Time to tackle my weight gain…..

Hi everyone, I just found this site by chance when searching the internet for a better support group. My husband died last January 2014 after a years battle with cancer, consequently I turned to food for emotional support and have reached 14stone :-((
I now feel ready to tackle my weight gain, Ive joined weight watchers but am not finding their online community very supportive. Hoping to make some friends along the journey for some mutual support.
Hope everyones having a good day
Carol x

Ye i'm shocked too

i have not done a post of my own to intro myself - doin it one by one

welcome

I have a lot of answers as i've been off sugars since boxing day but now i need tmr because it's not happening quick enough.

AHHHHH

sorry i just read your post!

It's incredibly difficult - i think my world would stop.

so sorry...

I don't know what to say - i lost a sister but it's old news now....

Losing a husband is tragic, i'm sorry

you can do the weight loss, you have to start reading the Saturday times... they have a bunch of people in the Magazine on diets and it's highbrow!! and so humanizing

I can so sympathise with you. My mom died of cancer last year and it wrecked me, especially watching her go from a vibrant and fit person to a frail and sick shadow of herself. You never quite come to terms with it and the pain lingers. I also put on a tremendous amount of weight during her illness and in the year after her death.

But.. life must go on.. and ive decided today to get a grip ad start getting back into a healthy weight.

Hi Carol :) good luck x

Last edited:
Back