Tim's Slimming World Diary - 7 Stone to lose.

Tim1505

Hi all,

It's my first day doing slimming world, I have high hopes this time around, but I honestly can't see myself losing any weight on this diet. I'm going to give it ago though as so many people are losing weight doing it. I had tried slimming world a few years ago but ended up quitting after not losing much weight.

I now weigh 2 stone less than I did 2 years ago, but it just isn't commnig off anymore, even with exersize.

I would love to lose another 7 stone or a few stone at least, that would be great, just for my manboobs to go down at least, pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

Todays food:

Green day
Breakfast:
2 Weetabix heb.
150ml semi skimming milk, other 100ml for coffee thoughout the day. hea.
Apple

Lunch:
Buckwheat
mix veg
2 eggs

Dinner:
2 plates of Spagetti bolognese with quorn mince.

0 syns

Hi Tim,
I have a member in my group - a man; he's lost nearly 5 stone since the middle of April:)
he didn't think it would work at first, and it took me a while to get him to trust me, and trust the plan; and he was counting calories for the first few months. Now he's really taken on board everything I've said, and he's flying. I know it can seem impossible to lose weight on this plan when nothing else has worked, but it really does.
Are you going to a group? It really does make a difference, there's lots of ideas, support/help, recipes and it's a great way to make friends.
I think you're being very strict with yourself, going by your food diary. Probably quite hungry too! Which is a shame, because you don't need to be. It's probably because you're feeling suspicious how this is going to work for you.
Enjoy your food! There are so many ideas on here, in the magazine in & the food optimising book. Men do really well with Slimming World, and the ladies in my group are all jealous of his fantasic weight losses - but very proud of him as well.
Hope that helps a bit.

hi Tim,
At man at my group has lost roughly 8 stone I think - Im guessing youre doing red and green days, have you thought of trying extra easy? It is what it says on the tin.... so much nicer to fit into life too!

Cooked breakfasts, sandwiches for lunch, pasta meals or roast dinner type things for tea. Fruity snacks yumyum.
Im a bit of a cheater and im managing to lose so if I can Im sure you can! Also what L.M.S says is right guys always get the best weight losses grrrr.

Good luck! x

Hi Tim. Just want to echo what the others said really. There is a lovely fella in my group who has lost over 5 stone in less than a year! So it can be done - male or female, 1 stone to lose or 10 stone to lose, no matter age, height, size...you can do it :)

Hi all, Thanks for the replies!
Nooo way, I would be too embarraced to go to a group. That's not going to happen, lol. I have signed up for the online membership again.

A few years ago I was doingthe extra easy days only but maybe I was doing something wrong, as I can remember I was always eating sin free chips which may have been the problem. That's another reason why I'm doing this daily diary, just for advice if needed later on.

My plan is to do:
Mon - green
tue - red
wed - green
thur - red
fri - ee
sat - ee
sun - ee

In my mind, the idea is that I'll be carb cycling through monday to thursday, then the weekends would be more easier. I'm even using intermittent fasting along with this by only eating in a 10 hour daily window. That being said, it's only my second day, just hope I can stick to it. So far so good :)

Todays food:

Red Day
Breakfast:
2 Weetabix heb.
2 plums
A Peach

Lunch:
95% beef sausage
fried mushrooms
fried peppers
2 fried eggs
Baked beans.
Brown Sauce
Apple

Dinner:
Half a chicken, skin removed
Salad
Mix veg
Tbsp of Olive oil

Snack
Walkers extra light Crisps
Apple
2 Plums
Alpen light bar

13 syns

Last edited:
So far my diet is going well! I feel full of energy, decided to cut the grass yesterday, sounds simple, but it's like a full workout for me.
Today I'll be doing 3 x 15 minute walks on the treadmill with full incline just to get my metabolism up.

Todays food:

Green Day
Breakfast:
2 Weetabix heb.
Apple

Lunch:
Buckwheat
mix veg
2 boilded eggs

Dinner:
Bulgur
Chickpea and spinach sauce
Olive oil

Snack
Alpen light bar
Honey melon
peach
Plum

13 syns

Todays food:

Red Day
Breakfast:
2 Weetabix heb.
Apple

Lunch:
Eggs
Bacon
Sausages
Mushrooms
Beans
Apple

Dinner:
Lamb
Greenbeans
Salad
Apple

Snack
none

I found out that the sausages were 5 sins each so no snacks today :(:cry:

I'll be shocked if I lose weight on this diet as I've eaten too much. I've just been feeling hungry allday. Guess I'll see on Monday when I weigh myself.

Todays food:

Green Day
Breakfast:
Oats heb.
Apple

Lunch:
2 Jacket Potatoes
Baked Beans
Cheese hea
omelette
Pear

Dinner:
2 large plates of Bulgur
Quorn Chicken pieces
Mix Veg

Snack
Honey Melon
2 Plums
Alpen light bar

8 syns

I have weighed myself this morning and have put on 2 pounds. I am very disapointed as other people seem to lose alot on the first week.

Help me please, I need some advice on what I'm doing wrong.

Yesterdays food:

Extra Easy
Breakfast:
weetabix heb.
Apple

Lunch:
Bacon
2 Sausages 10 sins
mix veg

Dinner:
Lamb
peas
bulgur

Snack
Honey Melon
2 Plums
Alpen light bar

Ok Tim, first of all - weigh yourself Monday if that was the 1st day that you started last week, don't weigh before, as your weight fluctuates daily.
Second, you're missing superfree. Your dinner yesterday for example - peas are a starchy veg so they are a free food, but are not on the superfree veg list. So have your peas, but also include carrots or broccoli, spinach, cauliflower or something else from the superfree list, and you need 1/3 of your plate to be superfree.
Third, I think you're over thinking this. All the hard work has been done for you, so if you have the food optimising book - have a really good read and get to know the plan.
Give Extra easy a really good go for a whole week, and introduce original and green a bit later.
But see what you weigh Monday first.

Ps, it might help you to find some other men on the forum - there's a few threads if you look.

Todays food:

Extra Easy
Breakfast:
weetabix heb.
Apple

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Baked Beans
Omlette
Mushrooms
Apple

Dinner:
Chicken
Bulgur
Mix veg

Snack
Honey Melon

A few swaps you could make are 350 ml skimmed milk - instead of semi skimmed
Fry light for olive oil - which can be used as a B choice, other wise it's synned. Fry light is completely free.
Sainsbury's extra lean Cumberland sausages are only 1/2 syn each.
Let us know how your new weigh in goes. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply Littlemisslim,

I'm fully taking your adviceon board. I have found those be good to yourself sausages, perfect because I was thinking to start eating the quorn sausages which i'm sure taste discusting.
I usually use the fry light, and I'll make sure to only count any olive oil as syns. My HE's A & B are both taken up by breakfast on the Extra Easy plan.
I'll start having skimming milk only now.

This week is going to be extra easy days only, I'll see how it goes, because my weight has stayed exactly the same at 19st 10lbs.

Todays food:

Extra Easy
Breakfast:
oats heb.

Lunch:

Tuna salad
Apple

Dinner:
Lamb
Bulgur
Mix veg
Salad

Snack
Alpen light bar
pear

I know it must be disapointing to maintain, but that's much better than putting on.
Looking back at your week' s food, I can see why you haven't lost.

The idea of 1/3 of your plate super free, is to limit how much free food you are having/
It also fills you up and satisfies your appetite for longer.

So 2 jacket potatoes with cheese, beans and omelette is a pretty hefty meal. The solitary pear after, is just extra calories when you were probably already full.

If you had a cheese, mushroom and tomato omelette with eg, a salad - you would still be full up, but you would be having the right amount of super free.

Or 2 jacket potatoes with beans & cheese, and I would probably put some mushrooms, onions and tomatoes (frylighted!) or a salad.

Those 2 large plates of bulgar wheat - if you had had some sort of super free with the first plate - would you have needed the second?

I can see that generally speaking, you understand the plan. A few of those changes will give your weight loss a boost for next week. The online website is really good, but I think it must be really hard doing this on your own without someone to guide you, so I hope it's helped a bit.:)

Last edited:
Hi littlemissslim, After taking your advice I can feel that my stomach is empty before going to sleep, so I know I am losing weight now. I think the problem is getting the right balance of complex carbs thougout the day, for example yesterday I just had oats and a handful of bulgur. I did weigh myself this morning and I am 2.5 pounds down and I'm just hoping this will continue now.

Thank you for your advice on this, it's really appreciated. I've tried everything to lose weight in the past and nothing seemed to work. I'm feeling alot more positive with this diet now.

Todays food:

Extra Easy
Breakfast:
Oats heb.

Lunch:
sausages
bacon
onions
mushrooms
eggs
beans

Dinner:
Lean mince
Bulgur
Bell peppers
Lettuce
Cucumber
All made into a salad

5 syn Crisps
Shape Yoghurt
Alpen light bar

A good food day for you! You're doing a great job.
Still more superfree for snacks though! Hope you're not going hungry!
How about some frozen fruit or a banana with your oats, or grapes, melon or pineapple for snacks? Or any other fruit you like.

Todays food

Extra Easy
Breakfast:
Oats heb.
Apple

Lunch:
Tuna Salad

Dinner:
Grilled Scallops
Salad
Bulgur

Snack
5 syn Crisps
Shape Yoghurt
2 plums
Apple