Extra Easy Tinned tomatoes (chopped)

FloralFlower85

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=251202170

I use these to make my sauces for whatever I do with spaghetti .. but I still find it very tomatoey and sharp, no matter what I do. I've added a bit of sweetener and herbs .. and it doesn't really alter the taste. What do you add into it to make it taste nicer??

I have to admit to having a giggle that tomatoes would be tomatoey :)

However I find those little frozen cubes of chilli or garlic ( or both) really good for stirring in to tinned tomatoes. Both free :)

I find fresh chopped garlic and chili pepper (dried flakes, usually) usually dominate any flavour in my dishes!

A bit of low fat natural yogurt stirred in at the end might reduce any sharpness (but watch you don't boil it or it might curdle - yuk).

I have to admit to having a giggle that tomatoes would be tomatoey :)

However I find those little frozen cubes of chilli or garlic ( or both) really good for stirring in to tinned tomatoes. Both free :)

Hehe!! I couldn't think of any other way to describe them ... they seem quite tomatoey haha!! Almost sharp?? Does that make sense??

I'll have a look and see if can find them, thank you :)

Have you not tried passata to make sauce? Or buy a more expensive tin of tomatoes they have a more richer flavour

I never thought of passata .. will have to try this!! Thank you!!!

I find fresh chopped garlic and chili pepper (dried flakes, usually) usually dominate any flavour in my dishes!

A bit of low fat natural yogurt stirred in at the end might reduce any sharpness (but watch you don't boil it or it might curdle - yuk).

Will also try this :) Thank you!!

Im the same I cant stand the sharpness of tinned tomatoes. I don't use them anymore, I make all my sauces using passatta and tomato puree now, add in some mixed herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and its fab!

I sent hubby out for passatta!!

That's really good.

If I sent mr LTL out for passatta he would come back with either
A- some Maris pipers
Or
B- a kids party game

His hearing is atrocious

That's really good.

If I sent mr LTL out for passatta he would come back with either
A- some Maris pipers
Or
B- a kids party game

His hearing is atrocious

That made me giggle!!!
I was quite impressed he came back with the correct stuff haha!!

Back