Tinkerbelle's food diary

Saturday - 21.04.12 - EE day

Breakfast - 3 slices of bacon, all fat removed, mushrooms and baby tom's with two slices of ww danish bread (HEB)

Lunch - banana, grapes and greek mullerlight (0.5 syns)

Dinner - Rump steak with lots of mushrooms & sw wedges, pea's and carrots with pepper sauce (2.5 syns)

Extra's:
250 mls s/s milk - HEA
2 x Bottles of water

Total syns = 3

I have only just started this diary but I have been doing the slimming world plan since 14.01.12. I have lots of weight to lose but I'm not in a hurry, I'm happy to lose 1-2 lbs a week.

My daughter is getting married next October and I would like to be in a size 14 by then so that I can have my photo taken without trying to hide behind everyone, I was a size 22 when I started which is the biggest I have ever been! I seem to have settled into the slimming world plan and don't have any problems with it but I am aware that my portions are still quite big and I could do with reducing them, I don't want to end up feeling hungry though so will have to do it slowly. This explains why I only lose 1 lb most weeks but that will add up to just under 4 stone in a year so should enable me to reach my target easily, as long as I stick with it...lol.

18.01.12 -5lb
25.01.12 +1lb
01.02.12 STS
08.02.12 -1lb
15.02.12 -2lb
22.02.12 -2lb
29.02.12 -1lb
07.03.12 -3lb
14.03.12 -1lb
21.03.12 -1lb
28.03.12 -1lb
Had two weeks off on holiday
18.04.12 -2lb

Hoping for 2lb loss this week, fingers crossed.

Tinkerbelle6 said:
I have only just started this diary but I have been doing the slimming world plan since 14.01.12. I have lots of weight to lose but I'm not in a hurry, I'm happy to lose 1-2 lbs a week.

My daughter is getting married next October and I would like to be in a size 14 by then so that I can have my photo taken without trying to hide behind everyone, I was a size 22 when I started which is the biggest I have ever been! I seem to have settled into the slimming world plan and don't have any problems with it but I am aware that my portions are still quite big and I could do with reducing them, I don't want to end up feeling hungry though so will have to do it slowly. This explains why I only lose 1 lb most weeks but that will add up to just under 4 stone in a year so should enable me to reach my target easily, as long as I stick with it...lol.

18.01.12 -5lb
25.01.12 +1lb
01.02.12 STS
08.02.12 -1lb
15.02.12 -2lb
22.02.12 -2lb
29.02.12 -1lb
07.03.12 -3lb
14.03.12 -1lb
21.03.12 -1lb
28.03.12 -1lb
Had two weeks off on holiday
18.04.12 -2lb

Hoping for 2lb loss this week, fingers crossed.

Those weight losses r brill hun xx keep at it n it will b gone in no time :)

Sunday - 22.04.12 - EE day

Breakfast - 3 x sainsburys bgty cumberland sausages (1.5 syns), mushrooms, beans and 2 x ww danish bread toasted (HEB)

Lunch - hm vegetable soup & mullerlight greek cherry yoghurt

Dinner - Roast gammon, roasted veg (potato, parsnip, butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots), broccoli, baby sweetcorn, carrots & gravy (2 syns)

Extra's
250ml ss milk - HEA
3 bottles of water
Grapes

Total syns = 3.5

I also had a celebration chocolate tonight, I think they are 2 syns but still well within my daily allowance. I've had a good weekend and managed to stay 100% on plan.

Monday - 23.04.12 - Success Express day

Breakfast - Asda wm pitta (HEB) filled with 2 x bacon and lots of mushrooms, onions & mixed peppers

Lunch - 2 slices roast gammon with assorted roasted veg, broccoli, pea's, carrots & baby sweet corns, drizzle of gravy (2 syns)

Dinner - Chicken noodle stir fry with loads of veg (bok choy, bean sprouts, onions, mixed peppers, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage)

Extra's
250ml ss milk - HEA
4 bottles of water
Grapes
2 x Alpen light bars - HEB - had 1, will have the other one later
1 x celebration - 2 syns

Total syns = 4

After I completed my food diary last night I had a packet of Walkers baked which is another 4.5 syns so my total for the day was 8.5 syns.

I have used my wii fit this morning for just under an hour in the hope that it might help long term as I don't do any other exercise, I do have a treadmill which I need to start using, even if I only do a mile a day it will help. I should do it this week whilst I have time with being off work sick (dodgy hand and can't write) I can't do much else but walking is fine.

Hello Tink,

Thought I would stop by, we are a similar weight. Congrats on your weight loss, I think you are doing brilliantly - much better than me (look at my journey below!!! - although I have lost stones on this diet over the years).

Please don't worry too much about your portions sizes, the diet is clearly working for you and until the time you feel you don't need so much on your plate, don't worry. As I said to someone earlier, I have only just started putting slightly less on my plate - but only as an experiment to see if I am full afterwards. Sometimes I am and sometimes I am not, but you know what, I just have some fruit or something to tide me over and I am fine - I think if you cook too many chips, you will eat them all, but if you cook a certain amount, once their gone, their gone. I do wake up hungry which is a weird feeling as I am used to waking up feeling bloated and lethargic.

Give yourself time and over that time you will know what portion is right for you. You have a long journey, like me and I want to do it slowly but surely rather than in a hurry because thats when I fail. I deny myself things to get good weight losses and then I fall off the wagon big style.

Good luck at weigh in!

xx

Hi Charley, it was lovely to hear from you, I thought I was just chatting to myself....lol. I didn't think that I was doing very well on the plan as when I read everyone else's diary's they are losing far more weight than me but ur right about doing is slowly and surely, it also makes it easier to stick to the plan if I don't feel deprived.

I have just read through your diary thread and it did make me laugh, we have quite a few similarities though I can now take the skin off the roast chicken and put it straight in the dog but that did take some doing! The seat belts on the aeroplane, what a nightmare. I'm never convinced that its gonna fit though up till now I have managed (just), I do struggle however with the drop down table, I couldn't put anything on it as my tummy stopped it from sitting flat, that was my turning point for needing to lose weight. Thanks for the advice on my portion sizes, I still like my tummy to know that I've eaten and then I feel satisfied, if not I just pick at rubbish later in the evening. We do have a long journey ahead of us and I'm fed up with falling off that wagon so I'm hoping to hang on this time, by my fingernails if necessary!

I will post my WI tomorrow, fingers crossed eh x

Oh the drop down table!! That made me giggle too! Why can't they be a little bit further away!!!

I battle with skin and fat on meats and rind! Why. Oh why do I love it so much. Really, it's gross!!!!! I think some hypnosis might do the trick.

Yes regarding other people's weight loss - I spent so much time being miserable at seeing their huge losses compared to mine, but everyone is made up differently. When I used to go to classes there would be the girls who would lose 2 or 3lbs and say 'ooh I dunno how that happened, I had a curry on tuesday and some pizza on wednesday....' and I used to sit there seething with my pound loss having been 100%. I accepted that I just don't have huge losses. Some people on here have a lot of great superspeed superfree meals like lentils and chickpeas and pulses and stuff, I was thinking of having a potato and bread free week and replace it with higher fibre meals to see if that might speed me up a bit. Have you found Ermintrudes diary? It's fantastic and she has lots of fibourous meals. Her lentil shepherds pie is delicious! X

Good luck for you weigh in, I will swing by to see your results! X

:bliss: Woo hoo, I have managed to lose just over 3lb this week (1.5kg) so I am thrilled :bliss:

It seems that two days of success express and time on the wii fit has paid off this week. I just need to keep it up now for next week!

Charley my daughter does that, she tells me how much she's managed to lose that week followed by a list of all the things that she shouldn't have eaten, don't know how she gets away with it but I can't. I eat quite a lot of bread and potatoes so maybe that has something to do with my usual 1lb loss, must check what I have done differently this week then I can do it again....lol.

I will have a look for Ermintrudes diary, I have found Pete's recipe thread which has some great idea's that I want to try. Ok off for a session on the wii fit x

Fanfreakingtastic Tinks!!! 3lbs is a great loss, well done you. What is success express all about? I never really understood it. My friend used to it and had decent results. The Wi is no doubt helping. I must start doing some exercise, right now though I just can't be faffed! Have a good evening! X

I know, I was so thrilled as I never lose 3lb, so happy!

Conlou1 has a food diary and does success express, she explains it much better than I ever could and gives idea's of menu's too with pictures. Basically you fill your plate 1/3rd of free food and 2/3rd's with super free as opposed to the other way around on EE, see I said I was crap at explaining....lol. Usually I'm rubbish at doing exercise as I never seem to have time to fit it in but I'm off work sick with a dodgy hand for a couple of weeks so have managed to use the wii, it all helps eh. Ok off for an early nite x

I haven't been on for a couple of days as I've been busy. I have stuck to plan 100% and have been using the wii.

Thursday - 26.04.12 - EE day

Breakfast - 2 x wm toast (HEB) 2 slices bacon (all visible fat removed) with lots of mushrooms and ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch - Bolognese sauce leftover from last night with some wholewheat pasta

Dinner - Roast chicken with roast veg (potato, butternut squash, parsnip, sweet potato) broccoli, baby sweet corns, carrots, pea's and gravy (2 syns)

Extra's
250ml ss milk - HEA
5 bottles of water
HM Leek and potato soup
Banana
1 x celebration - 2 syns
2 x pink and white - 5 syns

Total syns = 10

Friday - 27.04.12 - EE day

Breakfast - 2 x wm toast (HEB) 2 slices bacon (all visible fat removed) with lots of mushrooms and ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch - Roast chicken salad with beetroot

Dinner - Rump steak, sw wedges, lots of mushrooms, baby sweet corns, carrots and pea's with a pepper sauce (3 syns)

Extra's
250ml ss milk - HEA
5 bottles of water
Greek Cherry Mullerlight - 0.5 syn
1 x celebration - 2 syns
Alpen light - 3 syns

Total syns = 9.5

I've been busy in the greenhouse today sorting all my plants out so haven't had time for the wii fit.

Saturday - 28.04.12 - EE day

Lunch - Spicy chicken salad with small jacket potato

Dinner - Singapore chow mein, hot and spicy - 7 syns

Extra's
250ml ss milk - HEA
4 bottles of water
Grapes
4 x Mikado's - 2 syns

Total syns = 10

Had a lovely breakfast and was going to go to the garden centre but its absolutely pouring down here so won't bother now. Will prepare a lovely roast instead for later

Sunday - 29.04.12 - EE day

Breakfast - 2 x wm toast (HEB) 2 slices bacon (all visible fat removed), 2 x sainsbury's bgty sausages (1 syn) with lots of mushrooms and beans

Lunch - Banana & Mullerlight

Dinner - Lean lamb chops with roasted veg (potato, butternut squash, parsnips, sweet potato & carrot) broccoli, baby sweet corns, fine green beans, carrots & spring greens (9 different veg!) and minted gravy (3 syns)

Extra's
250ml ss milk - HEA
3 bottles of water
4 x Mikado's - 2 syns

Total syns = 6

Back