it really isn't that bad especially as I have been eating whatever I want 4 days of the week.

I going to stick with it just need a bit of 'fine tuning' :)

X

I would think that is all you need as you are doing very well.

Thanks Mini :)

You can do this hun! A stone over 9 months is great. Its a stone gone forever!

Btw what sort of nursing are you studying? x

Thanks carrot but I've actually gained a stone not lost it lol so not that great!

I'm going to step it up now though so will hopefully have it off soon!

I'm studying adult nursing. Are you a nurse? X

Thanks carrot but I've actually gained a stone not lost it lol so not that great!

I'm going to step it up now though so will hopefully have it off soon!

I'm studying adult nursing. Are you a nurse? X

Ah my bad, i completely misread.

No i'm not a nurse but was considering going back to Uni and studying Radiology at some point in the not too distant future. Assuming of course i can get the necessary grades as the access course i took a few years back just didn't cover one element they wanted for radiology. I also looked at other avenues of nursing as well including adult, child, mental health, etc. The person i spoke to at the Uni said i'd have no trouble getting in for mental health nursing as they're crying out for people but child and adult were much more competitive. Just didn't fancy mental health nursing at the time. I've worked with people with mental health problems, drug addictions, etc for the last day years and just fancied something a bit different x

That's okay!

Radiology would be interesting! Yeah MH nursing and learning disability are under subscribed, I didn't think adult was too bad though maybe I was lucky. I could have done a short course if I'd gone down the MH route as I already have a psychology degree but it put me off if anything! I like the more 'clinical' stuff even though obviously you do get some crossover which is fine :)

If you want to do it go for it! Especially as everything is being restructured at the moment and NHS courses may not be funded in the near future :(

X

That's okay!

Radiology would be interesting! Yeah MH nursing and learning disability are under subscribed, I didn't think adult was too bad though maybe I was lucky. I could have done a short course if I'd gone down the MH route as I already have a psychology degree but it put me off if anything! I like the more 'clinical' stuff even though obviously you do get some crossover which is fine :)

If you want to do it go for it! Especially as everything is being restructured at the moment and NHS courses may not be funded in the near future :(

X

Ah that's a bit of a bummer. Since i have i would have to do another access course as i didn't do the right one before my guess is it will be 2 to 3 years before i could apply and if they stop doing the funded courses i don't think i could afford to go. Mmmm might have left this too late :( I'm surprised your getting ready for a placement, isn't it the summer holidays at the end of July?

Ah that's a bit of a bummer. Since i have i would have to do another access course as i didn't do the right one before my guess is it will be 2 to 3 years before i could apply and if they stop doing the funded courses i don't think i could afford to go. Mmmm might have left this too late :( I'm surprised your getting ready for a placement, isn't it the summer holidays at the end of July?

Nothing for definite yet but I think it's going that way, its a really shame because the NHS is going to lose out on loads of great staff who can't afford the course :( maybe we won't have an NHS then though!

Still look into it though you might be fine :)

No summer holidays for me as such, I have a few weeks off in July after this next placement and then another placement right up to September! A far cry from my last degree where summer holidays were may-september haha!

Maybe contact your local college / uni and see if they know anything about funding x

Just wanted to say good luck and you can do it - how are you going so far now your back on it?

I do think 1st on in that amount of time when you have been eating whatever you want 4 days week is good though, well not good but you know what I mean, good that it wasn't more, and as for measurements not changing - double bonus!

Just wanted to say good luck and you can do it - how are you going so far now your back on it?

I do think 1st on in that amount of time when you have been eating whatever you want 4 days week is good though, well not good but you know what I mean, good that it wasn't more, and as for measurements not changing - double bonus!

Hi thanks! It's going well since so far, I'm counting calories on my Ups and haven't really eaten any 'crap' as such - had a WW cake today but other than that I'm trying to stick to healthy, wholesome foods:)

To be honest I've put a stone on over 2 weeks before, so really in 9 months its not bad at all! Looking forward to getting it off now though and getting fitter and healthier along the way!

X

Hi thanks! It's going well since so far, I'm counting calories on my Ups and haven't really eaten any 'crap' as such - had a WW cake today but other than that I'm trying to stick to healthy, wholesome foods:)

I'm doing the same this week - need to get control over my up days as they were getting out of hand. Hope you're doing ok, we will reap the rewards eventually.

I'm doing the same this week - need to get control over my up days as they were getting out of hand. Hope you're doing ok, we will reap the rewards eventually.

We will! It's actually not bad at all because I've still been eating really nice food just less rubbish along with it!

Back