tinned chopped tomatoes

NumNumPigsBum

"The Stig" Pig
Sorry if this has been asked before but why are tinned chopped tomatoes in tomato juice pointed? I thought fruit and veg were free?:confused:

All tomatoes are tinned in juice are they not? I have no idea. I just put the info into the calculator and it says 2PP per tin. Just a bit surprised as I was getting all excited at making a free soup after a little bit of a disaster yesterday lol

Sorry if this has been asked before but why are tinned chopped tomatoes in tomato juice pointed? I thought fruit and veg were free?:confused:

Hi Numnum,

On my tracker 'Tomatoes, whole or chopped, canned' comes up as 0PP - even if I select 10 cans! What are you putting in to get the 2 PP figure? Are you inputting the NI from the can? The only thing I can think of is that some of the foods that are designated 0PP would bring up a PP figure if you input the nutritional figures into the calculator - 'cos even though they are 0PP, they still have calories, carbs etc - and tomatoes are a more 'carby' veg than a lot of others. Sorry if that is a bit rambling, I hope it makes sense!

Makes complete sense! Yeah, I was putting in the nutritional info as I couldn't find them on the list. I was creating a recipe and wanted to remember what I had used so that's why I input all the info. I'm not sure wether to point them or not now? *ponder ponder*

Makes complete sense! Yeah, I was putting in the nutritional info as I couldn't find them on the list. I was creating a recipe and wanted to remember what I had used so that's why I input all the info. I'm not sure wether to point them or not now? *ponder ponder*

Personally I have been counting them as 0PP. On the online tracker I put in tomatoes and they come up about 7 down on the 'Food' list - mind you that might vary depending on your own favourites etc.

Personally I have been counting them as 0PP. On the online tracker I put in tomatoes and they come up about 7 down on the 'Food' list - mind you that might vary depending on your own favourites etc.

aaaahhhhh!!! Thank you! I couldn't find them for looking. Muahahaha now my soup is 0PP eeeeexcellent :D

Thank you very much!!

I always point 0pp for toms!

Back