Discover Time to stop phaffing!

Hules

Silver Member
Inspired by other threads on here I've decided I need to start a diary too, I think it may help me to stay on track and get off the binge rollercoaster.

I have just turned 40. Losing weight for my 40th failed totally and I have just worked out that I have been losing and gaining this weight for 22 years , enough's enough! At my slimmest just before I got married in 2000 I weighed 10st and felt totally fantastic. Then had my kids and on in went again. 2 years ago I got down to 11.5 for my brother's wedding and was feeling good, but that didn't last either :(

I'm not quite at my heaviest but I am back in the 13s where I start feeling fat rather than plump. After many false starts I started counting points on Thursday and I've been following the C25K plan again from week 4 for the last fortnight (I totally love this programme, in fact if I'm not running I find out much harder to focus on my eating too). It actually feels good to be back in control. I HAVE to track my points and its vintage all the way for me.

I'm feeling positive today and have been reading lots of the journeys on here. It's time I just got on with it too!

Hey Dan, how are you doing hun?

Good luck Hules, i will have to start a diary too. I just have a food diary so far. x

Starting in the morning and this time I mean it!

How you finding it so far? Hopefully after your first weigh in it'll give you the motivation to continue. Its just the first week is always the worst.

Good luck,
Dan x

I'm good so far, my head's in the right place and I really, really want it!

I'm actually a serial weigher and have lost 2lbs already in the first few days so feeling positive. I went for a run this morning (by run I mean shuffle) and although my food isn't brilliant it is within points. I really need to try to avoid picking if I can it means my dinners are limited due to the low points I've got left.

Can't wait to hear how you get on tomorrow hun!

I wouldn't mind trying running but to worried about how stupid ill look and doubt ill even manage a shuffle lol. It all helps though so well done for starting some exercise as that's something I really struggle with but will have to fit in somewhere.

How many points do you get a day? I find I run out when I pick all day so must get organised and do a rough food plan tonight. Not got much really healthy stuff in as get paid next week so will just have to make the best that I can from it.

Dan x

I think I'm supposed to do 23 a day but as I'm on the edge of dropping down to the 12s and as a bit of a buffer I've been doing 22. I definitely do better too when I've planned ahead. In fact I'm out tomorrow so could do with doing that so I don't panic when I get hungry and have a McDs :) (actually not kidding there!)

If you fancy having a go at running I heartily recommend the C25K plan. It starts you running for a minute at a time and builds you up to 30mins straight in 9 weeks. I was amazed the first time round - I had never run before and didn't think that I could considering my shape and build! At my fittest I ran 10K! Brilliant for helping the weight loss along as well. As for looking stupid I was a bit self conscious at first but once I got over the initial embarrassment at seeing someone I knew (don't care if I don't know them) I now just give them a big wave and grin and sweatily lollop by. At least I'm out there exercising! It's hard work but I really do enjoy the feeling when I get home and am chuffed with myself, and now I know I can do it I keep going even if I feel pooped. Hmm, sorry, bit of a C25K ramble there!

I've just finished my tea. I had a lovely bacon, blue cheese and pear salad for lunch and jacket spud with half a portion of homemade chicken curry from the freezer for dinner - it was lovely. Hubby is getting me a WW banoffee dessert from Tesco (my fave) for pud as I've got 3 points left :p. Oh and I even had pancakes for breakfast!

Will have a look at c25k as I really need to get myself moving as it helps with my mood aswell so in turn helps with my eating as I eat with my emotions.

Food sounds really nice, think I may need to dust off my recipe books to keep it interesting. That's why I always tend to come back to ww over other diet plans as there is so much variety and nothing is off limits :)

Dan x

Definitely! I'm a nicer person when I run :rolleyes:

I love that I had blue cheese. I crumbled 20g over my lunch which was about a matchbox sized piece I guess, it seemed plenty because it was so strong and only 2.5 points!

My eating didn't go quite as planned today. I had bacon sarnies for breakfast 6p and a pack up for lunch at 6p leaving me 10 points for dinner - plenty! Then proceeded to eat some of my kids grated cheese, another pack of hula hoops and a small bowl of special K AAARRRGGH! Anyway now have 5.5p left so have made carrot and apple soup which smells lovely (I could have the whole lot for 1p - and just I might!). I really really want another WW banoffee dessert for 3 points when I settle down this evening so I can't have any more than 1.5p of bread. Muuusssstt-beeee-stroooong!

Well I did it! I still have 1/2 point left too as I only had one bowl of soup. Very chuffed with myself so far. Got on the scales this morning and I'm 4 lbs down in 4 days. I know weight can go up and down over the course of a week but I had to know how I was doing. Hooray !

I am still 1.5 within points but I found I had a mad binge sesh again this morning. I keep eating rubbish and don't really care that I'm running out of points - they're not high pointed foods, just one after another they add up! I managed to stop myself and got it under control but it was close to blowing it. When I counted up my points I had more left than I thought so may well have missed something off the list?? I'd better save the 1.5 I guess just in case. Actually, going to go clean my teeth now. I suppose I should be pleased that I managed to stay within, but I really need to sort out this snacking!

Out for tea at the pub tomorrow, I need a plan to limit the damage.....

I've lost 6.5lbs this week hooray! This means I have host over a stone again. Really pleased and feel really focussed too. Gotta love vintage! x Also ran W5R3 today which is 20 mins non stop. It was hard but the Zombies kept me distracted and I actually ran 21:18 as I run to the next marker before I look at my watch/stop etc. And this is where the traffic lights were. Dead chuffed!

I fell off :(
I had a blip where I went over in Friday, then tried to catch up on Sat, nearly did but then wrecked it at the end of the day, then totally self sabotaged today :(

I HAVE to start afresh tomorrow. I can't wreck it this early.

Going to do my food diary online today. I think this may help me get back on track. I've a looooonnnnggg day but hopefully I'll not blow it.

Special K, skimmed milk and selection of berries from my garden - 3
Hula hoops - 2
Heinz C of Tom soup mug sized 2.5
Bread 2 slices - 2.5
Alpen bars x2 - 2
Space invaders x2 - 2 (I eat too many crisps!)
Apple - 0.5
Pancakes - 2
Chilli - 2.5
Mayo - 1

Points used - 20
Points left - 2

So not too bad, definitely overdose on crisps though. I had a madly busy day out of the house and a migraine this afternoon which definitely contributed to my coming in under points.

I AM going to do this!

Last edited:
Okay day today. Ran W6R2 which is 10/3/10. I paced myself and enjoyed the story, the time went fairly quickly. I've been working out exercise Bonus Points and it looks like I earn about 3.5-4 points every time run which must be making a difference. I don't use them so usually so hopefully they will help my 'blip'. I stuck to my points too, bang on 22 but still too many crisps (I think I may be addicted!). I must try to have less than 3 packs in a day. They are low points (1-2) but even so...!

Thanks shez x

Had a bit of an odd day today food wise, I had kind of two packed lunches as I was at work from 8am until 9.30pm. Wasn't particularly hungry when I got home either so ended up only having 17 points which means I'd managed to make up 7 points which I'm pleased about. Not sure about tomorrow's weigh in, I've really got my fingers crossed for a loss though, pllleeeeaaassse? !

Back