Time to stop messing!

cameo22

Hi,

After joining slimming world online 4 weeks ago and having a successful first 2 weeks...the second two have gone a bit off track! I know what I need to do and how to do it - I've done it before but I am my own saboteur. Definitely think keeping a food diary will help keep me on track and keep me on the straight and narrow!

I'm quite shy and have started a diary but deleted a few times over the last few weeks but going to be big and brave

If its okay I'm going to post as I eat then I can make sure I don't lose control...so

Weigh in is a Saturday morning and today is drawing the line _____________________________

14/9/13
Breakfast - 40g All Bran with skimmed milk (hex b/a)
Green tea

Lunch - Chicken and Sweetcorn mugshot, mullet light

Out for dinner tonight at Asian style restaurant, had a look on the online menu and lots of options! Going to enjoy my night out (using syns and free) and straight back on plan tomorrow!

Walking past the empire biscuit in the kitchen beckoning me over!!!

Can I be brave enough to hit send

Last edited:
Hey :)

Good luck with your journey. You'll get loads of support and tips on here, everyone is so lovely!

I'm horrendously shy so I know the feeling, not nice but I've found keeping a diary helps loads so hopefully you will the same.

Have a great weekend x

Well last night I took the car so I didn't 'waste' syns on alcohol, still had a great time and choose chicken for starter and main.

Off to the cinema this afternoon but going to take grapes and carrots to stop myself dipping into my daughters pick n mix!

15/9/13

Breakfast - 40g All Bran with Skimmed milk (hex b/a) and muller light yogurt
Green Tea

Lunch - still to come

Dinner - still to come

Will be using 8syns today for chicken chow mein this evening.

Back to the gym tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Oh not sure what happened, I've just posted and hit send but it's not appeared. Here is a shortened version...and now it's appeared!

15/9/13
Breakfast - 40g All Bran with skimmed milk and miller light yogurt
Green Tea

Lunch - Mug Shot with lots of raw carrots on the side! Strange combo but filled me up.

Snack - apple and satsuma. Lean ham

Dinner - chicken chow mein

Water, green tea and Pepsi max

8 syns to be used this evening for Chicken Chow Mein

Back to gym tomorrow

This is helping me stay on track as every time I go to stray I think no as I'd have to post it here.

Sending good luck for Sunday x

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Tesam, it definitely helps keeping track on here!

16/9/13
Breakfast - 2 wholemeal bread (toasted)
Hot water with lemon

Going to make soup later for lunch, not the best in the kitchen but surely even I can do vegetable soup!

Snack - 3 x satsumas and 2 x apples

Lunch - 2 bowls of vegetable soup, yay it was edible!!!!!

Dinner - Baked potato with baked beans and ham omelette (with sprinkle of cheese)

Last edited:
17/9/13

Breakfast - a bit random but 2 x Wholemeal bread (hex b) and ham i.e. ham sandwich
Green Tea

Lunch - Homemade vegetable soup, muller light yogurt and 2 x satsumas

Snacks - Apple and some chicken bits

Dinner - still to come but thinking omelette and salad (with the obligatory baked beans)

Creature of habit...I know what I like and I like what I like!!!!

Craving sugar covered haribo!!!!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Last edited:
17/9/13

Breakfast - a bit random but 2 x Wholemeal bread (hex b) and ham i.e. ham sandwich
Green Tea

Lunch - Homemade vegetable soup, muller light yogurt and 2 x satsumas

Dinner - still to come but thinking omelette and salad (with the obligatory baked beans)

Creature of habit...I know what I like and I like what I like!!!!

Craving sugar covered haribo!!!!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Looks like a good day

18/9/13

Today has been a bit random in that I have eaten on plan but probably not the best nutritionally! I had to get an early flight this morning for work and decided to get breakfast of fruit at airport. Unfortunately once I had got through security.......I went to the gate and not one of the airside shops had fruit and/or had unpacked it and put it in their fridges for sale!

I thought I would grab something at the the other end but flight landed late and had to go straight into a meeting where we didn't stop for lunch....after I had to dash back to airport with the thoughts of baked potato and beans until I hit security again which left 10 minutes till boarding!

Anyway, as I've said on plan but more convenience food

Breakfast - none

Lots of Green Tea during meeting (4 pots)

Lunch when home i.e. 1630 - 2 x Mug Shots

Snacks will be Apple x 2, Large plate of Beetroot

Dinner - Beans on Toast (hex b) with 30g cheddar cheese (hex a) and boiled egg

Not ideal but resisted sweets, cakes and crisps en route!!!

Last edited:
Looking in.

I thank you did well today - no really well in resisting sweets & cakes in the airport.
Looking to see more diaries.

Have a good evening.

Thanks Gossamersquare x

Nanny Doreen - thanks, definitely this diary has kept me on the straight and narrow!

19/9/13

A more normal day today as working from an office.

Breakfast - lots of fruit
Big mug of hot water and lemon

Lots and lots of hot water and lemon today, so far = lots of loo breaks!!!

Someone has brought in a celebration cake to share with everyone - hurrah managed to avoid! I didn't want to offend so have got a piece wrapped in tin foil to take home.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning, instead of my normal Saturday. I'm out tomorrow night for dinner and whilst I can make good choices I know I wouldn't relax at all if I was still to be weighed. Not sure how a day less will reflect but hey ho

Lunch - Ham sandwich made with hex b wholemeal bread, 2 original baby bels (hex a), and 2 apples.

Off to rearranged cinema trip tonight, must resist pick n mix lol!!! Yay managed to resist!

Dinner - 3 x hard boiled eggs with mountain of salad. More fruit and muller light.

Roll on tomorrow x

Last edited:
I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning, instead of my normal Saturday. I'm out tomorrow night for dinner and whilst I can make good choices I know I wouldn't relax at all if I was still to be weighed. Not sure how a day less will reflect but hey ho

Afternoon - I copied above off you diary from this morning. Good luck for weigh in,

I am going to blow my own trumpet now I got weighed last Saturday morning, have had 5 diet days and lost 2lb. I was surprised, but did do 100%. It can be done so good luck. Hope it works for you. :angel09:

20/9/13

Weighed in a day early and so pleased, list 3lbs!! That's what a week on plan but more importantly keeping this diary has done!

Off out for dinner tonight with my sister and friend - going to take care and save syns for food not alcohol. Really looking forward to it x

Breakfast - Fruit (I've never eaten so much fruit but really enjoying even though my food shop costs more)

Green Tea

Lunch - undecided

Dinner - eating out and going to enjoy it!

Been unable to get to gym or out for my usual runs this week due to work, but now I've got food on straight and narrow next week is going to be the exercise amnesty!

20/9/13

Weighed in a day early and so pleased, list 3lbs!! That's what a week on plan but more importantly keeping this diary has done!

Off out for dinner tonight with my sister and friend - going to take care and save syns for food not alcohol. Really looking forward to it x

Breakfast - Fruit (I've never eaten so much fruit but really enjoying even though my food shop costs more)

Green Tea

Lunch - undecided

Dinner - eating out and going to enjoy it!

Been unable to get to gym or out for my usual runs this week due to work, but now I've got food on straight and narrow next week is going to be the exercise amnesty!

Well done on your weight loss and I hope you enjoy your evening x

Good Luck, I know its a good diet to be on but if only you could buy willpower I'd be down to 10st 10lb in minutes

A x

Thank you all for your lovely replies, and buying will power would be amazing!

Yesterday was on plan until the middle of the day but with my sister and her family relocating overseas this week we had an impromptu family gathering. This week is going to be so tough emotionally as we are incredibly close. But keeping my eating in control and keeping my diary up to date gives a different focus in amongst the madness!

So for today...

22/9/13
Breakfast - Mixed bowl of fruit

Have just got back from a 4 mile run, really need to kick my butt into action as exercise has disappeared from my plan for the last 2 weeks. This week may not be the easiest to fit it in but I will commit to minimum of twice more this week!

Lunch - Beans on toast (hex b) with 30g cheddar (hex a), mullet light

Dinner - undecided but thinking chicken breast, rice and veg

Hope everyone has a good Sunday x

Back