Tinned Pilchards

m-mouse

Not very good at this!
I know some of you will think this is gross, but are tinned pilchards on tomato sauce ok on Cruise, because I love them - but not really sure if they are ok or not?

ok on cruise on a PV day but only if...

they contain no added fat/sugar or salt! so basically if they're just pilchards in tomato you're fine - otherwise read the labels :)

think I'm right in saying that's all you have to avoid....

Since starting Dukan, realising that reading often teeny tiny print on the back of packages is now beyond me, I've bought a magnifying glass thingy - handbag size!

Pathetic but true (WH Smith sells them!).

I'd be surprised if these pilchards were ok - if not, dab all sauce off!

Thanks - I have hidden them at the back of the cupboard, so I can't hear them asking me to eat them.

Can I ask where(ish) you are on the south coast?

How are you finding the diet?

Truly, over here, those sort of tins exist and he says to sponge the sauce off with kitchen roll (on a PV day in case a little tomato lingers)... so have them... just dispose of the sauce!

in a village near Lymington
I am finding the diet easyish to stick to thank you, or rather I think I am sticking to it - and then I discover I am not because for example one day I had just some veg at lunchtime - which I was put right on! I find the book quite confusing and lacking in detail, but the slipups are more that sort of thing, as opposed to troughing a bar of chocolate slipups!

ooh I love the New Forest area... last time home, we drove through on our way to Bournemouth... my other half has never been to the NF, so we promised to return! I used to pony trek there as a child (living in Fareham)

ooh I love the New Forest area... last time home, we drove through on our way to Bournemouth... my other half has never been to the NF, so we promised to return! I used to pony trek there as a child (living in Fareham)

Ah I grew up in Bournemouth. We have only been here for 2 years - prior to that lived in Fareham for 10 years - small world!

we have only been pony trekking in the forest once - my daughter refuses to go again after the public debacle of her trying to get off this flaming horse :)

That is weird - we were probably at school together - look in my album and see if you know me!!

no sorry Fareham I meant... until 1982 (can't see my album???! have I gone?) oooh it's in Photo Gallery

no sorry Fareham I meant... until 1982 (can't see my album???! have I gone?)

Ah no I grew up in Bournemouth and then moved to Fareham 1995 with my husband. The computer says 'No' - I dont have authorisation to look at your album - maybe it is a number of posts thing again, a bit like the attachments yesterday.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's a post thing... When in England, I'm often in Fareham though visiting family...

ah ok - I don't tend to go back that often - nothing to take me there really. We weren't quite in fareham - Whiteley

my best friend lives there!

No! this is getting spooky! she was probably my next door neighbour! Does she live in a horsey street or an author?

No... in a new build! ahh!
I'm still a Southampton football supporter, for my sins, and my sister and father are still season ticket holders! 37 years!

Sorry i meant a street with a horsey name or with a name of an author. It was cute at the primary school because the kids were split between Pompey and saints. I work with a lot of saints supporters, but quite a few of them have become a bit dissillusioned and not renewed their season tickets, which I think is sad - you're either a supporter or not.

Back